How did your phone get stolen?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
My lumia 1020 was stolen this year in June and I haven't recovered it yet. The way it was stolen was through trickery and I fell for it because that was a new scheme thieves started using, one I hadn't heard of before

If you've ever had your phone stolen (sorry about that), can you share the details on how it happened? So we know what to look out for?

The story can be anything, as crazy as possible but it has to be real and detailed.

I'll share mine below once I've got some diagrams ready

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't have much of a story, because I don't know how to explain it... Sadly. Well I do but not as much detail as I would like it to be.

It was 3 years ago, a week or so before Christmas, I was in school, specifically Spanish class getting my work done, the bell had rung to dismiss everyone, I was rushing to pack everything into my book bag. After packing my book bag, I swore that I & the teacher were the only people left in the class, I put my phone on the desk for literally 5 seconds... or less to hand in a paper... my desk was right next to the teachers desk. I turn back around to find my book bag on the desk, where I left it but my phone was missing from the top right corner of the desk. I said to myself, "OK maybe I threw it in my bag by accident with all of my other stuff", I digged in it and couldn't find it. I start panicking. The teacher asked for my number so she could call it, but... Sadly I was panicking, and I couldn't remember the number at that moment. 4 hours later, I had remembered the phone number, I and had written down the IMEI a few days before. I used my PC to go on Android Device Manager and located the phone, and spammed the ring function so it would constantly make a siren noise. I went to their house, argued a little, and I got my phone back. They switched classes the next day or so. Like I said previously, I SWORE nobody else was in the class when I still had my phone... except the teacher.

Quick little life story, ☺

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have much of a story, because I don't know how to explain it... Sadly. Well I do but not as much detail as I would like it to be.

It was 3 years ago, a week or so before Christmas, I was in school, specifically Spanish class getting my work done, the bell had rung to dismiss everyone, I was rushing to pack everything into my book bag. After packing my book bag, I swore that I & the teacher were the only people left in the class, I put my phone on the desk for literally 5 seconds... or less to hand in a paper... my desk was right next to the teachers desk. I turn back around to find my book bag on the desk, where I left it but my phone was missing from the top right corner of the desk. I said to myself, "OK maybe I threw it in my bag by accident with all of my other stuff", I digged in it and couldn't find it. I start panicking. The teacher asked for my number so she could call it, but... Sadly I was panicking, and I couldn't remember the number at that moment. 4 hours later, I had remembered the phone number, I and had written down the IMEI a few days before. I used my PC to go on Android Device Manager and located the phone, and spammed the ring function so it would constantly make a siren noise. I went to their house, argued a little, and I got my phone back. They switched classes the next day or so. Like I said previously, I SWORE nobody else was in the class when I still had my phone... except the teacher.

Quick little life story, ☺

At least you got it back, I'm still hoping to get mine back :crying:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs