06-13-2021 06:39 PM
2,279 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    My first OnePlus. I'm actually impressed. Attachment 142423
    Cool! What colour is it? I'm glad you like it.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-20-2020 09:45 PM
    Wish we had done this before. Ordered a Bio Bidet BB-800 Prestige Bidet Seat for every WC except one we virtually never use. Good design. Not a lot of models with high end functions and a fixed control panel. I don't like a hand held or wall mounted remote.

Engineering is excellent with a few possible exceptions and maybe I am just missing the reason for. One is the T to route water to the seat.

Toto puts the T between the normal water line to the tank and the tank. So only one existing hose end is disturbed and a very short additional hose goes between the T at the tank and the seat.

BioBidet, puts the T at the shut-off and completely replaces the original water line to the tank and adds a line to the seat. So, both ends of the shutoff to tank hose are disturbed and they have to provide a much longer hose to the seat and potentially have the new one not long enough. Not to mention that some homes, such as this 1987 vintage one did not originally have removable connections at the shutoff although that was changed many years ago.

I wrote to them asking the reason for the more expensive/higher risk design.

On the plus side, the mechanical lever that release the seat from the catch plate also automatically drains the heated water tank into the bowl. Many brands require extra non intuitive steps and turning the seat to a certain orientation.

The water temperature and seat temperatures can be set so high as to be uncomfortable which is a lot better than not getting as hot as you'd like.

The air drying might require some patience since obviously it takes longer to air dry but if you are patient, air dry means your hands never touch anything but the control panel. So, you can laugh at any toilet paper shortage.

As with anything mechanical, there is no such thing as too quiet. You can hear the water pump when the nozzle is being used. But no more annoying than say the sounds a refrigerator ice maker makes; not really loud but makes you wonder what all the different components of the sound are.

Got a little bit of a scare because the factory shipping boxes say in big letters "do not turn upside down". UPS left them all upside down. But they all seem to work. I've also written the manufacturer asking why the box shouldn't be turned upside down. Now I can't stop thinking about the joke about the goblet you must always drink out of one side.

I knew this model did not have multiple memories for positioning the nozzles but we knew we didn't need that.

I haven't plugged one of these into my Killowatt yet to calculate what the annual cost will be to heat the water and maintain the seat temperature to our preference.

It's a little annoying that no models I'm aware of have a wide selection of colors and many (like this one) are only available in one color. Toto for example has a few colors, but not the color of our toilet, sink, tub not to mention wanting close to two hundred extra for anything but white.

wp_20200620_03_09_37_rich__highres.shortexp-cropped.jpg

06-20-2020 10:35 PM
    Can I borrow it? I wonder if I can actually check them out in the TMO store.. really curious about them.
    They're on display. I was was worried about it being too narrow, but it's not an issue.
    06-21-2020 12:07 PM
    Cool! What colour is it? I'm glad you like it.
    Got the black one for me and the pink/silver/gradient/whatever for the boss (wife). Yes, I've finally pried her away from her iPhone and she's thrilled with all the neat things she can do now. She absolutely LOVES the Your Phone app. Getting pictures from her phone to her PC is a snap compared to her iDevices. Happy wife, happy life!!
    06-21-2020 12:16 PM
    Got the black one for me and the pink/silver/gradient/whatever for the boss (wife). Yes, I've finally pried her away from her iPhone and she's thrilled with all the neat things she can do now. She absolutely LOVES the Your Phone app. Getting pictures from her phone to her PC is a snap compared to her iDevices. Happy wife, happy life!!
    Wow, I'm amazed that you were able to do that successfully for her! Nicee!

I'm sure the world of fast charging is a shock for her lol.
    fatclue_98 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-21-2020 06:41 PM
    Quick update on my recent acquisitions. The OnePlus is every bit as good as a Samsung costing more. The camera is not Pixel quality but definitely in the neighborhood. The macro module in lieu of a telephoto is actually what drew my interest to begin with as I need it for work moreso than bringing mountains closer. Those Florida mountain ranges are breathless though. My only noticeable minus so far is battery life with the refresh rate set to 90 hertz. The impact is substantial so I've dialed it back to 60. TBH, I don't really notice the difference.

As for the other new addition to the stable, the Galaxy Book2 was everything I hoped for. That is, until Windows Update knocked me out of S Mode without my knowledge or consent. My first clue was apps started crashing and I started to poke around. I saw some forum posts on other sites that made mention of this so I went to Systems and lo and behold, I'm now on 10 Home. This sucks donkey's ......never mind.

More investigation is warranted but I'm not exactly hopeful. Pissed yes, hopeful no.
    06-24-2020 07:15 PM
    Quick update on my recent acquisitions. The OnePlus is every bit as good as a Samsung costing more. The camera is not Pixel quality but definitely in the neighborhood. The macro module in lieu of a telephoto is actually what drew my interest to begin with as I need it for work moreso than bringing mountains closer. Those Florida mountain ranges are breathless though. My only noticeable minus so far is battery life with the refresh rate set to 90 hertz. The impact is substantial so I've dialed it back to 60. TBH, I don't really notice the difference.

As for the other new addition to the stable, the Galaxy Book2 was everything I hoped for. That is, until Windows Update knocked me out of S Mode without my knowledge or consent. My first clue was apps started crashing and I started to poke around. I saw some forum posts on other sites that made mention of this so I went to Systems and lo and behold, I'm now on 10 Home. This sucks donkey's ......never mind.

More investigation is warranted but I'm not exactly hopeful. Pissed yes, hopeful no.
    Ahh I hope this will fix
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    06-24-2020 07:42 PM
    I decided it was time to upgrade my WFH monitor. Went from Lenovo 24" 1440p to Lenovo 32" 1440p. I was going to go to 4k, but I figured I'd just end up where was, running 125% fonts so I can read, and not utilizing the extra resolution, and franky didn't want to spend the extra $100 - $150. So far it's great, and has just as good of image quality as my 24" did, just with lower PPI. This isn't my main work desk shown, it isn't big enough for this monitor, it's just where I set it up temporarily to check it out before cleaning up my main desk to make room for the larger monitor.
    06-25-2020 10:08 AM
    I decided it was time to upgrade my WFH monitor. Went from Lenovo 24" 1440p to Lenovo 32" 1440p. I was going to go to 4k, but I figured I'd just end up where was, running 125% fonts so I can read, and not utilizing the extra resolution, and franky didn't want to spend the extra $100 - $150. So far it's great, and has just as good of image quality as my 24" did, just with lower PPI. This isn't my main work desk shown, it isn't big enough for this monitor, it's just where I set it up temporarily to check it out before cleaning up my main desk to make room for the larger monitor. [IMG=4032x3024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200625/f68a60618f5673a487a0c7ae008c7bd1.jpg[/url]
    That monitor looks awesome!
    Grabber5.0 and me just saying like this.
    06-26-2020 12:45 AM
    That monitor looks awesome!
    looks bent out of shape to me or its time to change my contacts ;-P seriously, it does look awesome...
    06-26-2020 03:19 AM
    Finally broke down and bought Start10 and Curtains from Stardock. So far they're easy to use and work well.

This looks simple in comparison to the other themes available.

capture.jpg
    06-26-2020 09:24 PM
    Finally broke down and bought Start10 and Curtains from Stardock. So far they're easy to use and work well.

This looks simple in comparison to the other themes available.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	142447
    That looks really cool! I love it.
    HeyCori likes this.
    06-26-2020 11:11 PM
    The Amazon Echo Microwave was delivered less than an hour ago. Already setup, in fact, it set up itself. I plugged it in, moved the empty box to another room, when I got back, it said it was ready to go. One feature I really like, the clock set itself. Won't have to worry about the wrong time anymore. Now I wonder if the air fryer is as bad as the reviews say.

item.jpg
    06-27-2020 09:12 AM
    The Amazon Echo Microwave was delivered less than an hour ago. Already setup, in fact, it set up itself. I plugged it in, moved the empty box to another room, when I got back, it said it was ready to go. One feature I really like, the clock set itself. Won't have to worry about the wrong time anymore. Now I wonder if the air fryer is as bad as the reviews say.

Name:	item.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	142448
    That's really cool! I hope it cooks as well as it sets itself up.
    06-27-2020 10:31 AM
    Old fashioned shaving soap that works great and smells great. It reminds me of the scent of Ivory soap, which is also something old fashioned that I love.
    06-28-2020 11:39 PM
    New home for my most used tools. Dumping 30 year old Craftsman that got a lot of abuse being hauled from track to track around the US. This US General 26" wide by 22" deep is SO much better built plus thicker steel, powder coat instead of paint, drawers that sort of lock when fully closed, 22 vs 16 inch deep drawers, quality mats in every drawer, etc.. Gravity helped unload it. But at almost 200 lbs. was a bear to get upright after installing the 5" wheels. Now I have to remove all the rust proofing (uncleaned grease) from some of the tools before transferring them. LoL.

wp_20200629_20_05_58_rich__highres.longexp-cropped.jpg

Some of contents:

drawer-1-metric-wrenches-vice-grips.jpg

drawer-2-sae-wrenches-cresent-wrenches-torque-wrenches.jpg

drawer-3-misc.jpg

drawer-4-pliers-large-wrenches.jpg

drawer-5-extra-ratchets-extensions-adapters-etc...jpg

drawer-6-hammers-pipe-wrenches-seldon-used-sockets.jpg
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 07-31-2020 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added contents of some drawers
    06-30-2020 12:48 PM
    Lumia 640 battery ready go boom!

(that battery is thicker than most phone nowadays )

img_20200629_083813610_hdr.jpg

Yes, I've been using this phone for several years, basically since release. Even after moving to Android, I kept it in my car and used it as a Bluetooth MP3 player. But now the battery is in the trash before it explodes. I thought about buying another battery but I don't think I will. I have a Lumia 520 that's barely been used so that will become my new MP3 player. The 640 can retire to that ol' closet in the sky.
    06-30-2020 04:23 PM
    Lumia 640 battery ready go boom!

(that battery is thicker than most phone nowadays )

Name:	IMG_20200629_083813610_HDR.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	142458

Yes, I've been using this phone for several years, basically since release. Even after moving to Android, I kept it in my car and used it as a Bluetooth MP3 player. But now the battery is in the trash before it explodes. I thought about buying another battery but I don't think I will. I have a Lumia 520 that's barely been used so that will become my new MP3 player. The 640 can retire to that ol' closet in the sky.
    That's brilliant that you use it this way! It has held strong for you.
    06-30-2020 09:05 PM
    OnePlus 8 in Cosmic Brownie, I mean Interstellar Glow. Is it an upgrade from the V50? Not in all respects, but man it's crazy fast and extremely customizable. And security updates should be more than twice a year like LG seems to manage. I'm sure I'll miss the SD card and headphones jack at some point.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 07-01-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    07-01-2020 01:31 PM
    Puurty!
    Laura Knotek and Grabber5.0 like this.
    07-01-2020 01:46 PM
    OnePlus 8 in Cosmic Brownie, I mean Interstellar Glow. Is it an upgrade from the V50? Not in all respects, but man it's crazy fast and extremely customizable. And security updates should be more than twice a year like LG seems to manage. I'm sure I'll miss the SD card and headphones jack at some point.
    [IMG=2805x3207]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200701/f02883e1df74a1b91fc93ddcc0f2f9e0.jpg[/url]
    Welcome to the club. It's a nice piece for sure. Not quite superstar level, though not by a whole lot, but definitely not superstar price. This might be a keeper for the missus and me. Well, till the next shiny hook I see dangling in the water.
    07-01-2020 02:25 PM
    [IMG=2805x3207]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200701/f02883e1df74a1b91fc93ddcc0f2f9e0.jpg[/url]
    That looks really nice. Have fun with it.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    07-01-2020 10:19 PM
    That looks really nice. Have fun with it.
    Once I'm sure I'm keeping it, I will buy a clear case to use once in a while to show the color. My initial case is more about protection - a Spigen Tough Armor. I've been really liking their cases for my last few phones.
    aximtreo and Laura Knotek like this.
    07-02-2020 09:59 AM
    Once I'm sure I'm keeping it, I will buy a clear case to use once in a while to show the color. My initial case is more about protection - a Spigen Tough Armor. I've been really liking their cases for my last few phones.
    I thought there was always a clear case inside a OnePlus box.
    07-02-2020 12:50 PM
    I thought there was always a clear case inside a OnePlus box.
    The 8 includes only the 30W charger and cable. I'd heard the 8 Pro came with a case, but not certain that it's correct.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-02-2020 05:52 PM
2,279 ... 7475767778 ...