Post pictures of your latest purchase

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Not quite a purchase but got these two lovelies a few days back.
My old schoolmate, like me, are into scaled plastic models. He gifted me a couple of vouchers for coffee mugs, and I get to choose the planes that goes on the mugs.
3bf4fe0b5dbbc11b0afea3d4b44c016f.jpg

Gonna enjoy my coffee when watching Liverpool games on TV

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
My old schoolmate, like me, are into scaled plastic models. He gifted me a couple of vouchers for coffee mugs, and I get to choose the planes that goes on the mugs.

Ooh very nice mugs!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

In my past life when I was getting my FAA ticket I used to keep the Revell company afloat buying models. My favorites, still to this day, were the F4 Phantom and the A-10 Warthog. Kinda tells you how long ago this was. I still hate Reagan for the whole PATCO fiasco and firing all the controllers.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
In my past life when I was getting my FAA ticket I used to keep the Revell company afloat buying models. My favorites, still to this day, were the F4 Phantom and the A-10 Warthog. Kinda tells you how long ago this was. I still hate Reagan for the whole PATCO fiasco and firing all the controllers.
My favorite airplane model I built was the A10. Granted I didn't build many, because I couldn't afford to. That and an F-16 are the only planes I still have. They've both lost some pieces that I haven't reattached, but they're mostly intact. A friend from high school also built one and painted it in camo (I wasn't so talented..) - he gave me crap for painting mine gray, but you know what? Every one I've ever seen in person at an airshow was gray! I swear I built an *scratches head* F-19 stealth (back when they were guessing what the F117 stealth fighter looked like) in flat black, but if I did, it disappeared during a move. I also have the remains of an AH-64 that I'd like to reassemble if all of the pieces are still there.. hard to say since it's gotten tossed around the basement shelves. The model cars I still have are locked away in a metal cabinet for safekeeping, in case I ever finally buy a display case for all of my models and die cast cars.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The Harrier is very cool and very loud. I've seen it at air shows, and it has a very unique sound as well as the VSTOL.
The Harrier was really the star of the movie True Lies (Schwarzenegger), it stole the show!!
I grew up looking up to the skies to catch a glimpse of planes flying past. Back in the 70s, then Royal Australian Air Force had a base nearby. We could identify aircraft by the sound of the engines. Granted, there couldn't have been more than a dozen different type of planes (and choppers) then; and the public wasn't terribly bothered by low-flying military aircraft. It was exciting to hear and experience a mach one sonic boom!!
There was also the regular wargames with the Brits, Australian, Singaporean and Malaysian air forces. Managed to see some Harriers, F111s, Buccaneer, Hawks etc, and two huge craft...the Nimrod & the very spectacular cold War V-bomber, Vulcan. What a sight.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I remembered Rue's advice about bad webcams and after some research, I found that this was the best, inexpensive one. In these times, it's super popular so I was thankful to find one.
I'll see what happens with the Lenovo laptop but this is amazing. It's even better than the "HD" camera on my original laptop.
2bfcd80e52e13ed213b5700edc4cbaff.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
OK it's not tech but it's darn spicy!!! ... I'll need this when I get the late night munchies
9214645552cbbbbc926b1402c749fe13.jpg

The curry noodles is spectacular!!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Dell - 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR (Model [FONT=&quot]S3220DGF)

[/FONT]
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

20201031_163349.jpg

This was 100% a splurge. I didn't need a new monitor but I did want to upgrade to something with 120Hz and HDR. Price was the main thing stopping me because prices for QHD monitors are still insane (and $329 isn't exactly cheap, either). But this seemed like a good deal, especially since other places were still selling it for the original price. Curved is kinda weird. I hope it works good for gaming, which is going to be the monitor's main purpose.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Dell - 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR (Model [FONT=&quot]S3220DGF)

[/FONT]
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

View attachment 142758

This was 100% a splurge. I didn't need a new monitor but I did want to upgrade to something with 120Hz and HDR. Price was the main thing stopping me because prices for QHD monitors are still insane (and $329 isn't exactly cheap, either). But this seemed like a good deal, especially since other places were still selling it for the original price. Curved is kinda weird. I hope it works good for gaming, which is going to be the monitor's main purpose.
Nice. You really don't even notice the curve after a while. I got a 32" QHD Lenovo a while back, and after a day or two, I didn't even notice the curve.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Moved house last week, when the weather was nice and cool and rainy... But now it has turn blistering, we are suffocating in thick humidity.
The old house was probably built some 55yrs ago, ventilation not one of its strong architectural strong points. It gets really stuff inside

b470a927f18c947c001e3e87724476a1.jpg

Because of Covid, roadblocks have been setup, many can't drive across district boundaries. Might take a few days before I can get the AC installed
Meanwhile... I bought one more of these as well
de7aeea7a169ad680791ccf3b2acd061.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I remembered Rue's advice about bad webcams and after some research, I found that this was the best, inexpensive one. In these times, it's super popular so I was thankful to find one.
I'll see what happens with the Lenovo laptop but this is amazing. It's even better than the "HD" camera on my original laptop.
2bfcd80e52e13ed213b5700edc4cbaff.jpg

Decided to return it since my lighting situation slightly changed for the better (thanks to the bulb that died!) and I learned how to improve the picture on Zoom in the actual program. I didn't need this anymore but I recommend this to anyone looking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo