Post pictures of your latest purchase

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Quick update on my recent acquisitions. The OnePlus is every bit as good as a Samsung costing more. The camera is not Pixel quality but definitely in the neighborhood. The macro module in lieu of a telephoto is actually what drew my interest to begin with as I need it for work moreso than bringing mountains closer. Those Florida mountain ranges are breathless though. My only noticeable minus so far is battery life with the refresh rate set to 90 hertz. The impact is substantial so I've dialed it back to 60. TBH, I don't really notice the difference.

As for the other new addition to the stable, the Galaxy Book2 was everything I hoped for. That is, until Windows Update knocked me out of S Mode without my knowledge or consent. My first clue was apps started crashing and I started to poke around. I saw some forum posts on other sites that made mention of this so I went to Systems and lo and behold, I'm now on 10 Home. This sucks donkey's ......never mind.

More investigation is warranted but I'm not exactly hopeful. Pissed yes, hopeful no.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Quick update on my recent acquisitions. The OnePlus is every bit as good as a Samsung costing more. The camera is not Pixel quality but definitely in the neighborhood. The macro module in lieu of a telephoto is actually what drew my interest to begin with as I need it for work moreso than bringing mountains closer. Those Florida mountain ranges are breathless though. My only noticeable minus so far is battery life with the refresh rate set to 90 hertz. The impact is substantial so I've dialed it back to 60. TBH, I don't really notice the difference.

As for the other new addition to the stable, the Galaxy Book2 was everything I hoped for. That is, until Windows Update knocked me out of S Mode without my knowledge or consent. My first clue was apps started crashing and I started to poke around. I saw some forum posts on other sites that made mention of this so I went to Systems and lo and behold, I'm now on 10 Home. This sucks donkey's ......never mind.

More investigation is warranted but I'm not exactly hopeful. Pissed yes, hopeful no.

Ahh I hope this will fix

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I decided it was time to upgrade my WFH monitor. Went from Lenovo 24" 1440p to Lenovo 32" 1440p. I was going to go to 4k, but I figured I'd just end up where was, running 125% fonts so I can read, and not utilizing the extra resolution, and franky didn't want to spend the extra $100 - $150. So far it's great, and has just as good of image quality as my 24" did, just with lower PPI. This isn't my main work desk shown, it isn't big enough for this monitor, it's just where I set it up temporarily to check it out before cleaning up my main desk to make room for the larger monitor.
f68a60618f5673a487a0c7ae008c7bd1.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I decided it was time to upgrade my WFH monitor. Went from Lenovo 24" 1440p to Lenovo 32" 1440p. I was going to go to 4k, but I figured I'd just end up where was, running 125% fonts so I can read, and not utilizing the extra resolution, and franky didn't want to spend the extra $100 - $150. So far it's great, and has just as good of image quality as my 24" did, just with lower PPI. This isn't my main work desk shown, it isn't big enough for this monitor, it's just where I set it up temporarily to check it out before cleaning up my main desk to make room for the larger monitor.
f68a60618f5673a487a0c7ae008c7bd1.jpg
That monitor looks awesome!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally broke down and bought Start10 and Curtains from Stardock. So far they're easy to use and work well.

This looks simple in comparison to the other themes available.

Capture.jpg

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
The Amazon Echo Microwave was delivered less than an hour ago. Already setup, in fact, it set up itself. I plugged it in, moved the empty box to another room, when I got back, it said it was ready to go. One feature I really like, the clock set itself. Won't have to worry about the wrong time anymore. Now I wonder if the air fryer is as bad as the reviews say.

item.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Amazon Echo Microwave was delivered less than an hour ago. Already setup, in fact, it set up itself. I plugged it in, moved the empty box to another room, when I got back, it said it was ready to go. One feature I really like, the clock set itself. Won't have to worry about the wrong time anymore. Now I wonder if the air fryer is as bad as the reviews say.

View attachment 142448
That's really cool! I hope it cooks as well as it sets itself up.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Old fashioned shaving soap that works great and smells great. It reminds me of the scent of Ivory soap, which is also something old fashioned that I love.
3df0d8d216da71af688fc58dbf144109.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
New home for my most used tools. Dumping 30 year old Craftsman that got a lot of abuse being hauled from track to track around the US. This US General 26" wide by 22" deep is SO much better built plus thicker steel, powder coat instead of paint, drawers that sort of lock when fully closed, 22 vs 16 inch deep drawers, quality mats in every drawer, etc.. Gravity helped unload it. But at almost 200 lbs. was a bear to get upright after installing the 5" wheels. Now I have to remove all the rust proofing (uncleaned grease) from some of the tools before transferring them. LoL.

WP_20200629_20_05_58_Rich__highres.longexp cropped.jpg

Some of contents:

Drawer 1 - metric wrenches and Vice-Grips.jpg

Drawer 2 - SAE wrenches, cresent wrenches, torque wrenches.jpg

Drawer 3 - Misc.jpg

Drawer 4 - Pliers, large wrenches.jpg

Drawer 5 - extra ratchets, extensions, adapters, etc...jpg

Drawer 6 - hammers, pipe wrenches, seldon used sockets.jpg

Last edited:

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 640 battery ready go boom!

(that battery is thicker than most phone nowadays :grin:)

IMG_20200629_083813610_HDR.jpg

Yes, I've been using this phone for several years, basically since release. Even after moving to Android, I kept it in my car and used it as a Bluetooth MP3 player. But now the battery is in the trash before it explodes. I thought about buying another battery but I don't think I will. I have a Lumia 520 that's barely been used so that will become my new MP3 player. The 640 can retire to that ol' closet in the sky.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 battery ready go boom!

(that battery is thicker than most phone nowadays :grin:)

View attachment 142458

Yes, I've been using this phone for several years, basically since release. Even after moving to Android, I kept it in my car and used it as a Bluetooth MP3 player. But now the battery is in the trash before it explodes. I thought about buying another battery but I don't think I will. I have a Lumia 520 that's barely been used so that will become my new MP3 player. The 640 can retire to that ol' closet in the sky.

That's brilliant that you use it this way! It has held strong for you.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
OnePlus 8 in Cosmic Brownie, I mean Interstellar Glow. Is it an upgrade from the V50? Not in all respects, but man it's crazy fast and extremely customizable. And security updates should be more than twice a year like LG seems to manage. I'm sure I'll miss the SD card and headphones jack at some point.
f02883e1df74a1b91fc93ddcc0f2f9e0.jpg

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OnePlus 8 in Cosmic Brownie, I mean Interstellar Glow. Is it an upgrade from the V50? Not in all respects, but man it's crazy fast and extremely customizable. And security updates should be more than twice a year like LG seems to manage. I'm sure I'll miss the SD card and headphones jack at some point.
Welcome to the club. It's a nice piece for sure. Not quite superstar level, though not by a whole lot, but definitely not superstar price. This might be a keeper for the missus and me. Well, till the next shiny hook I see dangling in the water.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That looks really nice. Have fun with it.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Once I'm sure I'm keeping it, I will buy a clear case to use once in a while to show the color. My initial case is more about protection - a Spigen Tough Armor. I've been really liking their cases for my last few phones.
I thought there was always a clear case inside a OnePlus box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077