Have you Voted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So ladies and gentlemen ready to roll to Canada, because it seems to be a shocking victory for President Trump.
I don't think it's shocking. Their were BS polls like Huffpost Pollster and many others, particularly in the mainstream press, predicting a 98% chance for Hillary to win. Those who didn't have their heads in the establishment bubble, on the left and the right, were far less certain however. Even 538, which throughout the primaries consistently (sometimes massively) erred in HRC's favor, only gave her a 65% chance to win the general. Most independent media also made predictions around there. A 35% chance to win isn't great, but it's certainly doable.

It would be interesting to learn where the difference between the polling and the actual election results comes from though.

Last edited:

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Went to bed practicing "Madam President" and woke up with the biggest shock in my adult life. Every situation needs a swift kick in the butt once in a while and boy did we get one.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Got to work this morning, and as our students are walking down the hall to class, one of my co-workers was out in the hall talking about how much fun they had at their "build a wall" tailgate party, last night. My school is 85% Hispanic, of which 90% are from Mexico. :( I asked them to move out of the hallway to talk about that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got to work this morning, and as our students are walking down the hall to class, one of my co-workers was out in the hall talking about how much fun they had at their "build a wall" tailgate party, last night. My school is 85% Hispanic, of which 90% are from Mexico. :( I asked them to move out of the hallway to talk about that.

Wow. You did the right thing.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Amazing how the the media, entertainment industry, democrats, republicans and all the political elites were against Trump and he beat them all.
Thank the Lord and American people for stemming the tide of liberal ideology.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Amazing how the the media, entertainment industry, democrats, republicans and all the political elites were against Trump and he beat them all.

You forgot the most important part! He groveled-for and spent only a little more than half of what HRC did and still won! That is quite amazing.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I wish I could take credit for coming up with it! :wink:

The map does show something very interesting though; the heavily populated areas tend to be Democratic, while rural areas are mostly Republican. Most states are primarily red on the map, even those who ended up blue.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
^ Hasn't it always been like that?

Even in the typically red states the urban centers (Dallas, Austin) are typically majority Democratic (if I remember correctly).

I think we can find pretty much the same thing in every other modern western country. Switzerland is almost too small to divide into rural and urban areas, but here we can find similar differences in opinion running very clearly along lines that reflect people's level of education, which I suspect is nearly the same thing. I think that's just the natural result of there being a lot fewer job opportunities for people with university and collage degrees out in the country side.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes I voted! Democrats need to get dirty and not be so dang nice! See if this works!:crying:

Attachments

• Mather!.jpg
    Mather!.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 7

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
The problem is who are the democrats? The last eight years was more an experiment in social reengineering left wing propaganda.

The working mans democrat is gone.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
The problem is who are the democrats? The last eight years was more an experiment in social reengineering left wing propaganda.

The working mans democrat is gone.
I agree ! And they have allowed a 5th grader to have their finger on the nuke trigger;and thinks if you're rich, you can grab women by their private parts. That should scare the Hell out of all you white men! It's going to be a long and scary 4 years. I hope we survive!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99