Work for Microsoft

69Siko69

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys :smile: I hope you're well !

I'm French and I'm going to U.K in June in order to (hopefully) work for Microsoft !

So I would know if somebody here work (or have worked) for Microsoft ? I'm looking for people who would like to share with me their experience and advices about working for Microsoft !

Thank you for reading. I jope that some of you will answer me ! We can talk by Skype for example !

Bye :eek:rly:

(Sorry for my english, I think i've made some mistakes lol)

cracgor

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. I don't know if there are a large number of Microsoft employees on this forum. Most users seem to be "enthusiasts", particularly of the phone brand. With that said, hopefully there is someone around here to give you your needed information.

69Siko69

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello cracgor :)

Thank you for your answer ! Yeah, it seems that nobody works for Microsoft here :unhappysweat:

As we say, nothing ventured, nothing gained ! At least, I've tried ! But I hope somebody will help me :)

Thank again, bye

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello cracgor :)

Thank you for your answer ! Yeah, it seems that nobody works for Microsoft here :unhappysweat:

As we say, nothing ventured, nothing gained ! At least, I've tried ! But I hope somebody will help me :)

Thank again, bye

this is a fan based site, not directly connected with MS

And that's great you're trying for MS. Hope you get the job :)

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by 69Siko69
So I would know if somebody here work (or have worked) for Microsoft ? I'm looking for people who would like to share with me their experience and advices about working for Microsoft !
Thank you for reading. I jope that some of you will answer me ! We can talk by Skype for example !

I'm an 'ex, of quite a few years (both in and since), but things have changed, a LOT. I went back a few years ago, did a tech PM stint (instead of dev), which was fun, but the landscape was hard to adjust to, for me.

As a h/w and s/w boundary type guy, I used to work with quite a few subs, and I can tell you from my experience anyway, that not much is run the same as corporate, or at least on the surface. The one common thing was bright and mostly good people though, I would say keeping that in mind is probably the most important thing, IMHO.
It's sometimes hard for me to read these forums, particularly when I've been on both sides of the fence (yeah, I'm a little frustrated with where my 950XL is at right now, but 318 is better, and I'm considering installing Redstone on an old 920 and doing some continuum "fooling around"). Back in my early days, we watched a lot of the user stuff, talked to a lot more users, and were much more "in-tune" (yeah, like Win 3.1, WinNT and thereabouts) with the users. I started my work in a stint helping vendors write display device-drivers, so I had almost 1.5 years doing dev-support too, which was good to reflect on.
I spend more time having fun in the carrier forums, beating up on the techs there, I hate it when they mis-inform about features and the like, particularly because my carrier is really bad about this right now...

I'd be happy to reply to a PM or something, and discuss basic stuff, but I doubt much would really apply to where you're headed...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234