Post pictures of your latest purchase

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I love good battery life. I bought a new battery for my 950xl off Walmart.com and it's an exact model Microsoft and all as the old one. Amazing how much a newer battery does for this 950xl. Over a day and 1/4 so far and still chugging.

s21yVni.jpg

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Don't have a pic yet, but I found a 1520 for 40 bucks. Those things are tanks. SR (Sunlight Readability) is much better managed on the Nokia branded phones than the 5th Gen Microsoft Lumias. I love the screen on it...It is a bit beat up on the body and the LCD is good but has some wear and use that can be seen (spots). Parts are so easy to find so I might restore it a bit...

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought a monitor desk mount for my standing desk. I connected it to my Yoga Book since it has HDMI out. Added a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to reduce the amount of wires. Beneath it I have my USB charging station. It's obviously slower than my desktop but still an enjoyable experience. This should fulfill all my quick computing needs while also giving me the flexibility to take my work anywhere through the house. I'm not crazy though, I didn't get rid of my desktop. I have a table downstairs that my Xbox One sits on. I moved the desktop next to it so all my gaming is in one spot.

IMG_20170730_092816.jpg

My original plan was to attach it to the actual desk but the pole isn't long enough to reach above the standing desk. Luckily, I was able to attach it to the standing desk but it was kind of wobbly so I placed a comic book box behind it. lol

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I would have never guessed this one. Congrats, I'm curious to hearing about your impressions somewhere.

So far so good. For being a "mid-range" device it sure does have a premium build quality. I'm still in the process of BlackBerry-izing it (Hub, Contacts & Launcher) so it'll be a while. We recently switched to Office 365 at work and I've totally forgotten my password so I won't be able to use it as a daily driver just yet. It's nice to have a dedicated camera button again so that's a welcome plus.

I'll be back with a more detailed mini-review when I have it up and running 100%.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. For being a "mid-range" device it sure does have a premium build quality. I'm still in the process of BlackBerry-izing it (Hub, Contacts & Launcher) so it'll be a while. We recently switched to Office 365 at work and I've totally forgotten my password so I won't be able to use it as a daily driver just yet. It's nice to have a dedicated camera button again so that's a welcome plus.

I'll be back with a more detailed mini-review when I have it up and running 100%.
Cool! I'd like to learn your impressions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720