MSFT Pulled a Johnny Rotten (Again)

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I am 90 percent happy with my 1020 on w10 242 as well.....but I need a dual sim phone for work. Hence...the 950 xl is the phone to get. And its one of the few that does LTE on both sims.

And the camera on the 950XL has a really, really good camera.

Update: I have been made aware of the fact that my comment above contains an error, but I'm leaving it in there for Guytronic. ;)

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The camera has another camera in there?
:winktongue:

Sowwy...bad joke... :(

Yes. My 950XL's camera has another camera within. All of the new Android dual camera setups are copying my XL's design. Also, my 950XL has a 950 inside of it. I'm testing out a new dual phone design for MS. I'm on the Insider Insider program. ;) ha ha

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess you guys would rather look like a knob and carry 2 phones all the time? Dual sim is great. I have a work line and a personal line. ONE PHONE. Or am I not getting something?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I guess you guys would rather look like a knob and carry 2 phones all the time? Dual sim is great. I have a work line and a personal line. ONE PHONE. Or am I not getting something?

No need for name calling here. Ha ha
I have two dual sim phones. No problem with the idea of having two sims. It's a great idea, and serves a great purpose for this people who need two phones.

Most people who have commented on this thread so far have known each other for a year or more, and have similar senses of humor. We just got carried away with a with a joke. It's all Guytronic's fault. :D

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Incorrect. Rotten said those words at the end of the last show (not after one song) they ever played as a band, at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco (not Texas), January 1978. It's pretty much a key moment in Sex Pistols history. Curious as to where this version of the story came from, because that's not how it happened. Footage from that show, as seen in the doc "The Filth and the Fury", proves this.

I knew someone would correct this for me, thanks. Sounds like this may be another 'no one should ever need more than 640K' myth.

Thanks for all the replies; I guess the thing that burns me the most about MSFT isn't that they innovate, it's that they innovate by building on the backs of their existing customers. It's one thing to add new or improved features and functions, it's another to erase the drawing board and re-invent the wheel every time you want to innovate, leaving your existing userbase in the dust.

EDIT: This "retrenching" things irks me as well, it seems to fly in the face of logic. Is there any precedent at all of a business succeeding in a market by (even temporarily) pulling out of said market? If nothing else, customer confidence is shot.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I knew someone would correct this for me, thanks. Sounds like this may be another 'no one should ever need more than 640K' myth.

Thanks for all the replies; I guess the thing that burns me the most about MSFT isn't that they innovate, it's that they innovate by building on the backs of their existing customers. It's one thing to add new or improved features and functions, it's another to erase the drawing board and re-invent the wheel every time you want to innovate, leaving your existing userbase in the dust.

EDIT: This "retrenching" things irks me as well, it seems to fly in the face of logic. Is there any precedent at all of a business succeeding in a market by (even temporarily) pulling out of said market? If nothing else, customer confidence is shot.

Aha, no worries! I can't help but be anal about it. 70's/80's punk was my bread and butter growing up and I obsessed on the Pistols especially. Hell I walked around looking like Sid Vicious all through high school. Also, FWIW, Rotten was not talking about himself or the band's attempts to actually be a band; mostly they really were trying. He was more referencing McLaren's interest more in making money and being fashionable and using them to that purpose. But I getcha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12