Post pictures of your latest purchase

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
More :)
We've been trying light up the yard after having the pool remodeled.
These were from Amazon...hope they last a while.
IMG_20171018_164607.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Purchased a Dell XPS 9560

IMG_20171023_155533.jpg

• Core i7 7700HQ / 2.8 GHz
  • Win 10 Pro 64-bit
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 512 GB SSD
  • 15.6" touchscreen 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD 4K)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Link_Dat_Ass.png

And by "purchased" I mean given to me as part of the IT department.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
New hoodie.
1b262dab0833001450b86a160af248f5.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
stuff dies... got this el-cheapo chinese-made universal remote for my old LG TV. Cost me an exorbitant (approx) US$3.90. LOL
.. and it works !!

74vwPZr.jpg

... !

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like someone has been enjoying it! How is it?

Oh it's nice. Been playing a little Halo 5 and Titanfall 2 and both games look great. Gonna play a little Forza 7 when I get some free time. Sadly, because the One X has been relocated to my TV and not the desk where it used to be, I can't attach my racing wheel to play Forza 7.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've used bigger phones for the past 5 years or so, so I was kind of worried about how I'd like it. But, as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I was hooked. Got the phone and the camera for $500, both new and sealed in their boxes. For that price, it's a steal and stellar device. The build quality, as I'm sure you've read, is absolutely amazing. I've never used a phone that felt this nice to hold. It's crazy! Performance is smooth and fast. I've used the camera maybe five times so far, and I've not had an issue with it. I'm on my fourth update, so I'm expecting things to keep getting better. Personally, I'm happy with it. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be a photo powerhouse, although, it's a perfectly fine shooter, so my expectations were in check. I used to be hugely critical of smartphone camera, but in reality, I'm not a photographer. I was getting caught up in the tech buzzwords and push for better and better cameras. That's cool and all, but most of the pictures I take get uploaded to OneDrive and forgotten about. 😂😂 Plus, my wife always breaks out her "real" camera when things need to be captured, and none of my smartphone pictures compare to her pics. So, for capturing cool moments and goofy things in my classroom, I'm totally satisfied. I only wish there were more cases for it. Battery life has been surprisingly good too. I'm at 47% at the moment. It's been off the charger since 5 AM this morning under normal use for me....email, reading the news a couple of times, music to and from work, checking WC/AC throughout the day, etc. It's a really nice phone. I suggest anybody interested should give it a go
Sorry for the long post. 😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I've used bigger phones for the past 5 years or so, so I was kind of worried about how I'd like it. But, as soon as I pulled it out of the box, I was hooked. Got the phone and the camera for $500, both new and sealed in their boxes. For that price, it's a steal and stellar device. The build quality, as I'm sure you've read, is absolutely amazing. I've never used a phone that felt this nice to hold. It's crazy! Performance is smooth and fast. I've used the camera maybe five times so far, and I've not had an issue with it. I'm on my fourth update, so I'm expecting things to keep getting better. Personally, I'm happy with it. I knew going into it that it wasn't going to be a photo powerhouse, although, it's a perfectly fine shooter, so my expectations were in check. I used to be hugely critical of smartphone camera, but in reality, I'm not a photographer. I was getting caught up in the tech buzzwords and push for better and better cameras. That's cool and all, but most of the pictures I take get uploaded to OneDrive and forgotten about. ???????????? Plus, my wife always breaks out her "real" camera when things need to be captured, and none of my smartphone pictures compare to her pics. So, for capturing cool moments and goofy things in my classroom, I'm totally satisfied. I only wish there were more cases for it. Battery life has been surprisingly good too. I'm at 47% at the moment. It's been off the charger since 5 AM this morning under normal use for me....email, reading the news a couple of times, music to and from work, checking WC/AC throughout the day, etc. It's a really nice phone. I suggest anybody interested should give it a go
Sorry for the long post. ??????

No need to apologize for the length, I'm glad that it's been good for you! I have been poking around the forums there on AC and seeing your name there (in the Essential Phone forums) had me very curious about what you thought about it.
Sometimes it is easy to get sucked into things that people say but in the end, as you experienced, it can be worth it to try it for yourself. That's a great deal wow! Have you tried out the camera (I mean the 360 one lol) yet?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just installed another update. Ha ha
Yeah, I've been hiding out here and at xda doing my research. Oddly enough, I found that a lot of people were pleased with the phone. That kind of scared me though. I was beginning to think that there were a lot of people posting good things just to make themselves feel better about buying an alpha test phone from a startup. 😂😂 I still might be correct on that one. Lol But I'm really digging it.
I took the 360 cam out of the box, stuck it on the phone, and immediately got an update notification. After that, I snapped a couple of pictures and a couple of videos, all indoors. So, they weren't incredible. I did get to see just how messy my living room was in 360 though, so there's that. I'm flying out to New York tomorrow, so I'll be testing it further there. Hopefully, it performs well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven