Top Gear new format Evans LeBlanc hate it or love it?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have to say that it was the worst episode I have ever watched! I only watched a half hour of it and turned over. Matt wasn't too bad but Chris Evans was shocking (like im not surprised).

Out of 10 id give it 1 because they have Sabine Schmidt the queen of the N?rburgring!! She is some driver!!

?ire

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Haven't seen any of the new format frankly. Then again, I never watched Top Gear regularly when we had *them* at the helm.

Although I'd watch a show hosted by Joey and Captain America. (I know its not that Chris Evans)

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Haven't seen any of the new format frankly. Then again, I never watched Top Gear regularly when we had *them* at the helm.

Although I'd watch a show hosted by Joey and Captain America. (I know its not that Chris Evans)

Ha ha ha omg how good would that be and Ironman is the stig lol or in Top Gears case it would be Deadpool lol.

I miss Jeremy Clarkson I had no issue with him at all. The BBC made him look like a horrible person. Like they couild of edited him in a way that made him look better, but alas they made him a "bad" person.

Amazon show looks amazing the Grand Tour coming this fall / autumn!!

:)

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Chris Evans annoys a lot of people here in the UK, he is a turn off for many people in any tv or radio program he is involved with.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Second episode was better than the first (which was expected).

I like it. I don't really care what the papers tell me to think; I have a Windows Phone, I'm capable of free thought.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Second episode was better than the first (which was expected).

I like it. I don't really care what the papers tell me to think; I have a Windows Phone, I'm capable of free thought.

Pete its nothing to do with being told what to do. Its about this show being made into an entertainment show and a chance for evans to get an even bigger head. Its no longer a car show its gone like the late late show or Alan Carr chatty man with a very light sprinkle of cars. Its like the joke how many celebs can u fit into a top gear show when in fact its supposed to be how many insane cars can u fit into a top gear show. True petrol heads everywhere would agree. If you watch for entertainment then your right at home me personally I like to watch for the cars. Evans is far too shouty and the audience laughter is all fake.

Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond is only half of what made Top Gear great and its no more!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Chris Evans annoys a lot of people here in the UK, he is a turn off for many people in any tv or radio program he is involved with.

Ha ha and he only part owns his car collection too. Made that slip up on TFI Friday when he interviewed Louis Hamilton. Louis said that if Chris sold his car collection he could buy the Formula One organisation and to which he replied "its not as simple as that" and his face went pale as if to suggest he had made a slip up. He fumbled for a bit to recover. He forgot he was on tv.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pete its nothing to do with being told what to do.

It really doesn't matter. TG is one of those shows that people will complain about, it doesn't really matter who fronts it, who backs it, or what happens on screen, people will complain.

Even if the show changes and becomes what you personally like, there's going to be a large group of people who will complain about it.

The popular press just wants to hound it into the ground, no matter how the show is formatted. They'll complain about it while it's running and then howl "failure" if it's cancelled and then find someone to blame for it all (of course, the popular press are never responsible for swaying public opinion in any way).

As always, controversy is what sells papers and what feeds click-baiting onto advertisement-filled web-pages. The more popular something is, the more revenue that sensationalist articles can attract.

The bake-off is safe because no one's going to slate Mary Berry.

Yes, you have your own opinion regarding TG, and I have mine.

If you don't like it, then no one is forcing you to watch it. Same goes for most things.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It really doesn't matter. TG is one of those shows that people will complain about, it doesn't really matter who fronts it, who backs it, or what happens on screen, people will complain.

Even if the show changes and becomes what you personally like, there's going to be a large group of people who will complain about it.

The popular press just wants to hound it into the ground, no matter how the show is formatted. They'll complain about it while it's running and then howl "failure" if it's cancelled and then find someone to blame for it all (of course, the popular press are never responsible for swaying public opinion in any way).

As always, controversy is what sells papers and what feeds click-baiting onto advertisement-filled web-pages. The more popular something is, the more revenue that sensationalist articles can attract.

The bake-off is safe because no one's going to slate Mary Berry.

Yes, you have your own opinion regarding TG, and I have mine.

If you don't like it, then no one is forcing you to watch it. Same goes for most things.

That's why I watch bake off as I cant stand Chris evans so ill be watching repeats in channel Dave and wait for the grand tour so have fun watching your non car related "motoring show".

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Less Evans show by show and I think they are gradually building up the exposure and profile of the TGX guys to be able to front the next series.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Less Evans show by show and I think they are gradually building up the exposure and profile of the TGX guys to be able to front the next series.

Very interesting! Id maybe watch if evans wasn't the front man. I just cannot stand him. At least we have The Grand Tour in the Autumn.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa