Post pictures of your latest purchase

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Echo came much earlier than anticipated. Set it up this evening. Working pretty well so far. Speakers sound good and there's some heft to the device. I'm using the web interface for setup but it works just like the app which we also have on our Kindle. Using it to listen to 80s music right now lol.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Amazon Echo came much earlier than anticipated. Set it up this evening. Working pretty well so far. Speakers sound good and there's some heft to the device. I'm using the web interface for setup but it works just like the app which we also have on our Kindle. Using it to listen to 80s music right now lol.
Nice! I'm glad you're enjoying it. 😊

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
ELP Japanese import CD
4c135073d84337f97e66ec92ebbf34cc.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well as you can tell by my sig, I've left no stone unturned in the Windows 10 Mobile arena. I take back everything I ever said about this phone based on things I read. I'll make a more definitive assessment after I put it through the battery gauntlet that is my daily routine. So far, the SD808 has made a liar out of me because it hasn't gone into full blown thermonuclear meltdown as it's supposed to. There is a small but noticeable drop in performance compared to the x3 or the Idol. The camera is superior to any of those two but still behind the 950 twins.

Very comfortable to hold but the power button placement is a head scratcher. The display is fantastic and I won't say it's better or worse than any other top line Windows phones. My eyes simply can't distinguish between FHD and QHD. It's bright enough and way better than a 640 or any of the previous WinPhones. Now for the bad. The speakers SUCK!! I can't put it any other way, they suck. Did I mention the speakers suck donkey (fill in the blank)?

Reception on T-Mobile is quite good and I say that because I live in a terrible area for any carrier. Haven't looked into WiFi calling yet since I never use it or rarely at best.

Sadly this phone will never see the Creator Update but thanks to the Insider program at least it's on the Anniversary Update so that's not too bad.

I've been typing this pseudo-review for a little bit now and the phone is still cool. I had such reservations about that and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. Don't I feel like a horse's *** for talking smack without firsthand knowledge.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well as you can tell by my sig, I've left no stone unturned in the Windows 10 Mobile arena. I take back everything I ever said about this phone based on things I read. I'll make a more definitive assessment after I put it through the battery gauntlet that is my daily routine. So far, the SD808 has made a liar out of me because it hasn't gone into full blown thermonuclear meltdown as it's supposed to. There is a small but noticeable drop in performance compared to the x3 or the Idol. The camera is superior to any of those two but still behind the 950 twins.

Very comfortable to hold but the power button placement is a head scratcher. The display is fantastic and I won't say it's better or worse than any other top line Windows phones. My eyes simply can't distinguish between FHD and QHD. It's bright enough and way better than a 640 or any of the previous WinPhones. Now for the bad. The speakers SUCK!! I can't put it any other way, they suck. Did I mention the speakers suck donkey (fill in the blank)?

Reception on T-Mobile is quite good and I say that because I live in a terrible area for any carrier. Haven't looked into WiFi calling yet since I never use it or rarely at best.

Sadly this phone will never see the Creator Update but thanks to the Insider program at least it's on the Anniversary Update so that's not too bad.

I've been typing this pseudo-review for a little bit now and the phone is still cool. I had such reservations about that and I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger. Don't I feel like a horse's *** for talking smack without firsthand knowledge.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
You're a brave one. Yes you really have tried everything, really interesting review though. I get it though. Hopefully this works out!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I won this on Ebay and turns out it is the Mi4w. But..I can still enable W10M on it, I would just lose the Modem and have wifi only. That is the only way to boot it on the Mi4w that I have found. Disconnecting the WCDMA modem cable. Will do that tonight when I get home...it's a test device for me anyway. I love this thing from a hacking/techy perspective. I've already rebuilt the phone's sw a dozen times. :)
jS8KI6i.jpg

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
So I won this on Ebay and turns out it is the Mi4w. But..I can still enable W10M on it, I would just lose the Modem and have wifi only. That is the only way to boot it on the Mi4w that I have found. Disconnecting the WCDMA modem cable. Will do that tonight when I get home...it's a test device for me anyway. I love this thing from a hacking/techy perspective. I've already rebuilt the phone's sw a dozen times. :)
http://i.imgur.com/jS8KI6i.jpg

Bummed on this one. So far no go with booting W10M. I have one last effort to try at it, and if it fails then I am going to have to look for the model I need again.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Bummed on this one. So far no go with booting W10M. I have one last effort to try at it, and if it fails then I am going to have to look for the model I need again.

Sorry, that's a bummer. Check out the Mi 4 forum, I believe someone listed a model there.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, that's a bummer. Check out the Mi 4 forum, I believe someone listed a model there.

I know which one it is, unfortunately when I did bid on this the description was not accurate. They listed it as a 4g Mi4 but the one I got was the Mi4w 3g only model with WCDMA. Luckily I won it for half what the buy it now was listed as. Maybe I can make that up later selling it used some where. Will have to see. I have voiced this to the seller but the phone is perfectlly fine.

On the MiUi forums that is where I found the solution for the phone I have to be able to boot W10M without the cellular modem.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to wait and see if the first full day was some kind of fluke but Day 2 has proven to be just as good. The battery life on this Acer is insane. It's been off the charger since 5:30AM and it's at 79% at 3:00PM. Mind you, I use the hell out of my phones so when I say a certain phone will last a full day, it might mean 2 full days under "normal" usage.

The one glaring weakness continues to be a spear-sized thorn in my side and that's the audio. I'll have to look into a headset of some type which is truly a shame.

wp_ss_20170726_0001.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs