Post pictures of your latest purchase

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool! I'd like to learn your impressions.

Quick impressions - this display is bright. I'm outside a lot so I'm usually near 100% all the time but I'm keeping this one at 60%. Major unexpected plus. It's also as slippery as Bernie Madoff even with a matte back. Case is on the way. Battery life was a concern due to the large FHD display and being only 2700 milliamps doesn't inspire confidence but the reviews were very favorable in this respect. It looks as if this will be a champ. It's only 9:45AM but I've already taken 16 phone calls and about a dozen emails and the meter is at 84%.

No lag to speak of but then again, I don't do graphic-intensive chores. Spent about 20 minutes using the poor man's Continuum (Remote Desktop via mirrored display) and it didn't get warm at all. The battery dropped 2% which is on par with an Elite x3 or Jade Primo on Continuum for that time span. I like Sony's Music app and their version of the photo app which they call Albums. I'd gladly ditch Play Music and Photos in half a heartbeat if I could. Speaking of music, I'm missing the Idol's speakers bigly. Don't get me wrong, this thing is very loud and you won't miss any calls or notifications unless you're on the floor at The Mansion in SoBe. But being a mono setup, the quality is not the greatest. In fact, it sucks yuuuuge. But if I can't have good quality front facing stereo speakers, at least the volume is there. I've had phones that suck at both so 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Nothing special to report on the camera front other than it's so nice to have a dedicated shutter button. I don't do selfies but it has a flash and OIS on the front snapper. I won't disrespect this fine setup on my old ugly mug.

Anyhoo, if anybody's interested in any specifics that I may not have touched on, you know where to find me.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Replacement 1520 back cover. Replacement display assembly coming next week.

6e7Y7zB.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Quick impressions - this display is bright. I'm outside a lot so I'm usually near 100% all the time but I'm keeping this one at 60%. Major unexpected plus. It's also as slippery as Bernie Madoff even with a matte back. Case is on the way. Battery life was a concern due to the large FHD display and being only 2700 milliamps doesn't inspire confidence but the reviews were very favorable in this respect. It looks as if this will be a champ. It's only 9:45AM but I've already taken 16 phone calls and about a dozen emails and the meter is at 84%.

No lag to speak of but then again, I don't do graphic-intensive chores. Spent about 20 minutes using the poor man's Continuum (Remote Desktop via mirrored display) and it didn't get warm at all. The battery dropped 2% which is on par with an Elite x3 or Jade Primo on Continuum for that time span. I like Sony's Music app and their version of the photo app which they call Albums. I'd gladly ditch Play Music and Photos in half a heartbeat if I could. Speaking of music, I'm missing the Idol's speakers bigly. Don't get me wrong, this thing is very loud and you won't miss any calls or notifications unless you're on the floor at The Mansion in SoBe. But being a mono setup, the quality is not the greatest. In fact, it sucks yuuuuge. But if I can't have good quality front facing stereo speakers, at least the volume is there. I've had phones that suck at both so 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Nothing special to report on the camera front other than it's so nice to have a dedicated shutter button. I don't do selfies but it has a flash and OIS on the front snapper. I won't disrespect this fine setup on my old ugly mug.

Anyhoo, if anybody's interested in any specifics that I may not have touched on, you know where to find me.
For those who like the Sony Music, Video and Gallery apps, there are dedicated XDA threads I can pass along links to. I use them (especially the Music app) all the time on non-Sony devices just fine...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Breffo Spiderpodium
Set it up in my car already. It is the tablet size version that I plan to use with the Lumia 1520 or Elite x3. But the thing can be manipulated so easily it could hold any phone or phablet up to 8 inches in size easily.
Is0YV6P.jpg

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Last week, I bought a white shell for my Lumia 735 off eBay. It arrived in the mail today and... it's the NFC-only shell for the 730, not the NFC+Qi wireless charging shell for the 735. I SWEAR there was a picture and description that said it was the WLC model. Anyway I can't return it so I'm pretty much stuck with it. :(

It's a very good knock-off. There are subtle hallmarks and details missing or different. Things like the larger microphone grill on the back, the slightly smaller buttons (not tactile and a little mushy when pressing it), the rubber gasket around the speaker grill is in the wrong position, lower quality NFC module, no model number or internal date of manufacture, and the matte finish is a little more rougher than the OG green and grey shells that came with my 735. Anyway I'll continue to use it.

I'm still on the lookout for the matte white and glossy orange CC-3086 shells for 735. Fonejoy has the white shell but it's too expensive and so is postage (which takes a while). Anyone care to recommend other respectable sellers with genuine stock?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it snappy? How do you like it so far? I've always been intrigued by that phone. I love Lg, had the G3 and that was great until it got burnt somehow. Is it better than the G6?
I love it. It is very fast. The built-in DAC is amazing and drives my high impedance Sony MDR-7506 headphones. I'm still in early stages of using the camera, but the results have been impressive so far.

I like the V20 better than the G6, since the V20 has a removable battery. I'm getting a 2nd battery in a couple days. I also like the form factor and design of the V20 better than that of the G6.

I plan to write an in-depth review of the V20 and post it on Android Central once I've tried all the features. I'll post a link so folks may see it.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20170818_192615.jpg

Finally got the federal inter-agency pass before the the price jumped from $10 to $80 bucks on the 28th of this month.
The wife got hers a couple of years ago...saves us 10-20 bucks for camping at Forest Service campgrounds and other agency facilities.

IMG_20170817_181702.jpg
New shades for fishing.
They're worth 4 bucks...I paid 20 Lol...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss