Early in the morning of 23rd September , a Samsung note 2 caught fire on the Singapore - Chennai Indigo Airlines flight just as it was about to land. The device was kept on the overhead bin , The crew noticed smoke from the bin and found the device was emitting smoke after possibly catching fire. They used fire extinguisher to eliminate any chance of possible fire in-flight.

The DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation India) has quickly responded to this and has advised flyers to exercise caution while flying with Samsung Note devices.
    A reply from Samsung is still awaited. here is the actual device in the video:

We were already aware of note 7 getting lit randomly because of some manufacturing defect, and has hugely affected Samsung with the recalls and here comes another news of a Samsung note catching fire. Its Samsung all over the news once again . :D
    ven07 likes this.
    09-23-2016 07:28 AM
    I think this is unfortunate. I'm not sure if this has become more common or if it has become more reported.
    Guytronic and ven07 like this.
    09-24-2016 08:56 PM
    The reason being this reported as the incident took place on a flight and we know how much damage this could have done if it would have been left unattended or unnoticed.
    09-24-2016 11:51 PM
    09-24-2016 11:52 PM
    Perhaps this would have simply been a non-newsworthy item if Samsung weren't suffering the Note 7 debacle.
    I'm sure media sources are scouring the globe at present looking to grind Samsung into the ground with any past or present burning phone stories.
    09-24-2016 11:58 PM
    Okay, why are you happy?
    Honestly, i dont remember why? maybe because its a rival to windows phone. =D
    09-25-2016 12:23 AM
    Wouldnt it have been interesting if MS had their **** together and was ready to release a Surface phone, a major feature of which might be OS level ink support. Win 10 Mobile doesnt do a good job with that right now, but Win 10 does, and we keep hearing it is the same code base. How hard could it be to click the eraser on my pen and have a sticky note pop up on my phone that has the same capabilities as the one on my Surface?

Id imagine a lot of Note buyers do so because of the stylus feature. MS has been doing pens/stylii for a long time. Too bad they didnt carry it on when transitioning from PPC through phones. Too bad OneNote Mobile still doesnt support ink on Win 10 Mobile, while it does on iOS and Android.

There have been even more 'good' Note 7s bursting into flame, just laying on a table, and the major US carriers have said bring them in. AT&T says we'll give you something else. When a Note user brings one in and says, 'what else you got with ink support?', too bad the sales guy can't say, 'take a look at this Surface Phone.'
    Joe920 likes this.
    10-09-2016 03:51 PM
    The comments on the articles about the recent events are out of control!
    10-09-2016 06:38 PM