Post pictures of your latest purchase

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
She has the Music variant, and she loves it...
I think its several notches above my Charge2..... most importantly the builtin GPS

I've got the music variant too! It's a great fitness tool for tracking sleep, steps, and runs. And I think it looks pretty nice too.

Attachments

• 129546.jpg
    129546.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 7

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
86801dc4562c85c83849c86b6a4f802e.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That Galaxy Chromebook is stunning in red and is ridiculously light. The fit and finish is like no other Chromebook I've ever seen, but it's still a Chromebook and I wasn't going to chance that horrible battery life (4K resolution be damned). Still no LTE so I got the Surface Pro X instead with the kb and pen. Saved a bunch with price matching courtesy of Microsoft and this weekend was tax-free for educational items. Review forthcoming.

20200808_165404.jpeg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That Galaxy Chromebook is stunning in red and is ridiculously light. The fit and finish is like no other Chromebook I've ever seen, but it's still a Chromebook and I wasn't going to chance that horrible battery life (4K resolution be damned). Still no LTE so I got the Surface Pro X instead with the kb and pen. Saved a bunch with price matching courtesy of Microsoft and this weekend was tax-free for educational items. Review forthcoming.

View attachment 142519
That looks really nice. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to your review.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That looks really nice. I hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to your review.
It's hard to give this a proper review because frankly, there's not much like it. WOA is in its infancy so there's not much to compare it to. The Galaxy Book2 this is replacing is the closest but they're different animals. Windows Hello works much better and quicker than the fingerprint scanner on the Samsung. I'm not one of those wacko kids who're always raging against bezels but in this case, the smaller bezels are clearly an advantage as Microsoft was able to put a bigger display within the same amount of real estate. Alas, size doesn't matter when it comes to display quality. The GB2 trounces any Surface Pro out there, it's that good.

The typing experience goes to the X. I'm a two-finger typist on my best day but I really like the travel on this Type Cover as opposed to the Samsung kb. While the trackpad is roughly the same size, I prefer this one as the GB2's has some friction to it. Your fingers glide quite nicely on the Microsoft trackpad. The Slim Pen vs. the S Pen is a wash. The onscreen feel goes to the Pro X while the additional goodies Samsung baked into the S Pen are nicer. Software-wise, it's Windows 10 Home so move along, nothing to see here. Up until now, I really haven't noticed any advantage of 8GB of RAM over the 4GB on the GB2. I know it's there, I just haven't experienced any occasion where it would become apparent. So to sum it up, I paid $1,000 for a bigger display, more convenient biometric recognition and a much better keyboard/trackpad combination. Works for me.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Getting ready for the Pixel 4a.
My favourite Ringke knock off for Pixel devices. I've had this version for OG Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3XL and Pixel 3a.
88dc4684a235e94f6ae74598b2e4ad56.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
One of our rescue dogs is too old to climb the stairs anymore so they are all now just first floor dogs. Hope I'm not breaking any laws using a child gate for dogs. We don't even latch it since they don't seem to be able to defeat it. They can't push it open because that would trip the latch. Maybe if two got together and one pulled on it against the spring while the other went thru the gap but they aren't team players.

WP_20200813_15_57_51_Rich__highres.flash.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite

IMG_20200817_141700451.jpg

Unlike most of my purchases, I gotta admit, I kind of didn't want to buy this. I'm currently rocking a Motorola One Zoom which is a great mid-range phone. I even got the nice bronze finish. Even with 4GB of RAM, the Zoom checks all of the boxes. Good cameras. Good screen. Decent processor. yadda yadda.

But...

I've turned my Go 2 into my daily driver. (My main PC is a Lenovo Legion but isn't my daily driver.) One of the more productive aspects I've been using is Your Phone. And guess who has an exclusive deal with Microsoft that makes Your Phone way better... >.<

I wanted a nice Samsung phone but I also didn't want to break the bank. Because I had $250 in Best Buy credit - money I've been sitting on for a while because I traded in my Pro 7 i3 - the s10 Lite seemed like a good option. Good cameras. Good screen. Supports Links to Windows. I should be fine. Still, I don't feel like I was done with my Zoom, but it irks me that there's a key feature that I just don't get.

Side note: Even though I don't have the spare cash, I for sure thought about putting a Duo on credit instead of getting the s10. :evil::evil:

My Zoom is just coming up on a year old and still works great. I'll probably ask my girl if she wants it to replace her aging Pixel 3.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Something a bit different. I realized I need to sharpen my lawn mower blades and the sharpening wheel for my drill sucked. So I searched and found a great deal on an old Craftsman grinder on a stand. It looks really old (it is) and not as perty as me (ha!), but it works like a dream. It was hardly ever used and the older guy was happy to have it find a new home. I love finding deals on older tools that are still 100% usable and just as good as new stuff.

dtDJeNZ.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
TV in my home office decided to go schizophrenic with the picture, so time for a new one. If you need an awesome competitor to Amazon and others for stuff - try Abt (.com) out of the north Chicagoland area. They price matched and shipped overnight - it was awesome! I used to live up in the Chi area and I totally forgot about how amazing that store is to visit (it is really an experience). Anyone up in that area knows what I'm talking about. :)

VDbkcBp.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99