Creating an iOS + Android app for my community!

Markjacklin

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I am thinking about having an iOS iPhone, iPad, and Android app for my community. I have had some requests from users because they think it will be easier to talk to the other members, ask questions and view various content I create.

Does anyone have their own iOS and Android app for their community?

Markjacklin

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Well I started researching on my own then. I made a lot of research in finding a native iPhone, iPad and Android app platform that had real time functionality.

I used several app builders but they were pretty much just duplicating my website content which is nothing new and I truly did not like the look and feel and the "mess" of text in there how they try and only import your social content.

I had several points which are important to me.
1 - First I needed my own app with real time chat and private messaging including the ability to send push notifications that can be downloaded from the app stores by my users and seen in mobile (all versions) so I narrowed down the search for chat room app solutions..
2 - I needed a design to include my images, I needed my background to be black or transparent and completely white label with my logo.
3 - I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a complete cloud chat service.
4 - Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos, have users private message me, and have my own app account system.
I have checked several app builders and only 1 met my needs, Chatwing.
I choose Chatwing finally as it has real time messaging built in and can be custom branded as my own app plus can be integrated into my web page.

Reckhenge

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
just tested the chatwing app builder and can confirm the app wizard available makes it straightforward to create an app. nice feature, the app supports Google admob ads so you can display banner ads and make money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills