Does anyone else think it might be rude?

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi ! The title of my thread may not be appropriate. It it's not; I will understand if it is deleted! I've a old windy southern Okie. I'm 78 years old and I was aways thought to be thankful for what I had, and to always say thank you to those that try to help me. I have only been on this forum a short time and I'm really enjoying learning new things and sharing things I have learned from others and can still remember.:smile: I have made 298 posts here. Most of them on "Ask A Question"
I hope I have given the OP a decent answer to their issue. I have tried my best to come up with a solution for their issue. I have received 100 Likes. That's a good feeling. Here's my gripe. Almost all of those likes came from members and staff here on the forum. I just searched my posts and only a handful of people asking for help on the "Ask A Question" have responded to the solutions I posted. I have invited all of them to join the forum. No way of knowing how many joined.
I going to keep trying to help these people even though they don't reply; but if they read this thread, I would just like to say my Mother taught me to be courteous and how to say "Thank You". Us old southern boys in Oklahoma call it rude, when you think the world owes you every thing and you never take time to say thanks!
I'm thinking its a generation gap. I'm going to take the time to say "Thank you Windows Central for this great forum, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this". "Thank you staff that keep this forum running". I hope I can continue to be a member here and help with the things I know alittle about. I think I know W10 fairly well and that's where I'll try to help. These are my thoughts at the moment.
PS I know I'm windy. That's my nick name:shocked:

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Well alrighty then!

Since we're off topic...
I'll be watching the Dodgers lose to the Cubs here in a few minutes.
Might drink one or 2 Bud Lights during.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I understand your point but you can't live your online life by the upvote/like/thanks/recommend. I always watch my Ps & Qs but many people don't. I would say it is in part a generational thing. If you want to help people that's great, but I wouldn't do it with the expectation of gratitude.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
but you can't live your online life by the upvote/like/thanks/recommend.

That's very true.

When we had those signatures a number of folks would beg thanks from anyone who thought their reply helped.
I think consistent positive participation on-line drives ones reputation among the user base which may be the best road in.

Each forum is different this one is generally kinder and less scary than other places on the web.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol...
Expect the worst and hope for the best...

Cubs have had a hell of a season!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Lol...
Expect the worst and hope for the best...

Cubs have had a hell of a season!

I need them to win. Internally crying for my Nats loss a week ago :( I quit the World Series if this is somehow not the result!

That aside, don't take it too personal on the lack of replies.

Sent from mTalk

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! The title of my thread may not be appropriate. It it's not; I will understand if it is deleted! I've a old windy southern Okie. I'm 78 years old and I was aways thought to be thankful for what I had, and to always say thank you to those that try to help me. I have only been on this forum a short time and I'm really enjoying learning new things and sharing things I have learned from others and can still remember.:smile: I have made 298 posts here. Most of them on "Ask A Question"
I hope I have given the OP a decent answer to their issue. I have tried my best to come up with a solution for their issue. I have received 100 Likes. That's a good feeling. Here's my gripe. Almost all of those likes came from members and staff here on the forum. I just searched my posts and only a handful of people asking for help on the "Ask A Question" have responded to the solutions I posted. I have invited all of them to join the forum. No way of knowing how many joined.
I going to keep trying to help these people even though they don't reply; but if they read this thread, I would just like to say my Mother taught me to be courteous and how to say "Thank You". Us old southern boys in Oklahoma call it rude, when you think the world owes you every thing and you never take time to say thanks!
I'm thinking its a generation gap. I'm going to take the time to say "Thank you Windows Central for this great forum, and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this". "Thank you staff that keep this forum running". I hope I can continue to be a member here and help with the things I know alittle about. I think I know W10 fairly well and that's where I'll try to help. These are my thoughts at the moment.
PS I know I'm windy. That's my nick name:shocked:

Hmm I feel you Holdum maybe I'm 78 (I'm 22 actually)too since I think that way as well.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (LG V10 or Nexus 5x)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I imagine a lot of AaQ people are people who are here just to solve an issue and once they get it solved they leave and may not be aware of the like button and other features. Can't keep those around if they don't care. Not unlike those anonymous questions, I know I'm lazy when it comes to signing up for a site, I know many will just move on too.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm spoiled! I live in a retirement village where I help seniors with their printers and computers. I do it for free. I get lots of hugs and peach cobblers and smiles and thank you's! I'm probably taking this too serious, but how long does it take to say "Thank You." Maybe my one post solved the OP's issue and the OP doesn't need to respond and they just go on their merry way. No need to say thank you. Not the way my Mother taught this old country boy.
Good posts! Thank you! Go Cubs!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Secretly holding out for the Dodgers...

If the Cubs go in I'm all for that though.
My nephew works for Cleveland as a scout so if they win it should put a few bonus bucks in his pocket.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I have been living in Oklahoma sense the USAF sent me out here in 1958, except when I spent 18 months in Okinawa. I was born in Illinois. There is no noise in Illinois. LMAO
The Cubies won't win because of the goat hoax. You who are true Cubs fans know about this. Those of you who don't know about the hoax, here you go!
Good night see you all tomorrow. Thanks for making this a fun thread!:wink:
Top 15 Reasons Why The Chicago Cubs Won't Break The Curse In 2016 - TheSportster

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I have been living in Oklahoma sense the USAF sent me out here in 1958, except when I spent 18 months in Okinawa. I was born in Illinois. There is no noise in Illinois. LMAO
The Cubies won't win because of the goat hoax. You who are true Cubs fans know about this. Those of you who don't know about the hoax, here you go!
Good night see you all tomorrow. Thanks for making this a fun thread!:wink:
Top 15 Reasons Why The Chicago Cubs Won't Break The Curse In 2016 - TheSportster

I'm a temporary Cubs fan, not a real one. I'm just always team underdog. I loved the story of the Royals.

I say a Cubs Indians match up will be a good series...

My vote is for Cleveland.

What will be will be.

Yeah, I think it will be too since it's been a long while for both. Maybe we can get a repeat story of the Royals.

Last edited:

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can understand not hitting the 'Like' button, but if I ask someone a question to a problem and they respond with a solution they'll get a thank you in writing. Same as helping someone in person. Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet sometimes reduces even the humble.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Not sure I can capture this, but going to give it a shot!:wink: Some times you have to use a little finesse to get these things to post.(Not my first rodeo):wink: I think I need to quit my griping. This is showing I'm #2 on top posters and # 1 on top linked. What more could a old country boy from Oklahoma ask for on a great forum like Windows Central:eek:rly::wink: I'm going to do better in the future! I hope I'm not bragging. I'm just saying "Thank You" I'm in good company and with some sharp people! I'm felling very special tonight! "Thank You"

abhishek singh21
holdum333
RumoredNow
Summer_Moon
aximtreo
PachecoCorporationCeo

holdum333
aximtreo
RumoredNow
libra89
Scienceguy Labs
Werentuckl