We hope Windows Mobile isn't dying.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
All the more reason.. Example: dozen of tech blogs

And yes a blog is different from a forum, but isn't forum meant for help and voicing an opinion?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The other option you could try is to get an inexpensive Windows Phone and use an Android tablet or an iPad for the apps that are missing on Windows Phone.

Laura, ordinarily i would agree with this move, but if i play devil's advocate, why should that be enough? If i don't want to or am not in a position to carry around more than one device...why cannot MSFT offer me the appropriate experience? If this is my OS of choice, why am i only stuck with mostly MSFT hardware at each price point? Not everyone wants a Lumia, believe it or not.

I get that MSFT was on their 4th rewrite of the OS, but that's the problem. iOS is different because it is in control over hardware and software. Android is different because Google just does the base layer of Android (technically, their version of Android anyways) and leaves it up to the OEMs to alter it on a software and hardware level.

The market moves so fast that no one has time for another rewrite as MSFT figures out what it's doing...

Posted approved via Moto Maxx

anon(9015415)

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
For those thinking I already made up my mind and I'm posting for no reason, I most definitely did not. I've had my Lumia 920 for more than 2 years now and I was amazed by its capability. After all the struggle it has gone through with updates and rollbacks I can see it's not handling Windows 10 that well, especially with its old hardware.
I would never switch to another platform, and not really because I hate iOS or Android, but because I love Windows so much. Lag was the one thing I never worried about with this phone, but the app gap is simply not tolerated anymore on my side.

The store has the crucial apps, but why am I receiving missed calls on FB messenger? Because I can't answer them on my device. No video calls on Viber. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram couldn't be more behind those on other platforms. I realized that even the apps we have are outdated. Third-party apps are mostly great, but it just isn't the experience I want. And this is not just the case with social network apps.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Its kind of simple. Love or hate Windows Phone if apps are that important to you, move on. If not, stick around. I know there are a lot of "Windows Phone is dead" threads lately but HP is releasing a new phone and rumor has it other OEMs are releasing Windows 10 Mobile phones as well (in the near future). My guess is (especially HP) they wouldn't be releasing new hardware on a dead platform. So, Windows Phone (Mobile for those that need to differentiate) is not dead.

Sent from my Surface 3

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Its kind of simple. Love or hate Windows Phone if apps are that important to you, move on. If not, stick around. I know there are a lot of "Windows Phone is dead" threads lately but HP is releasing a new phone and rumor has it other OEMs are releasing Windows 10 Mobile phones as well (in the near future). My guess is (especially HP) they wouldn't be releasing new hardware on a dead platform. So, Windows Phone (Mobile for those that need to differentiate) is not dead.

Sent from my Surface 3
I believe that other OEMs are promising. I wouldn't count on HP. It didn't take them long to kill webOS devices , even though webOS was their product.

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
For those thinking I already made up my mind and I'm posting for no reason, I most definitely did not. I've had my Lumia 920 for more than 2 years now and I was amazed by its capability. After all the struggle it has gone through with updates and rollbacks I can see it's not handling Windows 10 that well, especially with its old hardware.
I would never switch to another platform, and not really because I hate iOS or Android, but because I love Windows so much. Lag was the one thing I never worried about with this phone, but the app gap is simply not tolerated anymore on my side.

The store has the crucial apps, but why am I receiving missed calls on FB messenger? Because I can't answer them on my device. No video calls on Viber. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram couldn't be more behind those on other platforms. I realized that even the apps we have are outdated. Third-party apps are mostly great, but it just isn't the experience I want. And this is not just the case with social network apps.

Sure sounds like your mind is made up to me.

'Should I get a 1520 or an Android?'... then on and on about how the app gap is "not tolerable anymore".

Get an Android or an iPhone. Move on. Be happy.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I think the way MS is going is the way forward and I think from here on in things will only get better when you consider their most recent acquisitions.
The only thing that holding them back is apps and they are going out of their way to solve this and with more and more OMs coming on line I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Better news for the MM user abounds lately.
Build 2016 is on the horizon and I'm sure that will shed even more light on the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon