Post pictures of your latest purchase

stephanejap

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My shiny new OnePlus 5 after what feels like decades of Windows Phone (HTC Touch all the way to HP Elite X3)...
b9c82486399794f560dfa7d9195360d0.jpg

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Laura, are you familiar with Sheffield Labs. Back in the 80's, they were known for Direct to Disc LP's. They would take the original master disc and press a few directly. I have on called "I've got the Music in Me". It's great till this day. The DTD's normally had about 15 - 20 DB increase in Dynamic Range. Not sure how available they are now but if you come across one, give it a try.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Laura, are you familiar with Sheffield Labs. Back in the 80's, they were known for Direct to Disc LP's. They would take the original master disc and press a few directly. I have on called "I've got the Music in Me". It's great till this day. The DTD's normally had about 15 - 20 DB increase in Dynamic Range. Not sure how available they are now but if you come across one, give it a try.
Thanks! I'll see if I can find them. ☺️

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought the mid-range Lenovo Yoga 720. I've been thinking about finally upgrading to a more traditional laptop and this checks all the boxes.

Kaby Lake i5
128GB SSD
13.3 inch screen
USB-C 3.1 port
Thunderbolt port
USB 3.0 port
2-in-1
Fingerprint reader

That's plenty for what I need it for. I'm also thinking about getting the Wacom Bamboo Ink Stylus. I'm not sure if I'd use the pen feature all that much, but I found it as a bundle with 1 year of Office 365 Personal. The pen itself is already $60-$70 depending on where you look, so that seems like an excellent deal.

The laptop should arrive on Wednesday.

EDIT:

Yup, purchased the Stylus/Office 365 combo too.

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So the computer and stylus came in a day early. Awesome, right? Well, for the most part the computer has lived up to expectations. Screen is a little dim, even dimmer than my Lenovo Yoga Book, but I'll manage. Otherwise everything works excellent... exceeeept. The stylus comes with changeable nips. The very first time I went to change a nip - SNAP. It immediately breaks. Oh Wacom...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So the computer and stylus came in a day early. Awesome, right? Well, for the most part the computer has lived up to expectations. Screen is a little dim, even dimmer than my Lenovo Yoga Book, but I'll manage. Otherwise everything works excellent... exceeeept. The stylus comes with changeable nips. The very first time I went to change a nip - SNAP. It immediately breaks. Oh Wacom...

Aw, that sucks about it breaking :/ Good to hear that the computer has been good though.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Bummer the stylus broke. I hope it won't be too expensive to replace.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought two of the white ones. One is going in my bathroom. That's where I have all my thoughts and ideas as I start the day. Ha ha Now, I have something to help me get them down.

The other one is going in my classroom. Now, when my kids and I need a quick answer, I'll just ask Google. 😁

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
IMG_20171018_153134.jpg

Wowee!
America's fire pit from yer Home Depot...

I think the whole world has this fire pit :)
Even Paul Thurrott has this fire pit according to his Instagram pics Lol...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb