02-26-2016 06:42 PM
29 12
tools
    For those thinking I already made up my mind and I'm posting for no reason, I most definitely did not. I've had my Lumia 920 for more than 2 years now and I was amazed by its capability. After all the struggle it has gone through with updates and rollbacks I can see it's not handling Windows 10 that well, especially with its old hardware.
    I would never switch to another platform, and not really because I hate iOS or Android, but because I love Windows so much. Lag was the one thing I never worried about with this phone, but the app gap is simply not tolerated anymore on my side.

The store has the crucial apps, but why am I receiving missed calls on FB messenger? Because I can't answer them on my device. No video calls on Viber. Twitter, Facebook and Instagram couldn't be more behind those on other platforms. I realized that even the apps we have are outdated. Third-party apps are mostly great, but it just isn't the experience I want. And this is not just the case with social network apps.
    Sure sounds like your mind is made up to me.

'Should I get a 1520 or an Android?'... then on and on about how the app gap is "not tolerable anymore".

Get an Android or an iPhone. Move on. Be happy.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    02-23-2016 10:30 PM
    Originally posted by Turikk95
    I'm afraid our nightmares are coming true, and no...none of the apps I wanna use are available in the store, or at least not up to date. I think I'll go for an Android and wait from a safe corner to see if thing get better with WM.
    I hate to say it but if you need those apps, go with android
    02-24-2016 08:03 PM
    I think the way MS is going is the way forward and I think from here on in things will only get better when you consider their most recent acquisitions.
    The only thing that holding them back is apps and they are going out of their way to solve this and with more and more OMs coming on line I think I can see some light at the end of the tunnel
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-26-2016 08:35 AM
    Better news for the MM user abounds lately.
    Build 2016 is on the horizon and I'm sure that will shed even more light on the future.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-26-2016 06:42 PM
29 12