Post pictures of your latest purchase

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I got a Asus m5a78lM Plus usb3 motherboard, AMD fx 6300 six core black edition and gammax 300 cpu cooler.

That cooler its nuts, my cpu goes to 43 degrees C max, when I am 8% overclocked and stress testing. I could easily go ten, but I don't want to reduce the life of the CPU. I might even dial it back to 5% idk, just to be cautious.

Idle it can sit under 20 degrees. When I first booted up it seemed to sit at around 11-13. I've actually never had that. New ram (8 more gb on top of the four) and cheapish gpu (r7 350) on its way.

Anyway, stupid picture of stupid boxes wont workm but great to have a working PC again. Cost me half the price it would have cost me in a store too, which is always nice.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I got a Asus m5a78lM Plus usb3 motherboard, AMD fx 6300 six core black edition and gammax 300 cpu cooler.

That cooler its nuts, my cpu goes to 43 degrees C max, when I am 8% overclocked and stress testing. I could easily go ten, but I don't want to reduce the life of the CPU. I might even dial it back to 5% idk, just to be cautious.

Idle it can sit under 20 degrees. When I first booted up it seemed to sit at around 11-13. I've actually never had that. New ram (8 more gb on top of the four) and cheapish gpu (r7 350) on its way.

Anyway, stupid picture of stupid boxes wont workm but great to have a working PC again. Cost me half the price it would have cost me in a store too, which is always nice.

Story:
At my last job I use to build PCs. At one point some enthusiast gamers came to me and asked if I would build a Liquid cooled tower running Windows XP 64bit (awful I know...). That was my first experience. We only cooled the CPU on that one with liquid. About 6 months later or so, after Vista released his buddy asked that I build one and cool everything if possible with liquid. Long story short he spent thousands on the HW, cooling plates, tubing, pumps, gpu cards, drives etc... On that one we cooled both gpu cards, the S. Bridge Chipset (built in cooler on the board), and the CPU. The drive was too complicated since the Case he bought was not built for what was needed. I had to hack the case apart, but in the end completed it.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Story:
At my last job I use to build PCs. At one point some enthusiast gamers came to me and asked if I would build a Liquid cooled tower running Windows XP 64bit (awful I know...). That was my first experience. We only cooled the CPU on that one with liquid. About 6 months later or so, after Vista released his buddy asked that I build one and cool everything if possible with liquid. Long story short he spent thousands on the HW, cooling plates, tubing, pumps, gpu cards, drives etc... On that one we cooled both gpu cards, the S. Bridge Chipset (built in cooler on the board), and the CPU. The drive was too complicated since the Case he bought was not built for what was needed. I had to hack the case apart, but in the end completed it.

Wow.

Guess you must be able to overclock pretty sweet on liquid cooling. It'd only be worth the expense though if you were a hardcore gamer with the most expensive CPU/GPU combination possible.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow.

Guess you must be able to overclock pretty sweet on liquid cooling. It'd only be worth the expense though if you were a hardcore gamer with the most expensive CPU/GPU combination possible.

Ya I left the OCing to the owners of those PCs went to. Yes they were gamers... I might have a decent photo of that last PC I built for that customer that I could send to you if you're interested.

PS I still cannot open your pic upload though.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Ya I left the OCing to the owners of those PCs went to. Yes they were gamers... I might have a decent photo of that last PC I built for that customer that I could send to you if you're interested.

PS I still cannot open your pic upload though.

Oh its just a bunch of boxes. Maybe I'll snap my computers interior at some point :p

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Weather report had some heavy hitters in Jazz.

The biggees were:
Wayne Shorter
Jaco Pastorius (killed in a fight in 1987)
Joe Zawinul
Peter Erskine

The bass guitar and percussion work at their live shows were legendary.
Best played at higher volume levels or with really good headphones fed by a tube amp in my opinion.

Weather Report"s music gives me goosebumps when I listen to them :)
I posted my comment above before I saw this. Jaco was a beast.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
cca289297f60a1fb6dca07b573dc0d45.jpg

Couldn't resist. I've always wanted to try out the Mate 9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12