Post pictures of your latest purchase

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
RE: the XZ3 a few thoughts.
So, the XZ3 is the first Xperia that does not support Sony's theme engine so any themes out there now for other Xperias won't work on the XZ3, unless you just want the wallpaper from the theme...so that is lame.

The Audio sound from the speakers, screen, feel and aesthetics of the device are top notch. The screen naturally is on the blueish side, but the display calibration settings let you take care of that easily. Dbl tap to wake, the full blown AOD, and glove mode are super features too. The Camera UI is revamped here which is cool I guess, but I never used the old UI. To me the pics are on par with the other flagships and surpasses some of them. It has EIS only and it does a great job with it. The OS software needs a bit of touch up though from my perspective. It stutters at times during transitions or when engaging things in a system app. Even seems unresponsive to touch sometimes, but my hands are used to working with my 950 XL, so I don't blame much of the touch issues on Sony. Could be too because I have glove mode/sensitive touch turned off maybe. In my book this device is a winner in a lot of areas, but it lacks the headphone jack which I use periodically, so I could never own it and keep it around as a daily driver. Even though it has the adapter dongle, it would not be the same and it is inconveniencing. However the jack lacking is not a total loss I suppose.
I could take this same reviews, edit a sentence here or there and apply it to my XZ2.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, to go with my giant screened phone, I bought a giant screened watch....with an equally giant name - Diesel On Full Guard 2.5.
Really loving it though.IMG_20181117_202200.jpegIMG_20181117_202140.jpeg

Also, these pictures are really bad because I took them with my HN8.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, to go with my giant screened phone, I bought a giant screened watch....with an equally giant name - Diesel On Full Guard 2.5.
Really loving it though.View attachment 140175View attachment 140176

Also, these pictures are really bad because I took them with my HN8.
Looks good. If I knew you were going with a large watch, I've got a Fossil you could use. Never hurts to have two...this looks very outdoorsman like. Lol.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks good. If I knew you were going with a large watch, I've got a Fossil you could use. Never hurts to have two...this looks very outdoorsman like. Lol.
That would have been tempting. Honestly, I didn't know I was wanting another watch. My Polar M600 is great and continuously gets updates from Polar. I've kinda been keeping the Diesel on my radar just for fun. Definitely an impulse buy. The screen is huge for a watch, and the scrolling wheel/knob on the side is a plus. I wish Polar would allow their Ploar Flow app to be installed on non-Polar devices though. They have a very nice fitness ecosystem.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That would have been tempting. Honestly, I didn't know I was wanting another watch. My Polar M600 is great and continuously gets updates from Polar. I've kinda been keeping the Diesel on my radar just for fun. Definitely an impulse buy. The screen is huge for a watch, and the scrolling wheel/knob on the side is a plus. I wish Polar would allow their Ploar Flow app to be installed on non-Polar devices though. They have a very nice fitness ecosystem.
My Q Explorist 3 is more the fashion type. A nice change of pace when you dress up and stuff, or you feel dressy. It is rose gold though, not that gaudy looking in person. The new version of Android Wear (I'll never call it Wear OS) has removed a ton of jank, making it more pleasant to use.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My Q Explorist 3 is more the fashion type. A nice change of pace when you dress up and stuff, or you feel dressy. It is rose gold though, not that gaudy looking in person. The new version of Android Wear (I'll never call it Wear OS) has removed a ton of jank, making it more pleasant to use.
Believe it or not, one of the reasons I bought the Diesel was because I needed something a little less fitness watch and more watch watch. It's huge, yes. It's gaudy, yes. But it doesn't scream, "Look at me. I'm into fitness.". Especially since my beer guy screams otherwise.
I actually like that rose gold color. One of my 6Ps was a similar good color. Really nice looking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not, one of the reasons I bought the Diesel was because I needed something a little less fitness watch and more watch watch. It's huge, yes. It's gaudy, yes. But it doesn't scream, "Look at me. I'm into fitness.". Especially since my beer guy screams otherwise.
I actually like that rose gold color. One of my 6Ps was a similar good color. Really nice looking.
Looking forward to your review of the Diesel. If you get into another impulse watch buy, my Q Explorist awaits...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the lazy picture, but Surface Go Type Cover. Only paid $79 at Best Buy thanks to an Amazon.com price match. I thought about waiting for some Black Friday deals but figured $21 off was probably about as good as I was gonna get anyway (Newegg has it for $75 but I didn't want to be bothered with shipping. It's a little cramped, yes. And I was a bit surprised at how much heft it adds to the device. Still, now I have a pen and keyboard. I've gone full Surface.

20181120_182204.jpg

Edit: Also not sure why the picture decided to upload sideways lol

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S9 in Lilac Purple.
Exploited a Costco promotion loophole.
bdcaa7536b8b69bd3d4b9df63752f5e6.jpg
0a1bebd88eabfe9e9eb0028aba271e00.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Currently, I'm trying very hard to not buy a BlackBerry Key2 lol. My LG V20 is still going strong (despite a few drops). But man, the desire for a physical keyboard is strong.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The sale on Amazon Echo Dots (3rd gen, $25) is now live so I picked up three of those, 1 in each color. I'll keep one but the other two should make decent gifts.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Picked them up today on hold by FedEx.

Wil plan a day to install them... Hopefully by Tuesday next week

Pair of custom made rear cool springs for my Sonata.
6adc2a68ce06773633b1f01e67c5aaa9.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99