My daughters wedding (And how tech helped)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Just got back to London From Calke Abbey in Derbyshire (UK) from my eldest daughters wedding (And it all went well and we had a fantastic weekend).

I had written my speech as Father of the bride on my desktop PC and saved it in OneDrive.

I took my Surface Pro 3 and the idea was to polish the speech up and then make some cards with bullet points and not actually read the speech as I knew it (Well I had written it).

On the Friday my wife had borrowed a pen from me, then on the Saturday (Day of wedding) after my wife had left, me and my lad had an hour or so to polish the speech and do the cards. As you can guess, no pen could be found, and to be honest I had forgotten paper or cards anyway.

So I sent my lad to the local shop in the village of Ticknall only to discover they do not do any stationary.

PANIC TIME.

I did something half way between bullet points and amended speech and saved it from OneDrive to the Surface, I then made the font large enough to be seen from the table without having to pick it up.

I admit I choked up bit and managed to get almost the whole wedding party in tears but still managed to get a large cheer when I sat down, I then noticed that the bride, her sister, my wife and many others disappeared out of the hall to stop crying ;-)

Well done OneDrive (The new app especially) and the Surface Pro for working when all else failed.

Last edited:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your daughter's wedding! It's nice and refreshing to hear that technology solved a problem at the last minute, as opposed to being the cause of said panic. :smile:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations on the marriage! It sounds like it was a great time.

I present from my Surface Pro 3 all the time. Business meetings, sermons, classes, etc... It's great!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon