10-13-2018 11:33 AM
1,353 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    A good read about coffee.
    https://www.chemistryworld.com/secti...004537.article

I just discovered Seattle's Best brand of coffee. I'm in Arkansas, so I have no idea if it's really Seattle's best, but it's pretty tasty. ;D

Sent from mTalk
    06-28-2017 09:49 PM
    A good read about coffee.
    https://www.chemistryworld.com/secti...004537.article

I just discovered Seattle's Best brand of coffee. I'm in Arkansas, so I have no idea if it's really Seattle's best, but it's pretty tasty. ;D

Sent from mTalk
    We used to have Seattle's Best in Borders book stores before Borders went out of business. The coffee was good. I haven't seen it since Borders closed.
    06-28-2017 11:38 PM
    Couldn't resist. I missed this device and those fabulous speakers. If anybody's interested, the camera in the Idol has a ton of potential. Amazing what a little bit of effort in firmware can do.

Sent from my Surface 3 on mTalk
    06-29-2017 08:51 PM
    Couldn't resist. I missed this device and those fabulous speakers. If anybody's interested, the camera in the Idol has a ton of potential. Amazing what a little bit of effort in firmware can do.
    http://i.imgur.com/nqsNXsv.jpg

Nicee! Let us know how it goes for you.
    Guytronic, Laura Knotek and Elky64 like this.
    06-29-2017 09:33 PM
    http://i.imgur.com/nqsNXsv.jpg

Thought you tried the Windows version...
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-29-2017 09:36 PM
    So I remembered this adult joke and started thinking of ways to make it sound PG-13, but I saw Laura here so I decided I'm not ready to get kicked out of the Knotek fan club today...
    Guytronic, Laura Knotek and Elky64 like this.
    06-29-2017 09:38 PM
    Thought you tried the Windows version...
    I did. Now it's the BlackBerry 's turn. I'm not too optimistic about the battery life since it is an Android after all. We'll soon see.
    06-29-2017 09:40 PM
    I did. Now it's the BlackBerry 's turn. I'm not too optimistic about the battery life since it is an Android after all. We'll soon see.
    Gotcha. I almost considered one as the Bold 9700 and Storm 9550 were some of my favorites.
    06-29-2017 09:55 PM
    Update #1 - Ugh....It's only 9:30 and the battery's down to 86%. Dropping 14% in only 4 hours doesn't bode well for this. I can't say I'm surprised but the Idol was much better than this. Oh well, I have a rare 4 day weekend to mull over things. I'm starting to think the S8+'s insane battery life was a freak of nature rather than a new standard bearer for Android.
    06-30-2017 08:27 AM
    Update #1 - Ugh....It's only 9:30 and the battery's down to 86%. Dropping 14% in only 4 hours doesn't bode well for this. I can't say I'm surprised but the Idol was much better than this. Oh well, I have a rare 4 day weekend to mull over things. I'm starting to think the S8+'s insane battery life was a freak of nature rather than a new standard bearer for Android.
    8gb of RAM needed to operate "optimally" I always felt was a freak of nature...

Even though 6-8 gb of RAM in an android phone is mostly gimmick they actually do work better like that. Such a waste to need it that way on such a small footprint if you ask me.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-30-2017 08:34 AM

Yeah this weekend will be a great test for you.
    06-30-2017 08:35 AM
    @Laura Knotek, I saw on NBC last night, and CBS this morning, that they (forget who:() were going to start making vinyl records again...looks like, ONE: you started something! and, TWO: you may need to take on a second, or third, job to fund ALL the new goodies that will soon be available:)
    06-30-2017 09:21 AM
    @Laura Knotek, I saw on NBC last night, and CBS this morning, that they (forget who:() were going to start making vinyl records again...looks like, ONE: you started something! and, TWO: you may need to take on a second, or third, job to fund ALL the new goodies that will soon be available:)
    ... "its a Sony"

...!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-2017 10:03 AM
    "optimally"
    That is such a hard word to quantify. I'm having a devil of a time between this phone and the x3.

On the one hand, the DTEK is more manageable due to its footprint, the fingerprint scanner is decidedly faster and the BB apps work better, IMO, than on any other Android I've had - including the S8+. The speakers simply can't be beat. That's not hyperbole, it's a known commodity. If it wasn't for the uber-fast charging, it'd be a waste.

The x3 doesn't have the apps and that's not worth debating. The battery life is stellar and the camera is on par with the DTEK, but slightly better than the Idol 4S. Lost in all the noise of Windows vs. Android or Windows vs. iOS or Mayweather vs. McGregor is a subtle nuance that I had never noticed before. I'll use Outlook as an example for brevity. It doesn't feel like an app as much as Android or iPhone. Maybe it's the fonts or the colors or the depth of the display, but when using an Android or iPhone it "feels" like you're using an app made for a phone. I noticed it with Excel and OneDrive too. I had never gave it any thought because I'm on Windows 7 Pro on my slates. But now that I'm using the Surface more, it kind of sticks out. Am I making any sense or was that bottle of Jack too much?
    Laura Knotek, nate0 and libra89 like this.
    06-30-2017 07:44 PM
    K...my turn again :)

I'm cool now:
    img_20170630_130856.jpg

...and the reason I'm cool is because I bought this POS open box lens from Best Buys eBay store.
    Got it in 2 days...yet when I opened it up it this afternoon it was missing the hood ... Grrrrrrrrrr

So on the receipt it said any problems return to any BB for a full refund.
    I jumped into the car and motored over to the nearest store grumbling all the way.
    Zipped up to customer service quickly and the very nice people asked if I would like the refund in cash or a brand new unopened lens.

Took the lens so now I'm cool!
    06-30-2017 08:23 PM
    Although it’s not purchased yet, I do have my eye out on this cool looking gaming laptop, a Red iPhone 7 Plus (For me, haha), and an iPad Air for a upcoming birthday girl

Edited: I’ll try to post a picture of the laptop since you guy probably already know what a Red iPhone and an iPad Air looks like, lol.
    06-30-2017 08:25 PM
    That is such a hard word to quantify. I'm having a devil of a time between this phone and the x3.

On the one hand, the DTEK is more manageable due to its footprint, the fingerprint scanner is decidedly faster and the BB apps work better, IMO, than on any other Android I've had - including the S8+. The speakers simply can't be beat. That's not hyperbole, it's a known commodity. If it wasn't for the uber-fast charging, it'd be a waste.

The x3 doesn't have the apps and that's not worth debating. The battery life is stellar and the camera is on par with the DTEK, but slightly better than the Idol 4S. Lost in all the noise of Windows vs. Android or Windows vs. iOS or Mayweather vs. McGregor is a subtle nuance that I had never noticed before. I'll use Outlook as an example for brevity. It doesn't feel like an app as much as Android or iPhone. Maybe it's the fonts or the colors or the depth of the display, but when using an Android or iPhone it "feels" like you're using an app made for a phone. I noticed it with Excel and OneDrive too. I had never gave it any thought because I'm on Windows 7 Pro on my slates. But now that I'm using the Surface more, it kind of sticks out. Am I making any sense or was that bottle of Jack too much?
    Yes :)
    fatclue_98 and MSFTisMIA like this.
    06-30-2017 11:08 PM

Something in here would most likely be Guytronic's last purchase. 😂
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 07-03-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    07-03-2017 01:25 PM
    @Scienceguy Labs

Where is that?
    I want all of it!
    07-03-2017 01:30 PM
    It's a little shop in McKinney, TX. They might ship if you want me to get their info for you.
    Guytronic and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-03-2017 02:13 PM
    Greetings,
    Here's a photo taken with my L950 of the latest addition to Rubikahn Crossing:
    express.jpg
    nate0, Guytronic, mtf1380 and 6 others like this.
    07-05-2017 02:39 PM
    Greetings,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Express.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	764.8 KB 
ID:	136586
    Nice truck! Good luck with it.
    libra89, Guytronic and Rubidad like this.
    07-05-2017 09:16 PM
    Greetings,

Name:	Express.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	764.8 KB 
ID:	136586
    Sweet. Congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my Elite x3 on mTalk
    07-05-2017 10:52 PM
    Lord Jesus Christ, I'm incorrigible. Pixel XL - very nice camera, snappy as all get up and one-handed ease. Let's see how the battery plays. Obviously I've already BlackBerry-fied the launcher and Hub.

img_0009.jpg
    Guytronic, libra89, Elky64 and 4 others like this.
    07-07-2017 11:41 AM
    Lord Jesus Christ, I'm incorrigible. Pixel XL - very nice camera, snappy as all get up and one-handed ease. Let's see how the battery plays. Obviously I've already BlackBerry-fied the launcher and Hub.

Name:	IMG_0009.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	672.8 KB 
ID:	136616
    Whoa, congrats! I hope you enjoy it!
    07-07-2017 11:54 AM
1,353 ... 2728293031 ...