05-11-2016 05:43 PM
35 12
tools
    Does it have triple SIM ??.. dual SIMs is just so 2015 :-)
    Ha ha ha
    It's actually an octasim phone for those times when seven sims just isn't enough. :D
    Guytronic, Laura Knotek and raycpl like this.
    05-10-2016 08:26 PM
    You did that on porpoise just like I would have done :)
    I did, indeed. ;D
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-10-2016 08:27 PM
    Ha ha ha
    It's actually an octasim phone for those times when seven sims just isn't enough. :D
    maxresdefault.jpg
    05-10-2016 08:47 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	126142
    That's hilarious!
    Now, I know why MS is moving to 8 sims. Seven sims are deadly!
    05-10-2016 08:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	126142
    haha.. absolutely make my day
    Laura Knotek and Guytronic like this.
    05-10-2016 10:19 PM
    I guess you guys would rather look like a knob and carry 2 phones all the time? Dual sim is great. I have a work line and a personal line. ONE PHONE. Or am I not getting something?
    05-11-2016 04:11 AM
    I guess you guys would rather look like a knob and carry 2 phones all the time? Dual sim is great. I have a work line and a personal line. ONE PHONE. Or am I not getting something?
    No need for name calling here. Ha ha
    I have two dual sim phones. No problem with the idea of having two sims. It's a great idea, and serves a great purpose for this people who need two phones.

Most people who have commented on this thread so far have known each other for a year or more, and have similar senses of humor. We just got carried away with a with a joke. It's all Guytronic's fault. :D
    05-11-2016 05:00 AM
    Ha ha ha! not calling names. more of a generalization.....ha ha.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2016 06:45 AM
    Incorrect. Rotten said those words at the end of the last show (not after one song) they ever played as a band, at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco (not Texas), January 1978. It's pretty much a key moment in Sex Pistols history. Curious as to where this version of the story came from, because that's not how it happened. Footage from that show, as seen in the doc "The Filth and the Fury", proves this.
    I knew someone would correct this for me, thanks. Sounds like this may be another 'no one should ever need more than 640K' myth.

Thanks for all the replies; I guess the thing that burns me the most about MSFT isn't that they innovate, it's that they innovate by building on the backs of their existing customers. It's one thing to add new or improved features and functions, it's another to erase the drawing board and re-invent the wheel every time you want to innovate, leaving your existing userbase in the dust.

EDIT: This "retrenching" things irks me as well, it seems to fly in the face of logic. Is there any precedent at all of a business succeeding in a market by (even temporarily) pulling out of said market? If nothing else, customer confidence is shot.
    05-11-2016 10:41 AM
    I knew someone would correct this for me, thanks. Sounds like this may be another 'no one should ever need more than 640K' myth.

Thanks for all the replies; I guess the thing that burns me the most about MSFT isn't that they innovate, it's that they innovate by building on the backs of their existing customers. It's one thing to add new or improved features and functions, it's another to erase the drawing board and re-invent the wheel every time you want to innovate, leaving your existing userbase in the dust.

EDIT: This "retrenching" things irks me as well, it seems to fly in the face of logic. Is there any precedent at all of a business succeeding in a market by (even temporarily) pulling out of said market? If nothing else, customer confidence is shot.
    Aha, no worries! I can't help but be anal about it. 70's/80's punk was my bread and butter growing up and I obsessed on the Pistols especially. Hell I walked around looking like Sid Vicious all through high school. Also, FWIW, Rotten was not talking about himself or the band's attempts to actually be a band; mostly they really were trying. He was more referencing McLaren's interest more in making money and being fashionable and using them to that purpose. But I getcha.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-2016 05:43 PM
35 12