What's the worst punishment your phone has taken and survived?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Some years back, my brother and his schoolmates decided on a weird competition, to see whose phone could be thrown the furthest and still survive. Needless to say, my brothers phone survived a 3 storey fall to hard earth - it was some old ZTE basic phone.

So what's the worst punishment that your phone went through and survived?

It has to be a smartphone, and by surviving I mean you can still make calls and send sms using it

Thank you and lets get sharing :cool:

Johan Ruda

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
A few years ago I meant to kill a mosquito, flapped around with my arms a bit too much and my poor iPhone 4 fell to the ground. The glass broke on both sides...

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was running to catch a bus up a rather large escalator - got to the top and my 1020 slipped out of my hand fell down at least 2 meters then procedded to tumble down the escalator (so happy no one was near). I ran down the down escalator picked up the phone and there was not a single scratch!!

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Nothing really serious aside from dropping phones on the sidewalk and the most damage that was done was some scrapes on the body.

I once knocked my 920 into a sink full of soapy water while washing dishes. Quickly turned it off, took the housing off and ran a hair dryer on the insides to dry it out. Worked without any major issues about 20 minutes later. I think it messed up the headphone jack though which I had to replace, and I couldn't sell my phone back to MS because of water damage.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I was running to catch a bus up a rather large escalator - got to the top and my 1020 slipped out of my hand fell down at least 2 meters then procedded to tumble down the escalator (so happy no one was near). I ran down the down escalator picked up the phone and there was not a single scratch!!

I've never had my phone fall down any time which is lucky for me, but I can rest a little easier knowing the 1020 is very durable

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss