Post pictures of your latest purchase

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wife bought a new laptop. I never heard of the DY brand but it has a nice screen, lots of ports and seems fast enough with a 8th gen i5, 8GB DDR4 and an SSD.

WP_20190724_06_01_22_Rich cropped.jpg

yes, I know its an HP

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought some 256GB USB 3.1 flash drives to use as recovery drives (including a full image) of the boot drives of our PCs.

If you want to do something similar you might want different drives because:

(1) the metal is slick as wet soap and the tapered shapes make it virtually impossible to pick up from a flat surface. I had to slide them off the edge and catch them as they fell. LoL Probably can pick up if laid upside down.

(2) even Sharpie ink doesn't stick. So I'll need to use dabs of paint (hope that sticks) and memorize what paint goes with what PC (maybe put a dab of the paint on the PCs?).

(3) really bizarre bench-marking (see below). Same on all 3 on different PCs, different USB 3 controllers on a PC. Other USB 3 flash drives bench-mark fine all of those ways.

WP_20190724_06_03_40_Rich cropped.jpg

HDTune_Benchmark_Samsung_Flash_Drive.png

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My Prime Day purchase.
079ad8a237379660e0c11798abde8d3b.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally.

Interestingly enough, I put in on my wrist and felt "meh". This might one of those "it'll grow on me purchases". By comparison, the S3 classic felt like "yes!" when I put in on the wrist.

Review is coming later. 20190809_190510.jpeg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Finally.

Interestingly enough, I put in on my wrist and felt "meh". This might one of those "it'll grow on me purchases". By comparison, the S3 classic felt like "yes!" when I put in on the wrist.

Review is coming later. View attachment 141162
Initial impressions show there isn't that much difference between this and the S3 classic. The improvements are subtle, but welcomed. It feels and looks flatter and wider than the S3 classic, which feels narrower but higher on the wrist. I do prefer the styling of the S3 classic though.

Fossil though from a design perspective, kills these two. Those "sit well" on my wrist, having that premium weighted feeling. A Gen 3 Fossil Q Explorist with a rotating bezel would be killer as F.

Good with the purchase. If I was still staying with the 20mm straps I would have gotten the black version.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Excellent! I hope you have better luck with this one.
Thanks. I'm waiting for the nano coating I bought (that in theory works for cell phone and tablet screens) to try on it to see about the water resistance. In the meantime, I'll use it as normal.

That's my biggest knock with the alta line was that it was lim, but never water resistant.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo Smart Clock! Seems a bit silly, I know, but Best Buy had it on sale for $49 plus I had an additional $5 credit. Solid timing as the sound on my other Google speaker died out about two weeks ago. it was an Insignia speaker I got for free but I liked that it had an LCD screen so I could quickly check the time. The Lenovo should make for a good replacement since it too has an LCD screen.

20190817_185431.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo Smart Clock! Seems a bit silly, I know, but Best Buy had it on sale for $49 plus I had an additional $5 credit. Solid timing as the sound on my other Google speaker died out about two weeks ago. it was an Insignia speaker I got for free but I liked that it had an LCD screen so I could quickly check the time. The Lenovo should make for a good replacement since it too has an LCD screen.

View attachment 141216
That's a cool looking clock.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's alright. Screen could stand to be a lot better, especially given the price. But I did get it for a fraction of the normal cost so I don't want to complain too much. I'm also not impressed with the speaker quality, but I also knew that before buying it. This is more of a thing one buys to have... well... an alarm clock with the added bonus of being a smart device. :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's alright. Screen could stand to be a lot better, especially given the price. But I did get it for a fraction of the normal cost so I don't want to complain too much. I'm also not impressed with the speaker quality, but I also knew that before buying it. This is more of a thing one buys to have... well... an alarm clock with the added bonus of being a smart device. :)
It sounds like it's worthwhile, since you got it at a discounted price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre