Post pictures of your latest purchase

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Picture coming soon but I decided to buy the Surface Go 2 with the m3. No LTE though. I really want LTE but it's hard to justify because I mostly travel between work sites and they all have wifi. I was really excited about getting it tomorrow until I realized that tomorrow is the 11th. :grin:

I already have the i3 Pro 7, and my goal is to replace the 7 with the Go. Not because it's an upgrade, but I've been pining for a smaller Surface since I got rid of my original Go (because the original Go just could not handle Google Sheets). As long as the m3 can handle my Google needs, I'll sell my Pro 7 and put the money towards a Xbox Series X.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Picture coming soon but I decided to buy the Surface Go 2 with the m3. No LTE though. I really want LTE but it's hard to justify because I mostly travel between work sites and they all have wifi. I was really excited about getting it tomorrow until I realized that tomorrow is the 11th. :grin:

I already have the i3 Pro 7, and my goal is to replace the 7 with the Go. Not because it's an upgrade, but I've been pining for a smaller Surface since I got rid of my original Go (because the original Go just could not handle Google Sheets). As long as the m3 can handle my Google needs, I'll sell my Pro 7 and put the money towards a Xbox Series X.
Awesome! That sounds like a great plan for you!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Nice! Let us know what you think! This time (with what is going on in the world) has me possibly revisiting the Go.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I must say the Go 2 is tempting for me as well but I want to get the LTE version.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Is the LTE model on Intel or Qualcomm? The raison d’etre for LTE is instant on, which Intel does not handle very well in my experience.
I have an Intel bases HP Elite X2 that works just fine on T-Mobile LTE. I will have to do some digging around but I believe it's Intel m3 with LTE.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Funny. Because I haven't noticed any issues with my X2 yet.
The operative word being yet
I wouldn't call it an issue. I guess my idea of instant on is more like always on. My iPad gets notifications when it's asleep, I want my PC to do the same if it's on a cellular network.

As for the x2, my only issue was the volume being slightly louder than a whisper after a Windows driver update. You really need to have the installation CD handy if this happens because no driver download helps.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't call it an issue. I guess my idea of instant on is more like always on. My iPad gets notifications when it's asleep, I want my PC to do the same if it's on a cellular network.

As for the x2, my only issue was the volume being slightly louder than a whisper after a Windows driver update. You really need to have the installation CD handy if this happens because no driver download helps.
Updates on the X2 are controlled by work and I am probably about 6 versions behind the latest one. I haven't paid attention to notifications on LTE. Since I can always do a lot of work on the iPhone Xr issued by the company.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Go 2 is here and going through the Windows update motions. Just by feel alone, I'm mildly in love with it. It feels really good to hold and is very lightweight when compared to my Pro.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
m3 version of the Go 2. Using the keyboard from my first Go. So far I've been pretty impressed with the speed. I'll have to put it through its paces before seeing how it compares to my i3 Pro 7. Also, this may be the least amount of pre-installed software I've seen on a system. It just had Office installed and that's it.

IMG_20200512_225436_7.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed is that scrolling in Edgeium doesn't look as smooth as on my i3 Pro 7. I wonder if it's more of a screen refresh issue than a Chrome/m3 problem.

Edit: Switched over to Firefox and scrolling is much better than on Chrome/Edge. Unfortunately, Firefox is a battery killer. We'll see how this goes.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying a new tea
a02a92c0fa478ab5da6ab204e143effa.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a new Magic Keyboard for my iPad. It does have some software quirks they need to work on (basic stuff like being able to reverse the trackpad for scrolling), but the keys feel fantastic and the magnetic mount is totally solid.

AvXXOGu.jpgBNlyKUn.jpgnE12IVV.jpgiC3exQD.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786