I'm sure some of you have read the recent news that Apple is facing demands from EU for payment of taxes not paid over a number of years.
    Another report from BBC indicates that quite a few companies like Amazon or Starbucks pay very little tax : Business - BBC News

So when large corporations pay little to 0 tax to that country, is the country really benefiting from them being in the country? If Netherlands can allow Starbucks to operate without paying some taxes while local companies have to pay all taxes, would that be fair?

I for one wouldn't like a company outside my country to come in and sell the same items local companies sell and yet pay less tax. That would be unfair for local companies, especially the small and medium enterprises

I haven't researched a lot on this topic but you're welcome to share your views on this.
    09-03-2016 06:40 AM