"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniket Bhat

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid this leak is going to hype it to a level where MS won't be able to live up to. Unless it's Google apps with proper support, not just a bug fix once in 6 years.

If I were to guess it has to be either

a) Astoria/Islandwood proper release.

b) HoloLens Public release?

c) MixView/Interactive Tiles (On PC and Mobile) for insider?

d) All of the above+google apps.

awneze

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile will be open source to just OEMs, not full open source, just enough to differentiate the look/feel of windows across different OEMs

Pixeldruids

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
How about a Generic Windows 10 Mobile ROM Installer ? You download it on S7,Mi5,iphone 6s etc and it will install Windows 10 Mobile on the phone. Wont it be Mind Blowing?

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.
In what ways has he backtracked? Did he tweet something to indicate that he backtracked? Dan Rubino had said it has to do with the platform and not some sort of hardware. The only thing that would be mind blown for me are an influx of all popular apps.

stuartbritt

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
In what ways has he backtracked? Did he tweet something to indicate that he backtracked? Dan Rubino had said it has to do with the platform and not some sort of hardware. The only thing that would be mind blown for me are an influx of all popular apps.

Someone asked him if he had any more info in a tweet. He said no, followed by something like "and I'm surprised that so many people took it as a precursor to a leak". (referring to his original tweet).
That's open to interpretation I suppose. He could be backtracking, in that there's not really much to say, or he could be saying that there is something, but he's not going to leak it.
Maybe what he was referring to was Paul Thurrot coming out with an article saying Windows Mobile wasn't dead. That pretty much blew my mind!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I hate to ruin the surprise...
It is improved Continuum. One that allows Xbox to use Windows Mobile Continuum as a second screen. The Xbox one controller can now pair with Windows Mobile. Now with an Xbox One and Continuum WM device, you can play a two person game on two separate independent screens.(Expandability for up to 4 WM/Screens to follow)

Btw: I think some of the other ideas in this thread have an asterisk mark on them from Microsoft.

Last edited:

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Someone asked him if he had any more info in a tweet. He said no, followed by something like "and I'm surprised that so many people took it as a precursor to a leak". (referring to his original tweet).
That's open to interpretation I suppose. He could be backtracking, in that there's not really much to say, or he could be saying that there is something, but he's not going to leak it.
Maybe what he was referring to was Paul Thurrot coming out with an article saying Windows Mobile wasn't dead. That pretty much blew my mind!

Yeah, why would anyone interpret a tweet from a guy who leaks things on twitter for a living to be a leak or precursor to a leak. I'll give Evan credit for some quality leaks over the years, but man does he sure act like an @$$.

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Evleaks seems to be backtracking now. I have a feeling that things have been blown out of proportion, and that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people.

There has been some smoke by others as well that I think there is something to it and he just doesn't want to say to much. Maybe he is backtracking from the "Something that will blow your mind" part a little but I think it is still significant. Brad Sams and Thurrot went from "Windows Mobile is Dead" to Windows Mobile is not dead over the last week or two and Rubino as indicated that something is coming as well. It seems to be more software related from things that each have said or at least not hardware related. Sams also mentioned something about expecting the Surface phone to happen but it would be from multiple vendors. This seemed to be unrelated to the other info he had that he said we was sitting on for now.

Long story short, I expect there to be something major next week and was big enough to have a few people that were ready to give up on Windows Mobile rethinking its complete demise at least.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Edge S7W is the most likely candidate. Samsung is already doing w10 tablets and there's no particular reason I know of for them to solely support android on smaller screens, so why not?

ETA: Except I see on reddit Dan said he hadn't heard of a samsung phone, so it's not that. oh well

labsii

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I've also placed my bets on Galaxy S7. But if you say it isn't likely then LG G5 would be the next candidate.

As EvLeaks hinted it is nothing Microsoft related, and it is more exciting than HP there isn't much more left. I think HTC One M10 wouldn't be such a huge surprise after M8...

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I figured it out, it's VVM support for Dual SIM phones!! That is mind blowing lol (Latest build at least shows it in Phone app even though it doesn't work due to known issues).

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've also placed my bets on Galaxy S7. But if you say it isn't likely then LG G5 would be the next candidate.

As EvLeaks hinted it is nothing Microsoft related, and it is more exciting than HP there isn't much more left. I think HTC One M10 wouldn't be such a huge surprise after M8...

I've seen several rumors about HTC having a phone coming out so I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. I doubt this was the blow your mind info though because indications I've seen seem to point to something not hardware related. At least I hope so. Really hoping for something app related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3