Post pictures of your latest purchase

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Not sophisticated enough (AKA too lazy) to do coffee and hot chocolate the old school way. It fits the machine we have just fine and helps to cut down on the waste. Now I just need one of those super long coffee spoons. View attachment 142347
I have a single cup coffee maker that takes K-Cups or ground coffee (has permanent gold filter for ground). I use scoops of ground coffee every day and get various K-cups if I have guests. Now I'm wondering if I should get these for my self. Would be nice to throw the cups in the dishwasher and replace any if they get too stained for my tastes. I wonder if I could also pre-fill these to speed up the morning routine without the grounds drying out. Would appreciate knowing how pre-filling works if you do that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a single cup coffee maker that takes K-Cups or ground coffee (has permanent gold filter for ground). I use scoops of ground coffee every day and get various K-cups if I have guests. Now I'm wondering if I should get these for my self. Would be nice to throw the cups in the dishwasher and replace any if they get too stained for my tastes. I wonder if I could also pre-fill these to speed up the morning routine without the grounds drying out. Would appreciate knowing how pre-filling works if you do that.
From what I'm seeing - and I am NO COFFEE expert - using the fine ground doesn't work as well because you need a filter. I tried some fine coffee I had today and I think I put too much in and water went through too easily, giving it a weaker brew. I'll try about 50% tomorrow as see how it goes.

Either way, I'm going for medium ground coffees next round. I likely will have to try the paper filters as I want to use hot chocolate mix with this too.

I supposed you could go prefilled. These were cheap on Amazon $11 for this box so you may be able to test them out. They also have the gold filter ones too.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This Galaxy Book2 has really grown on me. Having “always connected” is a luxury I’ve never had with a PC. It’s well after lunchtime and I unplugged it from the charger last night. No Surface Pro was giving me this kind of freedom from battery anxiety. I have no intention of opting out of S Mode for the foreseeable future. Oh that display. IMG_0261.JPGIMG_0262.JPGIMG_0263.JPG

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This Galaxy Book2 has really grown on me. Having “always connected” is a luxury I’ve never had with a PC. It’s well after lunchtime and I unplugged it from the charger last night. No Surface Pro was giving me this kind of freedom from battery anxiety. I have no intention of opting out of S Mode for the foreseeable future. Oh that display. View attachment 142400View attachment 142401View attachment 142402
Does it allow for you to use the track pad as a Qi charger?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This Galaxy Book2 has really grown on me. Having “always connected” is a luxury I’ve never had with a PC. It’s well after lunchtime and I unplugged it from the charger last night. No Surface Pro was giving me this kind of freedom from battery anxiety. I have no intention of opting out of S Mode for the foreseeable future. Oh that display. View attachment 142400View attachment 142401View attachment 142402
It sounds great! Is S mode meeting your needs so you don't need to change it? It seems like no one really talks about S mode.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It sounds great! Is S mode meeting your needs so you don't need to change it? It seems like no one really talks about S mode.
S Mode is not the same from when I first used it on the OG Surface Go. As I had mentioned on another post, I was able to run a pair of Microsoft .exe files (Office 365 and the old, deprecated Windows Journal). On the Go I had to switch out of S Mode to get Journal installed. When you get down to it, it's not that different than using a Chromebook in that most of what you're working on is done with the browser. Now with Chromium Edge, Store Apps are an afterthought. The only ones I have are Xodo for PDF inking (although Edge has caught up in features) and Perfect PDF Combine for, duh, combining several PDFs into one file. I do very little media consumption and zero photo/video editing so I really don't need the horsepower. What I do need is battery life and this thing delivers in spades. I never realized how convenient LTE is and now I can't live without it. Even with Instant Tethering on my Pixel Slate, it could be a process sometimes with failed connections or worse, dropped connections in the middle of sending an email with 20MB of attachments.

Of course, my use case scenario is not commonplace but there must be others like me or this would've never seen the light of day.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome battery life! That's the first question I had about the Galaxy Book 2,how is the battery?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That's awesome battery life! That's the first question I had about the Galaxy Book 2,how is the battery?

It’s like nothing I’ve ever experienced on anything wearing a Windows PC badge. I had it originally set for best performance due to fears of the Snapdragon chip not being able to pass muster but those fears are unfounded and I have it set midway. On the better battery setting it shows 14 hours of life but my old eyes can’t deal with 20% brightness. Even though that falls short of the 20 hour claim, that’s insane for a PC. 10-11 hours with LTE is more than enough in my book.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Wish we had done this before. Ordered a Bio Bidet BB-800 Prestige Bidet Seat for every WC except one we virtually never use. Good design. Not a lot of models with high end functions and a fixed control panel. I don't like a hand held or wall mounted remote.

Engineering is excellent with a few possible exceptions and maybe I am just missing the reason for. One is the T to route water to the seat.

Toto puts the T between the normal water line to the tank and the tank. So only one existing hose end is disturbed and a very short additional hose goes between the T at the tank and the seat.

BioBidet, puts the T at the shut-off and completely replaces the original water line to the tank and adds a line to the seat. So, both ends of the shutoff to tank hose are disturbed and they have to provide a much longer hose to the seat and potentially have the new one not long enough. Not to mention that some homes, such as this 1987 vintage one did not originally have removable connections at the shutoff although that was changed many years ago.

I wrote to them asking the reason for the more expensive/higher risk design.

On the plus side, the mechanical lever that release the seat from the catch plate also automatically drains the heated water tank into the bowl. Many brands require extra non intuitive steps and turning the seat to a certain orientation.

The water temperature and seat temperatures can be set so high as to be uncomfortable which is a lot better than not getting as hot as you'd like.

The air drying might require some patience since obviously it takes longer to air dry but if you are patient, air dry means your hands never touch anything but the control panel. So, you can laugh at any toilet paper shortage.

As with anything mechanical, there is no such thing as too quiet. You can hear the water pump when the nozzle is being used. But no more annoying than say the sounds a refrigerator ice maker makes; not really loud but makes you wonder what all the different components of the sound are.

Got a little bit of a scare because the factory shipping boxes say in big letters "do not turn upside down". UPS left them all upside down. But they all seem to work. I've also written the manufacturer asking why the box shouldn't be turned upside down. Now I can't stop thinking about the joke about the goblet you must always drink out of one side.

I knew this model did not have multiple memories for positioning the nozzles but we knew we didn't need that.

I haven't plugged one of these into my Killowatt yet to calculate what the annual cost will be to heat the water and maintain the seat temperature to our preference.

It's a little annoying that no models I'm aware of have a wide selection of colors and many (like this one) are only available in one color. Toto for example has a few colors, but not the color of our toilet, sink, tub not to mention wanting close to two hundred extra for anything but white.

WP_20200620_03_09_37_Rich__highres.shortexp cropped.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool! What colour is it? I'm glad you like it.
Got the black one for me and the pink/silver/gradient/whatever for the boss (wife). Yes, I've finally pried her away from her iPhone and she's thrilled with all the neat things she can do now. She absolutely LOVES the Your Phone app. Getting pictures from her phone to her PC is a snap compared to her iDevices. Happy wife, happy life!!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got the black one for me and the pink/silver/gradient/whatever for the boss (wife). Yes, I've finally pried her away from her iPhone and she's thrilled with all the neat things she can do now. She absolutely LOVES the Your Phone app. Getting pictures from her phone to her PC is a snap compared to her iDevices. Happy wife, happy life!!

Wow, I'm amazed that you were able to do that successfully for her! Nicee!

I'm sure the world of fast charging is a shock for her lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb