Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Moar MiniDiscs!
1fe4c6a3c425af1917ecef5c9d13cf9a.jpg

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
My TMO OP8s only came with the chargers as well. I bought a Tudia case for mine but I kept seeing that Verizon models wouldn't fit on the ads regardless of manufacturer. I wonder what the difference is.
Probably an extra antenna or two to support their mmwave 5G. The TMO and unlocked versions do not support mmwave.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm really liking this Spigen case for the OP8. It's a hair on the bulky side, but doesn't show dirt like the black rugged armor ones I usually buy. I just hope the finish is more than skin deep.
9373e04cd33f93a38c90b08982996773.jpg

Edit: I really wanted to say "diggin' the Spigen" but thought that was a bit too "dad joke"

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking this Spigen case for the OP8. It's a hair on the bulky side, but doesn't show dirt like the black rugged armor ones I usually buy. I just hope the finish is more than skin deep.
9373e04cd33f93a38c90b08982996773.jpg

Edit: I really wanted to say "diggin' the Spigen" but thought that was a bit too "dad joke"
If you're using full gesture, let me know how it goes with that case. I've used 2 different cases and the bottom lip really makes swiping up a chore. I'm usually scrolling up on the page instead of closing an app.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
If you're using full gesture, let me know how it goes with that case. I've used 2 different cases and the bottom lip really makes swiping up a chore. I'm usually scrolling up on the page instead of closing an app.
I did for a while, but I am just not getting the hang of them and have switched back, at least for a while. Swiping up wasn't what I'd difficult, but I did have to be a bit more deliberate than I'm used to from my previous devices or I'd scroll the app instead of what I intended. The big problem is I am used to LG's implementation with the pill and the back arrow, which after two years is enough to really ingrain it as a habit.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I went with Fire Stick when I cut the cord. Later I bought my father a new TV to stop him from buying yet another bulb for an ancient DLP set. The new TV had Roku built-in so I became familiar while setting up the TV and cutting his cord.

I found I preferred Roku to Fire so bought myself a Roku Ultra to replace my Fire Stick. The Ultra specs are closer to a Fire TV cube but the Roku attached to the back of my TV without increasing the thickness of the TV so the TV still sits flush against the wall (my extendable and articulated mount is inset into the wall between two studs).

I like that this Roku has an ethernet port so I ditched WiFi. You can add an ethernet dongle to a Fire Stick but its a USB 2 dongle and more wires.

The biggest advantage to the Roku platform is a much cleaner home screen. The Fire Stick home screen is never ending and unavoidable advertisements. My Roku home screen just has "buttons" for the services I subscribed to.

For reasons I haven't figured out, the Roku drives my rear speakers and subwoofer better than the Fire Stick did.

In some ways the Fire Stick remote was better. It looks better and is thinner/lighter and the volume controls are on the face instead of the side. The side volume controls on the Roku remotes are too easy to bump. But this particular Roku remote uses AA batteries instead of the AAA the Fire Stick and other Roku remotes use, so battery life should be better.

WP_20200708_18_36_23_Rich__highres.longexp.jpg

WP_20200708_14_20_05_Rich__highres.longexp.jpg

Update: Thanks to WC news for the article about a Roku sale at Amazon. Started a return on my ~$100 purchase and re-ordered for ~$70. Then called CS and they were able to cancel both and issue a ~$30 credit for the original order.

Last edited:

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
My latest purchase is a new battery for my Galaxy Gear S2 Classic watch. Lately its been averaging 17 hours and though that is all I normally need, it would not be enough when going out of town. I really do not like taking the charger with me. I will never again buy a watch with a proprietary charger especially since the newer watches can be charged via my note 10+phone. I will not be changing the battery until the end of the month about the time when the new Samsung watch is announced (rumor). This way, if I royally mess things up, I would have an excuse to get the new watch and won't be without one for long :)

try again.jpg

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had to do it, I couldn't resist the urge to try a dual-screen device before the Duo is released. If it ever gets released. With Android flagships these days it boils down to the hardware and OEM-specific UI. On that note, I'll say this: This sumbitch is big and it's heavy - with or without the extra display case. I haven't really played with the features but in the short time I've had it it's been so good to open an attachment from an email on one display while being able to reply on the other. When you're reviewing drawings and making comments on a reply it's a breeze having both open simultaneously. The rest is typical LG - insanely nice display and some very good audio. The OnePlus 8 is still in the stable but this anchor is making things quite difficult. Oh, almost forgot. This phone fully supports Windows Ink-capable pens. I'm using my Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus.

WIN_20200716_14_22_16_Pro.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I had to do it, I couldn't resist the urge to try a dual-screen device before the Duo is released. If it ever gets released. With Android flagships these days it boils down to the hardware and OEM-specific UI. On that note, I'll say this: This sumbitch is big and it's heavy - with or without the extra display case. I haven't really played with the features but in the short time I've had it it's been so good to open an attachment from an email on one display while being able to reply on the other. When you're reviewing drawings and making comments on a reply it's a breeze having both open simultaneously. The rest is typical LG - insanely nice display and some very good audio. The OnePlus 8 is still in the stable but this anchor is making things quite difficult. Oh, almost forgot. This phone fully supports Windows Ink-capable pens. I'm using my Bamboo Ink Smart Stylus.

View attachment 142488
That looks awesome! Enjoy it. I love the sound of FLAC files with high impedance headphones on an LG device.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Remember that stereo I posted pics of way back in March? Well I'm finally installing it in my truck. Just tidying a few wires and then put the dash back together.
0c832e19e2da847785e8d2caa0230685.jpg
099323ba4fb74136bd13d99388761f30.jpg
999c8cbf8d2304484634d4a20f2f16ab.jpg
f33f7295a8ae6807591d116abd6e4d61.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos