Post pictures of your latest purchase

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Congrats! Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

So far not too shabby. Never owned a moto since Lenovo got a hold of them. So, I like the quality and device feel. The buttons are small and sturdy. The power button has grooves for feel/finding/or placement of it for your finger. Overall the feel of the phone and holding it in the hand is good. Weirdly though it is a big device. As large as my 950xl in overall dimensions. So for a 5.5" screen I was not too pleased for it to have that going for it. The camera bump is awful but with a case or moto back it turns out ok...

I am not huge on Android anymore, so honestly the sw (nougat) had nothing new that I found eye popping or overly intriguing. It is a good little phone. The battery life for this model is stellar. I'll see how long I keep it around...

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
So far I can say the build quality is top-notch. It's definitely more slippery than my Idol but that's to be expected. The display is as awesome as advertised but I'm not quite used to the aspect ratio. I haven't had the chance to play with DeX yet but that is coming. I did see a few non-Microsoft DeX-compatible apps available so that's good. No word yet on battery life but it's 9:20AM and it's at 92% (that's great for me). My Gear S2 is naturally working fantastic so nothing to report there.

One minor quibble that may grow into a full blown rant is the curious placement of the fingerprint scanner. I see many smudged pictures in my future due to this. So much so that whenever you open the camera app there's a reminder to make sure the lens is clean.

I'll update as I go along.

The fingerprint sensor location is awful in my opinion. So too the heart rate sensor on the other side of the camera lens. A TPU case does aid finding the FPS easier but I still never used it and opted instead for using my Zenwatch 2 as a trusted device so it was always unlocked when connected to it. Maybe you could do the same with your Gear S 2?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The fingerprint sensor location is awful in my opinion. So too the heart rate sensor on the other side of the camera lens. A TPU case does aid finding the FPS easier but I still never used it and opted instead for using my Zenwatch 2 as a trusted device so it was always unlocked when connected to it. Maybe you could do the same with your Gear S 2?
Oh yeah, that was task #1 after pairing the S2. I picked up a wallet case today and yes, it does help locating the FPS.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
JqAvXaU.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Like new Sony NEX 7 no lens...
Lot of people say this camera isn't very good.
Got it from Amazon warehouse deals for $260.00 USD.

IMG_20170607_171813.jpg

Not a scratch or a ding anywhere!
For used it's perfect.

Came with a 30 dollar VELLO pro-glass screen protector on the LCD too.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Joined the 4k HDR bandwagon much sooner than expected.

34380978173_83e5b8ce55_d.jpg

Not OLED thin but still very very slim.
34803950550_d445352d0a_d.jpg

35150282206_a2431017a9_d.jpg

So far this and Gears of War 4 is are my only 4k HDR content.
34380978903_78c1cb8bc2_n_d.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb