12-13-2016 11:08 PM
44 12
tools
    10 things Canada does better than anywhere else - CNN.com

I love Canada!
    Canada welcomes dogs on it's national park trails where America bans pets on trails.

So what other stuff is so good about Canada?
    Chime in...
    04-11-2016 12:40 AM
    04-11-2016 12:43 AM
    04-11-2016 04:49 PM
    04-11-2016 04:58 PM
    Canada is so great because they've got the patience of saints to put up the trash talking some Americans have been doing about them for years...

G4 Approved
    04-12-2016 09:12 AM
    04-13-2016 04:01 AM
    Canada is so great because they've got the patience of saints to put up the trash talking some Americans have been doing about them for years...

G4 Approved
    I fire it back just as good, don't worry! ha ha. Canada is great because of 1. HOCKEY, 2. Awesome crazy foods, 3. REAL BEER, You can drink a dozen beer in the state and get the same buzz as 2 beer up here! ha ha.

As for poutine, we make a roast chicken poutine. it's awesome. shredded roast chicken, poutine sauce, cheese curds, and shoestring fries. NOTHING better to eat ever. America has us NAILED on the Mexican food tho! There is a little place in the town we have our house in, in florida. Its authentic Mexican food, not taco bell Mexican, and its delicious.
    04-13-2016 04:34 AM
    Oh, Canada is not so great after all. Ha ha ha
    Attached Thumbnails 3f3ef874-7e7c-466a-a1e4-f7ec3e0eafb3.jpg  
    04-13-2016 04:58 AM
    Yes, but America has the female equivalent.....TAYLOR SWIFT. What a load of crap that is, acts all innocent, but has had more mates than a rabbit in heat. shes a load of crap. At least you know your getting a ****** with Justin, with Taylor, its a ****** and a half in sheeps clothing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-13-2016 06:34 AM
    One word: Rush
    04-17-2016 01:36 AM
    One word: Rush
    Yeah baby!
    One of the very best things about Canada!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-17-2016 01:42 AM
    Bob & Doug McKenzie
    04-17-2016 01:46 AM
    joni_mitchell_2004.jpg

Another Canadian great...
    Laura Knotek and mark233 like this.
    04-17-2016 01:56 AM
    04-17-2016 02:12 AM
    ice-road.jpg

Not me there's no way I'd drive 60,000 pounds across a frozen body of water!
    Best left to a Canadian...
    04-17-2016 02:42 AM
    "Why is Canada so great?" Because Justin Bieber isn't there anymore!

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10 Mobile
    05-04-2016 12:44 AM
    Food!

Posted via Windows Central UWP using a
    Nokia Lumia 635 512mb phone running W10M Tech Preview
    Latest build.
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    05-15-2016 01:59 AM
    Why is Canada so great? Well that's personal perspective but I can see why some in the US would feel that way. :P

Gun control - it's nice to know that not everyone can own guns and if you do they're properly looked after for the most part
    Health care - you don't need to be a millionaire to survive disease
    Majority of the population lives close the US border (some towns actually cross the border). So when you go to the US and come back you realise how nice Canada is.
    It's a relatively clean place, at least that's what all the tourists say.
    Relatively easy going people, for the most part.

It's a nice place, was born there, lived most of my life there, but personally am happy I left.
    06-08-2016 03:35 AM
    Ill leave this one here lol
    Attached Thumbnails reynolds-deadpool-800.jpg  
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    06-08-2016 03:37 AM
    wp_20140924_133.jpg

Although it's been most recently seen bumming around Pittsburgh.
    06-15-2016 12:44 PM
    I can give you reasons why it's not great.

The CRTC. Regulates Canadian broadcasting and telecommunications. They allow the big 3 companies to maintain their monopolies and overcharge customers for internet/telephones. They have countless times refused to allow U.S. companies to purchase Spectrum because the big 3 telcos complained they could not compete. But really, competition is what this place needs.

The CRTC requires Netflix has a certain percentage of Canadian content. So netflix is forced not to license many shows/movies to maintain a proper ratio. Licensing is overcharged as well. The problem is that if Canadian content was good people would want to watch it, but for the most part it's lacking. And forcing this content on users isn't going to make it any better.

Products are required to have bilingual packaging/languages/stickers etc... and as a result everything comes to Canada way later. It's understandable that we are a bilingual country. But I don't think it affects anyone because the majority of us speak English. The majority of people in Quebec included. There are very small parts of Quebec where people refuse to speak English, they are typically called separatists.

Those are just a few of the downsides when speaking tech/services. :) Other than that it is a great place.
    06-15-2016 12:57 PM
    The CRTC requires Netflix has a certain percentage of Canadian content. So netflix is forced not to license many shows/movies to maintain a proper ratio. Licensing is overcharged as well. The problem is that if Canadian content was good people would want to watch it, but for the most part it's lacking. And forcing this content on users isn't going to make it any better.
    This might show some differences between Canadian and American viewers - my wife and I were amused when we noticed quite a few of the shows we were watching were Canadian productions. It actually got to a point where we'd start watching a show, get hooked, start looking into it and one of us would utter "yep, Canadian".

Most of the things I'd list have already been posted, so I'll give Dan Aykroyd, Mike Myers, Jim Carrey, and Seth Rogan honorable mention.
    06-15-2016 08:08 PM
    monty_hall_abc_tv.jpg

Monte Hall is an awesome Canadian!!
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    06-16-2016 01:05 AM
    Products are required to have bilingual packaging/languages/stickers etc... and as a result everything comes to Canada way later. It's understandable that we are a bilingual country. But I don't think it affects anyone because the majority of us speak English. The majority of people in Quebec included. There are very small parts of Quebec where people refuse to speak English, they are typically called separatists.
    I would have thought this was true until I saw the packaging in Europe. It's multilingual. So that's not really an excuse. I think population is the biggest issue with Canada. Being such a large country but such a tiny population in comparison. Being close to the US which has a very large population has caused more issues for Canada than anything else with trade policies seeming one way. Australia suffers in a similar fashion except they don't have the issue of the US and is closer to the Asian markets, which helps in a way.

The US has caused more harm for the Canadian economy and products situation than it has helped. Some of the past policies really made a mess for Canada in that way. I was quite surprised by a few things in Canada when I was last there a couple of years back. It still sits in the shadow of the US too much.

The monopolies that exist also cause issues there which is probably the number one reason for the problems with tech.
    Last edited by N_LaRUE; 06-20-2016 at 04:30 AM.
    06-20-2016 02:13 AM
    Cold enough, so you get half a year not see any amphibians for those like me who suffers #batrachophobia here
    06-24-2016 02:18 PM
44 12