Post pictures of your latest purchase

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I know right? What are we doing to ourselves!

It's a hard but good problem to have. I hope you'll feel like you made the best choice. If we are similar at all, things that annoy you or can be an inconvenience will probably make the choice for you.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I went a little bit outside my comfort zone with this since I've not heard anything good about HTC lately. Man I was wrong. This is the U11 factory unlocked model and it is good. So far only one gripe and that's the screen brightness being a tad too dim for my tastes. The camera is sick, probably better than my S8+. More to come.

20180324_182215.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I went a little bit outside my comfort zone with this since I've not heard anything good about HTC lately. Man I was wrong. This is the U11 factory unlocked model and it is good. So far only one gripe and that's the screen brightness being a tad too dim for my tastes. The camera is sick, probably better than my S8+. More to come.

View attachment 138930
That's a cool looking device. I hope you like it. ☺️ How is the audio? HTC had been one of the best OEMs for audio at one time, but I haven't kept up with them lately. I like the clear case you got. What brand is it?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's a cool looking device. I hope you like it. How is the audio? HTC had been one of the best OEMs for audio at one time, but I haven't kept up with them lately. I like the clear case you got. What brand is it?
I had forgotten how good Boom Sound worked since it has been so long since I had the M8 for Windows.

I got a wallet case like I always do but it doesn't do justice to the color so I got the clear.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 138930

Congrats! I hope it serves you well. I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! I hope it serves you well. I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

At this point there isn't much to say other than it's a solid flagship device from a manufacturer that I wouldn't have considered based on what I had read. That says more about the lack of true journalism these days than it does about the product itself. HTC is in dire financial straits but that didn't stop them from building one hell of a device. As I mentioned before, the only personal gripe I have is the max screen brightness not being what I prefer. My senior project manager would probably love it because he has his phone set at about 25% brightness all the time. Maybe he's part owl, I don't know.

What I do know is that this phone is easily in the top 5 today. Even though battery life is excellent, a bigger capacity battery would put it in the "holy s**t!" category. It easily lasts one of my days but it has less left in the tank than say, my GS8+. Another concern is directed at HTC and not the device itself and that's security updates. It's still on the December 2017 patch which is ****-poor. My Windows phones are on March 2018.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
On sale!!! A new pair of trainers, walking pole and water pack...
m8UQLUt.jpg

... !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos