"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas-mendoza

May 2, 2011
Visit site
It may be something about HoloLens.
The term Mind-blowing was used to Describe Gaming on the device in a past article...

Microsoft CEO Talks "Mind-Blowing" Gaming Potential for HoloLens

"Just imagine what is possible with Minecraft," Satya Nadella says.

PrinceM

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I think it is Windows 10 devices from Samsung or LG. Not that it will blow _my_ mind, but whatever. Official apps from Snapchat and Google would definitely blow my mind.

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I've read all the forum and see lots of conjecture and wishes. :)

But seing how it has been teased and how silent people involved are, i think it's should be something ground breaking.

Do you think that someone as Blass who see leaks every day (some amazing), can still be carried away by a new phone? And seems that he is carried away, so it might be something we didn't think of or dream about.

My thought is that, the new thing might be link to microsoft future envision - do you remember this video where phones dock together? ^^

Tips_y

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Apple allowing Microsoft to use the iPhone App Store in W10Mobile would blow my mind off, and everybody else's I might add... that would be an end-of-the-world scenario LOL!

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

hey, at least I got a good laugh at the comments here, some of them were hilarious, I like that windows mobile users have a good sense of humour.

Vittorio Vaselli

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
-Holographic App support in next Windows Phone
-Phone that become a tablet thanks to flexible display
-3D touch with exploding tiles(real not like ifon)
-Control your phone using eyes(for one hand mode)
-A bunch of Continuum dock(tablet-like, laptop-like etc) so you can use your phone as unique device, but using different screens
-Windows 10 Mobile, is actually full Windows 10 and we can install .exe already.

supask8a23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
-Holographic App support in next Windows Phone
-Phone that become a tablet thanks to flexible display
-3D touch with exploding tiles(real not like ifon)
-Control your phone using eyes(for one hand mode)
-A bunch of Continuum dock(tablet-like, laptop-like etc) so you can use your phone as unique device, but using different screens
-Windows 10 Mobile, is actually full Windows 10 and we can install .exe already.

-also for the Phone to teleport
-travel through time
-clean my house

really shootin for the stars there dude, lets be realistic and so many people read this and others who comment the same, as pessimism, but we all just need a good looking phone with great specs that fits in perfectly with the Surface line.

THAT'S what would blow my mind

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Still musing here..

Hardware?
If it's "a whole bunch of hardware vendors have phones", I don't think we would have received such excited hints from several directions. It's a good sign, but not mind-blowing. I also agree that it seems tough to do anything mind blowing on the hardware front that isn't gimmicky, but who knows.

New features?

If it's the OS, it would have to be major for people to get so excited. I don't think MS has been hiding major functionality during all these preview releases. Maybe Cortana developed consciousness? Probably not.

App influx?
If it's apps, it would have to be major. I don't think a single app would stir up these teases. To me it really seems "major player coming to the platform". If that was Apple, what could they bring? (never mind that they wouldn't). Would Siri, Apple maps, iBooks, iTunes coming to WP be mindblowing? OK, kinda. Would it cause people to say "WP is not dead"? Doubtful to me. Im still thinking a Google app suite fits the bill. It's what they have been doing, and Google's absence from the platform has been a major pain point for some.

App porting?
The final option in my mind is some kind of app/OS interoperability. Easy porting, flawless efficient emulation, etc. I think emulation would be more a nail in the coffin, rather than a platform boost.

Ready to have my mind blown, fearful to have my hopes dashed! :)

Last edited:

VoK

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
MS leaves the phone business and keeps focused on things that brought them real and stable revenue so far. So basically things that MS does well (Office, Windows, Server solutions and tools). Sad vision for all those who believed in Windows Mobile reincarnation since the release of first Windows Mobile OS. :/

Mike Bourbon

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
SO I have been hearing that MS will provide a SIM card that can be used on Windows 10 phones for data, and it's a buy as you go type deal. If you have dual sim phones you can direct data to go through the MS SIM. If that rumor is true, I think the deal would be with T-Mobile's network. If it's with T-Mobile, then I think, somehow DISH Network is involved here too. Someone at betanews predicted that Apple would buy DISH network this year to get it's 'SLING' service on Apple TV's. I think it's more likely that MS is going to buy them to get the service more deeply imbedded in the XBOX ecosystem while maintaining a presence on other systems like AppleTV, ROKU, Playstation and alike. Also, DISH has a significant portion of the wireless spectrum in the US that would help MS establish that 2nd sim for Data at a really low price to the consumer by allowing T-Mobile to operate on it while providing access.
Remember Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix has some deep ties with Microsoft (He sat on their board until 2012). It might behoove netflix to have a friendly company with them in the entertainment business. And it would be a great deal for Dish because I am pretty sure Charlie Ergen will have access to more households then they would if Apple bought them out.....

chasvs

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just want a 5.7 inch Surface Phone! Got nearly all the apps I want (have all I need), so a fantastically functioning Windows Device is what I am looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99