Lumia 630 and other 500mb ram phones

codex56

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I know due to performance issue's Lumia 630 and other phones having 500 Mb ram are not upgraded to windows 10 but Is Microsoft had left them as garbage since no updates are coming for them.
At least they can provide some update to make these phones look better or provide some exchange offer to those user having 500 Mb ram....but they still selling these phones..what the ????

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You can update to windows 10 using the windows insider app. You will get the threshold builds but not the redstone builds, however you'll still be on w10. I'm currently using the .218 release ring build on my 920 and it works very well..

Btw MS is offering users a chance to get a discount when they bring in their phones, but unfortunately yours is not on the list:

Microsoft will discount the Lumia 950 by $150 when you trade in a Lumia 920, 925, or 1020

codex56

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
When I tried to update using insider with slow update it didn't showed any update ...and now when I try to update using fast update it shows update pending..but I didn't have any updates..

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Since I recently went through those updates I can tell you what I did..

For the 920.. Developer unlocked the phone (bing/google it) > downloaded the preview for developers app > had to go through two updates to get the phone on denim > downloaded the windows insider app > selected release preview ring > think that I had one more mandatory update (configuration update I think) > then ultimately was able to download 10856.107 > spend a few hours and later .218 was downloaded and installed..

The upgrade path for my 635 was the same with just one hiccup. After getting on Denim I was unable to download the updates for w10 itself. Kept getting a 800.. sth error, so I removed the SD card, hard reset the phone and after I was back in (plus cancelling all downloads in the store), the phone started downloading the update and voila

Not sure if this helps you, but decided to share anyways

codex56

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Updated to windows 10 , but my hotspot not working fine...is there will be more updates through Insider or now I will not get updates..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos