Hi to ya'll wanna know if i'm doing it right.

I have a dog and 2 cats that I'm home with all day long, as I am disabled and I do work online.
    My dog Sky is a yapper. He barks all the time and when he barks it makes the other 2 bark!! This is an everyday all day thing!! I have been wanted to buy a shock collar for the longest time but my fianc was worried that he wouldn't be able to adjust the shock and it would hurt Dexter. I do understand that. I love my dogs and don't want to hurt them either.
    Then I saw this No Bark Collar at Best Bark Collar for Small Dogs 2016 | Happy Pets Now . Can you give some advice?
    Last edited by Ashe541; 08-26-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    08-25-2016 03:58 PM
    Hi there. I'm fortunate to have adopted a dog that doesn't bark for no apparent reason. But nevertheless, I feel that shock collars are cruel. Managing barking and training is not easy or quick and could be harder with your disability, but ultimately it's way better. Here are some resources. http://www.dogcareclassroom.com/stop-dog-barking/
    08-25-2016 04:42 PM
    My advice of a good (which have both sensors) collar, that warn and use a low static at the beginning.

Please take in consideration the following:
    - If you intend to use a anti bark collar, please choose one with sound and vibration sensor.
    Imagine the collar is activated only by sound and only one dog have the collar... and another bark...the collar will be activated...and the dog will be punished without a reason.
    - They learn fairly quickly that they cannot bark without a reason...the good collars give a warning (beep), and only if the dog continues barking, it will receive an electro-static correction (it's not a big deal...trust me...it's a low power discharge). if the dog continue, the level will rise... (I don't believe the dog will continue barking).
    - After two or 3 times..they learn the fact when they receive the beep...and continue..they will be corrected with static.

I had the same problem with one of my dogs (I have two)...it took 2 days to learn...and now when they get crazy, I just need to show them the collar...or put it on them, without even turn it ON.
    It was my last resort... because she started to bark when I was on the phone with customers...

my advice is this one. Totally automatic....
    Elite Little Dog Static Bark Collar by PetSafe - PBC00-12726

Good luck.
    08-25-2016 04:46 PM
    Thanks a lot for the feedback.
    Exup likes this.
    08-26-2016 04:13 AM
    Before resorting to a bark collar you do need to consider WHY the dog is barking- if the dog is barking due to lack of exercise or because he's chained up in the backyard or he has separation anxiety, try fixing the actual problem instead. No-bark collars are incredibly cruel if used to "cover up" the fact the dog lives in intolerable circumstances.

If the dog's lifestyle is corrected, and the dog continues to bark unacceptably, then a no-bark collar is probably your next best option.

here are some reviews and selection of GOOD brands. You don't want to buy a cheap brand that may malfunction. All of the ones sold by this company are reputable:

https://dogcollarreviews.com

I've used the dogtra YS500 No Bark Collar myself with good success.
    universalfield likes this.
    04-07-2018 01:15 PM