Post pictures of your latest purchase

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Personal experience tells me the 2 happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. But man, that ChrisCraft is one sweet launch.

May the wind be always at your back.

threezit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personal experience tells me the 2 happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys it and the day he sells it. But man, that ChrisCraft is one sweet launch.

May the wind be always at your back.
So very true! These old Woodies are a lot of work, but man are they pretty! I just enjoy being on it and having people gawk at it!

I'll probably end up putting a small fortune in it, but the time spent on it and the blood, sweat and tears will be worth it in the end. May not make any money on it but it's more about the experience and good times had during the process of ownership and maintenance.

He'll, I may just use it for a couple summers as is then part it out.....who knows.....lol

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Got this 1TB Seagate Slim+
(Comes with 200GB on OneDrive for 2yrs too)

FxeR8cs.jpg

... !!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Nice!
I was going to get one of those, I ended up with a 1TB WD My Passport instead (as a gift)

I do have two Passports too. We'll, it's just one working unit now as one died on me.
I cant access the files on the faulty Passport. Will be taking it to the shops and see if they can recover my collection of photos, music and spreadsheets...

... !!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do have two Passports too. We'll, it's just one working unit now as one died on me.
I cant access the files on the faulty Passport. Will be taking it to the shops and see if they can recover my collection of photos, music and spreadsheets...

... !!
Good luck! I hope you'll be able to get your data.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought an orange Nokia MD-12 portable wireless speaker for AUD$12.50 from eBay

I received the speaker a couple of weeks back. Here it is in bright orange (I think I'm supposed to remove the rubber ring):
OrbP246.jpg

Just two inputs - Audio In and micro USB for charging:
363LhNk.jpg

An abstract close-up of the speaker grill... for art:
Zxgj4Ec.jpg

The Nokia MD-12 has a built-in vibrating actuator inside the base. The quality of the sound and bass is determined by what surface the speaker is placed on. Daniel Rubino demonstrated this in his review. I have mine placed on wooden table and I can feel the bass reverberating through it.

Remember when Nokia/Microsoft made colourful products in 2014/15?
YvJIWS9.jpg

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I received the speaker a couple of weeks back. Here it is in bright orange (I think I'm supposed to remove the rubber ring):
http://i.imgur.com/OrbP246.jpg

Just two inputs - Audio In and micro USB for charging:
http://i.imgur.com/363LhNk.jpg

An abstract close-up of the speaker grill... for art:
http://i.imgur.com/Zxgj4Ec.jpg

The Nokia MD-12 has a built-in vibrating actuator inside the base. The quality of the sound and bass is determined by what surface the speaker is placed on. Daniel Rubino demonstrated this in his review. I have mine placed on wooden table and I can feel the bass reverberating through it.

Remember when Nokia/Microsoft made colourful products in 2014/15?
http://i.imgur.com/ZRXKSbN.jpg

I miss the colors a lot. It was the perfect way to identify a Lumia. Which phone is your main phone?

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I miss the colors a lot. It was the perfect way to identify a Lumia.
Yeah, me too. It's what made the Lumia range so attractive. No other manufacturer makes colourful phones anymore. It's all white, grey, black, gold and rose gold. No primary colours. Not even the official accessories. It's a sad landscape these days.

Which phone is your main phone?
640. The 735 is a back up/secondary and the 635 is a spare.

The Lumia 640 and 735 are fairly even: where one falters the other excels and vice versa. For example, the 735 has Qi wireless charging, AMOLED display, 5MP FFC, and a 6.7MP f/1.9 rear camera (with its superior low light/high ISO performance and more aesthetically pleasing bokeh). In the end I stuck with the 640 for its longer battery life, larger display, LCD colour accuracy (less garish than AMOLED), higher resolution rear camera, round corners, and official flip covers for maximum protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb