Recommend headphones please

winplusR

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi!

Maybe a bit off topic but I need recommendations for noise canceling over-ear headphones for traveling. I'm not quite a minimalist, but I do believe in "fewer, nicer things," so I want something that will last. I'm considering the famous $300 Bose headphones, but after consulting with Headphones Unboxed it seems like I might be perfectly happy with a budget pick.

These are mostly to for plane travel. I get weirdly distraught by airplane noise on long haul flights.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
When I travel, especially on airplanes, I keep my grab bag light. I carry earbud or earphones. Get ones that have decent isolation. Sure you can do with noise cancelling. But I found earbuds with gel or foam tips work really well.

Anything $50 and up should be relatively decent with good sound. Wired earbuds are nice because they require no batteries nor charging. Bluetooth wireless ones are nice because no wires but you have to charge. Some earbuds last 5hr or more. So choose which features that are most important to you.

I prefer wired due to not have to charge. Especially on those long trips. But if you exercise and want to use them, then maybe get the wireless ones.

Shure makes some good wired earbuds and very comfortable and can be worn for long period. I had ones with foam tips until the dog ate them.

I then got a wireless earbud set from Monster with gel tips. I bought foam tips for them. The trick with foam tips is you squeeze them so they loosely fit into your ear canal. Then they quickly expand and conform to your ear and seals out the ambient noise. It may not be a perfect seal, but good enough for me because the music will drown out everything anyways.

I never understood the big deal about noise cancellation. I turn the volume up to maybe 20% and I cant hear anything outside.

GL with your search.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire