Why products are not working when out-of-warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I often experience that many of my gadgets are not worked after completing the warranty period.

-I've l535ds , after 1yr warranty, it's charging slot is not working properly,not even a single tower showed and also slowly charge my phone.

Do we call it Companies Marketing Strategies ??

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's called wear and tear. There's a lot of factors at play here.

Its easy to say that its a marketing strategy but if it really was, the company won't be around long.

On the contrary, I have numerous gadgets long past the warranty period that work fine. Yet things happen. ports wear out, chips die, luck happens. My spill resistant keyboard died from water a week or so ago, etc. Of course, things can be made cheaply and with just scooting past the warranty in mind but it varies.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi IMHO Nothing lasts like it use to. If things didn't wear out, our economy would go bust. It seems like things break just after the warranty is over. I live in a retirement village and help seniors with their PC's. I have found some really old computers with W98( May 15, 1998) still going strong. The seniors just play games on them. I doubt if my laptop is around that long.:wink:

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
In most of factors latest technology gadgets are going very sensitive day by day. Taking example of TV. CRT TV life span is at least 10 years after that, it Needs ICs replacement which increase it's life to 4-5 years more.

After that LCD tv comes out which are very lighter, less power and space consuming but if we talk about is life which is less than CRT T.V. / monitor .

Latest technology machinery is cheaper and sensitive as compare to it's predecessor.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention but yea, if they built everything to last theyd eventually go out of business. Its a matter of striking that balance.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I made this post because of my faulty LUMIA phone . And their customer services are very dull(unhappy faces) and non-transparency about what they are taking.

When i visited to MS care second time for speaker exchange of Lumia(in warranty period) then they didn't tell me about the defected charging chip(inbuilt chip).

After a year, i visited to ms care again to tell about slow charging problem then they instantly tell me about defected chip after having my Lumia in their hand.
Even told me to take charges for Hard Reset of my phone(wt# is that?).

Then a thought came into my mind to throw my phone to their face. 😐

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Apart.. I'm also annoying by the network problem and from 2 months.
Last weekend, I had been done the same. But still signal is NIL.

So, I visited to MS care today with preparation 😈, they advised me to replace new SIM and rollback to w8.1.

Even they didn't figure out the w8.1. They asked me to rollback to w8.1 from 10.but I already did that 😊.

And they also insert their SIM card to my Lumia but still not work.

He concluded that it's your phone's antenna fault which is also very strange for me because I didn't ever face this problem even with Nokia 1100 😊.

Clap for you MS 👍

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm frustrated with it! That's All ...

It's unfortunate but it seems that you got a defective unit.I too have a 535DS bought in January 2015 from Flipkart. Whatever problems I have faced are from bugs in the OS and in apps (which many others have also faced here on the forum) .
I am quite happy with the phone except for the fact that I don't have Panorama and zoom in Camera.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by Rinsun

It's unfortunate but it seems that you got a defective unit.I too have a 535DS bought in January 2015 from Flipkart. Whatever problems I have faced are from bugs in the OS and in apps (which many others have also faced here on the forum) .
I am quite happy with the phone except for the fact that I don't have Panorama and zoom in Camera.

Same here. But I bought it from local dealer.

have you ever faced NoSim Network(Antenna), slow charging problem ??

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Same here. But I bought it from local dealer.

have you ever faced NoSim Network(Antenna), slow charging problem ??

Sorry for the late reply.
Occasionally after resurfacing after a trip underground on Kolkata Metro I had to restart my phone to connect to data (Vodafone) but there was no problem with calls.Antenna would be normal but data would simply not work - no H/H+ after emerging from underground unless I restarted the phone.
Full charging on 8.1 would take 3.5 hours ,on Threshold 2 it would take 3 hours and after AU it takes 2.25 to 2.5 hours.I use the charger that came with the phone.With 10000 mAh power bank it gave slow charging notification after W10 upgrade ,so I do not use the power bank.
I had some screen sensitivity issue initially in Jan 2015 which gradually decreased except during charging while on 8.1 but improved considerably on Th 2 and is hardly there after AU.I do not have a tempered glass screen guard ,just a normal one.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply.

Full charging on 8.1 would take 3.5 hours ,on Threshold 2 it would take 3 hours and after AU it takes 2.25 to 2.5 hours.I use the charger that came with the phone.

I had some screen sensitivity issue initially in Jan 2015 which gradually decreased except during charging while on 8.1 but improved considerably on Th 2 and is hardly there after AU.I do not have a tempered glass screen guard ,just a normal one.

In A.U. my charging time increased to 5-6hrs~ to get 90%... I don't know whats up with my phone ..

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
In A.U. my charging time increased to 5-6hrs~ to get 90%... I don't know whats up with my phone ..

My son get's lots of slow charging notifications on his 630DS for the past one month.His phone is on the last build of Threshold 2 through Insider Release Preview.But most probably it is his charger which is at fault as his friends in his hostel would borrow it a lot for charging their phones and it got really overused throughout the day and night.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
My son get's lots of slow charging notifications on his 630DS for the past one month.His phone is on the last build of Threshold 2 through Insider Release Preview.But most probably it is his charger which is at fault as his friends in his hostel would borrow it a lot for charging their phones and it got really overused throughout the day and night.
My L535 made my cousin's L540 Nokia charger not-in-working condition. He has to buy another charger for his phone and asked me to not to give his charger again .

Perhaps.. 'Nokia: Connecting People, where Microsoft: Dis-connecting People[and their phone's part each other]'

But there is also Antenna Problem(No SIM CARD signal) problem which need to spend Rs.1k only for the Antenna at MICROSOFT CARE CENTER...

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
My L535 made my cousin's L540 Nokia charger not-in-working condition. He has to buy another charger for his phone and asked me to not to give his charger again .

Perhaps.. 'Nokia: Connecting People, where Microsoft: Dis-connecting People[and their phone's part each other]'

But there is also Antenna Problem(No SIM CARD signal) problem which need to spend Rs.1k only for the Antenna at MICROSOFT CARE CENTER...

Unfortunate for you that you are facing major problems.Have you given for repairs ? Really hope it works for you .
Please give an update when you get your phone back from Microsoft care centre.

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunate for you that you are facing major problems.Have you given for repairs ? Really hope it works for you .
Please give an update when you get your phone back from Microsoft care centre.

I still not give my mobile to them!
They advised me to use w8.1 rather than w10m for better battery backup.

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I still not give my mobile to them!
They advised me to use w8.1 rather than w10m for better battery backup.

Battery life is better for me after I did a WDRT and then upgrading to W10 without any hard reset (for non updating calendar and mail tile) in Aug or Sept this year.Since then my phone is running smoothly.
You could try a new compatible charger from MS and see whether it works .
How is the battery health of your phone ?

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Battery life is better for me after I did a WDRT and then upgrading to W10 without any hard reset (for non updating calendar and mail tile) in Aug or Sept this year.Since then my phone is running smoothly.

You could try a new compatible charger from MS and see whether it works .

How is the battery health of your phone ?
I did the same:- http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/444517-going-back-w8-1m-but-still-miss-w10.html. From WDRT to w10 without any Hard Reset.
While i visited MS CARE,they advised me to do Rollback from them(And told the WDRT version is 'Cracked' not the genuine one).

I took my L535 charger to them which is not faulty as they said. They Blame w10m which has been upgraded from w8.1.

My Battery health is 100% (via Battery X app).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss