"Something that will blow your mind" what do you think this could be

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Not. It's too ugly, too big, doesn't have glance, a wimpy excuse for a camera and it has Windows 10. Those are all the strikes against it I need to see.

ScubaDog

Banned
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
What it in the world do people qualify as "jaw dropping" and "mind blowing"? These days, it apparently takes very little. Sort like winning the Nobel Peace prize....all you have to do is show up and kiss the right ring.

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
So, the hp elite x3 was the mind blowing thing... Or not?

Not likely, but the partnership details that were raised in the article including the 30 corporations under non-disclosures looking to buy the phone in bulk is very interesting indeed. Kind of makes you wonder if that whole going after businesses idea really was more than just a line in a speech. That could be very big for the platform if all those companies follow through. The comments about running Win32 apps through the cloud was impressive as well. Some interesting things going on with that phone.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
It's been nearly a week since evLeaks made the statement. I don't think even they know what's mind blowing. Probably something like virtualized desktop support like what's HP is offering with their X3 phone. Big whoop. Next please.

kevinn206

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's been nearly a week since evLeaks made the statement. I don't think even they know what's mind blowing. Probably something like virtualized desktop support like what's HP is offering with their X3 phone. Big whoop. Next please.

Except evLeaks said "don't be ridiculous" when asking if the HP phone was the mind blown. Besides, there's nothing mind blown about remote desktop on a phone. No one knows what's going on right now with what evLeak and Dan know (and probably Mary Jo Foley too). It's possible tomorrow we'll know or have to wait until Build 2016 at end of March.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
What it in the world do people qualify as "jaw dropping" and "mind blowing"? These days, it apparently takes very little. Sort like winning the Nobel Peace prize....all you have to do is show up and kiss the right ring.

The fact you spend so much time posting here but not have any hope for Windows 10 Mobile?

Also the double wasn't necessary, you could have kept your bitter rant in one single post.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
As a network admin who drags his users kicking and screaming onto the bleeding edge (I wish)... I am very interested to see what this virtualization of legacy apps to run on a Windows Mobile device turns out to be. I'm certain it will be more than simply running the Remote Desktop app connected to a Windows machine where the software is actually installed.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile I feel like it's the night before Christmas. I just hope to wake up tomorrow and find out that Santa is real!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Not. It's too ugly, too big, doesn't have glance, a wimpy excuse for a camera and it has Windows 10. Those are all the strikes against it I need to see.

Well, it's supposed to be a business phone. I think it looks good, battery should be excellent due to the size, great specs - I mean, when have you seen 4GB RAM and 64GB memory on a windows phone? The specs are quite good. The camera is enough for business people and not photography enthusiasts like myself (lumia 1020 user)

isn't the lumia 1520/1320 bigger than this phone?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
As a network admin who drags his users kicking and screaming onto the bleeding edge (I wish)... I am very interested to see what this virtualization of legacy apps to run on a Windows Mobile device turns out to be. I'm certain it will be more than simply running the Remote Desktop app connected to a Windows machine where the software is actually installed.

I use Windows 10 on all my personal devices and I love it. I'm totally curious about this too. That's what I thought when I first read about HP's virtualization. My thought is it's glorified remote desktop. That's nothing new. It's probably a remote desktop version that works with Continuum via HP's VM subscription from employer. But if that's all it is, it's only for business/corporate users. Nothing 99% of us would ever use daily.

desaideas1

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Its app virtualization. It looks like it is running on your desktop but is really running on a server on n azure or HP's implementation of azure cloud.
I use Windows 10 on all my personal devices and I love it. I'm totally curious about this too. That's what I thought when I first read about HP's virtualization. My thought is it's glorified remote desktop. That's nothing new. It's probably a remote desktop version that works with Continuum via HP's VM subscription from employer. But if that's all it is, it's only for business/corporate users. Nothing 99% of us would ever use daily.

Ariman Amin

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have read alot about the HP Elite X3.. And they make a desktop(like laptop) that can only work with the phone.. And here's goes my idea.. Microsoft can also do the same.. Make a desktop(like laptop) that is build in with the dock functionality and keyboard.. But remove the touch pad of the desktop and replace it with 950xl instead !! in landscape position !! Walaaahh !!!! Then put a charger port (usb type c) that actually charge the 950xl and some Usb port for pendrive !!! So people can see that 950 xl is the engine for the laptop !! *sorry for bad english

Gregory Newman

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Well Mobile World Congress is here. is there any Microsoft booth at this event. You would think that Microsoft has something to show. how about a Surface Mini 8 inch tablet or a new Surface 3A tablet to replace the Surface Atom CPU Tablet

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
You read it here first

LTE and continuum enabled snapdragon Band 3 with a wireless connection to a foldable touch screen, available in a range of sizes from 5" to 30"+

Well that's what I'd like anyway :)

Euell Gibbons

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
MS is rolling out 5G in 135 markets in the US early this summer, and all current Windows Phone 8.1 phones already have the hardware to run it. MS service will cost $50/mo, and allows unlimited talk, text, and 25 GB data.

That would blow my mind. :grin:

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I retract my hope/prediction that it's Google apps. I just noticed an old post on The Verge's forum thread. David Goodhand (MS emloyee) stated that he thinks he knows what the tease was about, and described his opinion as follows:

ghdavid.jpg

That does not sound AT ALL like "Google apps coming to WP", and more like "WP skin on Android phone". Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss