Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't resist. I missed this device and those fabulous speakers. If anybody's interested, the camera in the Idol has a ton of potential. Amazing what a little bit of effort in firmware can do.
nqsNXsv.jpg

Sent from my Surface 3 on mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So I remembered this adult joke and started thinking of ways to make it sound PG-13, but I saw Laura here so I decided I'm not ready to get kicked out of the Knotek fan club today...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I did. Now it's the BlackBerry 's turn. I'm not too optimistic about the battery life since it is an Android after all. We'll soon see.

Update #1 - Ugh....It's only 9:30 and the battery's down to 86%. Dropping 14% in only 4 hours doesn't bode well for this. I can't say I'm surprised but the Idol was much better than this. Oh well, I have a rare 4 day weekend to mull over things. I'm starting to think the S8+'s insane battery life was a freak of nature rather than a new standard bearer for Android.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Update #1 - Ugh....It's only 9:30 and the battery's down to 86%. Dropping 14% in only 4 hours doesn't bode well for this. I can't say I'm surprised but the Idol was much better than this. Oh well, I have a rare 4 day weekend to mull over things. I'm starting to think the S8+'s insane battery life was a freak of nature rather than a new standard bearer for Android.
8gb of RAM needed to operate "optimally" I always felt was a freak of nature...

Even though 6-8 gb of RAM in an android phone is mostly gimmick they actually do work better like that. Such a waste to need it that way on such a small footprint if you ask me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah this weekend will be a great test for you.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Laura Knotek, I saw on NBC last night, and CBS this morning, that they (forget who:() were going to start making vinyl records again...looks like, ONE: you started something! and, TWO: you may need to take on a second, or third, job to fund ALL the new goodies that will soon be available:)

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
@Laura Knotek, I saw on NBC last night, and CBS this morning, that they (forget who:() were going to start making vinyl records again...looks like, ONE: you started something! and, TWO: you may need to take on a second, or third, job to fund ALL the new goodies that will soon be available:)
... "its a Sony"

...!!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
"optimally"
That is such a hard word to quantify. I'm having a devil of a time between this phone and the x3.

On the one hand, the DTEK is more manageable due to its footprint, the fingerprint scanner is decidedly faster and the BB apps work better, IMO, than on any other Android I've had - including the S8+. The speakers simply can't be beat. That's not hyperbole, it's a known commodity. If it wasn't for the uber-fast charging, it'd be a waste.

The x3 doesn't have the apps and that's not worth debating. The battery life is stellar and the camera is on par with the DTEK, but slightly better than the Idol 4S. Lost in all the noise of Windows vs. Android or Windows vs. iOS or Mayweather vs. McGregor is a subtle nuance that I had never noticed before. I'll use Outlook as an example for brevity. It doesn't feel like an app as much as Android or iPhone. Maybe it's the fonts or the colors or the depth of the display, but when using an Android or iPhone it "feels" like you're using an app made for a phone. I noticed it with Excel and OneDrive too. I had never gave it any thought because I'm on Windows 7 Pro on my slates. But now that I'm using the Surface more, it kind of sticks out. Am I making any sense or was that bottle of Jack too much?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
K...my turn again :)

I'm cool now:
IMG_20170630_130856.jpg

...and the reason I'm cool is because I bought this POS open box lens from Best Buys eBay store.
Got it in 2 days...yet when I opened it up it this afternoon it was missing the hood ... Grrrrrrrrrr

So on the receipt it said any problems return to any BB for a full refund.
I jumped into the car and motored over to the nearest store grumbling all the way.
Zipped up to customer service quickly and the very nice people asked if I would like the refund in cash or a brand new unopened lens.

Took the lens so now I'm cool!

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Although it’s not purchased yet, I do have my eye out on this cool looking gaming laptop, a Red iPhone 7 Plus (For me, haha), and an iPad Air for a upcoming birthday girl

Edited: I’ll try to post a picture of the laptop since you guy probably already know what a Red iPhone and an iPad Air looks like, lol.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
That is such a hard word to quantify. I'm having a devil of a time between this phone and the x3.

On the one hand, the DTEK is more manageable due to its footprint, the fingerprint scanner is decidedly faster and the BB apps work better, IMO, than on any other Android I've had - including the S8+. The speakers simply can't be beat. That's not hyperbole, it's a known commodity. If it wasn't for the uber-fast charging, it'd be a waste.

The x3 doesn't have the apps and that's not worth debating. The battery life is stellar and the camera is on par with the DTEK, but slightly better than the Idol 4S. Lost in all the noise of Windows vs. Android or Windows vs. iOS or Mayweather vs. McGregor is a subtle nuance that I had never noticed before. I'll use Outlook as an example for brevity. It doesn't feel like an app as much as Android or iPhone. Maybe it's the fonts or the colors or the depth of the display, but when using an Android or iPhone it "feels" like you're using an app made for a phone. I noticed it with Excel and OneDrive too. I had never gave it any thought because I'm on Windows 7 Pro on my slates. But now that I'm using the Surface more, it kind of sticks out. Am I making any sense or was that bottle of Jack too much?
Yes :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb