Post pictures of your latest purchase

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Dell - 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor with HDR (Model [FONT=&quot]S3220DGF)

[/FONT]
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-32-led-curved-qhd-freesync-monitor-with-hdr/6375331.p?skuId=6375331

View attachment 142758

This was 100% a splurge. I didn't need a new monitor but I did want to upgrade to something with 120Hz and HDR. Price was the main thing stopping me because prices for QHD monitors are still insane (and $329 isn't exactly cheap, either). But this seemed like a good deal, especially since other places were still selling it for the original price. Curved is kinda weird. I hope it works good for gaming, which is going to be the monitor's main purpose.
Congratulations! Have fun with it. Let us know how it works for gaming.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
2018 Honda CRV EXL AWD

549317dac7285d3e75b06d4eb61558f6.jpg
Congratulations! That's a very nice car.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Moved house last week, when the weather was nice and cool and rainy... But now it has turn blistering, we are suffocating in thick humidity.
The old house was probably built some 55yrs ago, ventilation not one of its strong architectural strong points. It gets really stuff inside

b470a927f18c947c001e3e87724476a1.jpg

Because of Covid, roadblocks have been setup, many can't drive across district boundaries. Might take a few days before I can get the AC installed
Meanwhile... I bought one more of these as well
de7aeea7a169ad680791ccf3b2acd061.jpg
Finally the CMCO is relaxed, and I'm getting the aircon installed in about four days time. Luckily we had many days of cooling rain lately, the heat at night hasn't been that umbearable

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Two comments: (1) This is a limited run of non-black and reviews warn people might not like that they aren't black (2) I can confirm they are dishwasher safe but even pots that don't make that claim have never hurt my dishwasher - if anything the dishwasher hurt them.

20201113_191804 cropped.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
That set looks very nice. I like the colour. Happy cooking with them.
Color was 1 selling point, 2nd was I really like Circulon but only had a smaller, older, plainer set. But a big attraction was the straining pans. Was a big let down though. I couldn't see any straining at all; maybe its isometric and hard to see since they have no facial expression.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Color was 1 selling point, 2nd was I really like Circulon but only had a smaller, older, plainer set. But a big attraction was the straining pans. Was a big let down though. I couldn't see any straining at all; maybe its isometric and hard to see since they have no facial expression.
Johnny Carson would be proud, if he weren't dead.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Finally the CMCO is relaxed, and I'm getting the aircon installed in about four days time. Luckily we had many days of cooling rain lately, the heat at night hasn't been that umbearable
Oooh... Talk about slooooooooow. Four days wait turn into almost two weeks. But its done, installed, up and making everyone smiling!!
ea8bfa37aedf005199056f1fc87422e8.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
~14,000 total 4k Lumens for the garage. On sale at Costco for $19 each.

Not installed yet, pic is them on the floor making sure they link and work correctly before installing them.

Shop lights.jpg

Downside: Linked but each still has to respond independently to the remote if you use it. So, you need to make sure they have ALL acknowledged any command (slight momentary change in brightness before you stop pressing the button. So, to turn the lights off with the remote if you don't press long enough you might turn just one or two off. Then when you press it again, those turn back on and the others turn off. LoL. Guess it would be too much to expect for the ones that are linked to get commands from the first rather than any remote. This way means any remote commands any nearby fixture. I can imagine a real comedy if someone had groups of these in different parts of a garage/shop that you wanted to operate independently.

I have no intention of using a remote. They will be on a wall switch and always maximum brightness when on. No motion sensing off or on; I did have to turn those off with the remote before throwing it in a drawer.

Last edited:

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Not actually a purchase, unless I count the value of my labor. Got these today from work. Sound pretty good.
bc6525dce4aa4642186ddf5b526ef708.jpg
It didn't take long to experience one of the main drawbacks I expected. I was "running" up the basement stairs and the left one fell out of my ear, into the void between the stairs and the shelves next to them, and rolled under the stairs. I had just enough room to squeeze back there to retrieve it and blow the dust off of it. Better get the drywall on that wall before that happens again.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
MacBook Pro with M1 chip.

20201127_121211.jpg

Not mine. We got it for work. I spent about an hour installing various work apps to see what does/doesn't work before letting someone else take it home for testing. Not a Mac fan, obvi, but the hype is real. I had to install Rosetta but it felt like I was using native apps after Rosetta was done translating them. IMO, Big Sur is a nice visual upgrade over Catalina. Plus that CPU is crazy fast. I was genuinely surprised at how quickly things opened/closed. Some really impressive stuff. Makes me wish the Pro X wasn't being held back by Qualcomm because while Apple is bringing the M1, Microsoft is getting insignificant spec bumps with the SQ2.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. For a long time I couldn't get one of those (terrible) digital picture frames for any price.

Now I'm being buried with free ones.

I returned shipped the one from the above post and got a refund already. Weeks ago, I got a refund on the one they lost in transit. Yesterday I got a refund on the one that showed still unshipped despite a later order already arriving. That refund came with an email saying I didn't have to return it. I sent an email back saying thanks for nothing [/paraphrasing]. 5 minutes ago, I got texts saying both (the one they lost in July, and the one that never shipped but I could keep) are arriving today via Amazon delivery.

So, now I have two great free X-mas gifts to give someone I'd like to stick with a bad product. I will expect an equivalent dollar-value gift in return. Bwahahah.

And here they are:

View attachment 142599

View attachment 142600

Sounds like a white elephant stock pile...

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Idol 4S' battery is on its last legs. Battery is not user replaceable and a Windows phone is not worth paying a pro to put a new battery in.

I scored A Samsung S20 FE 5g for free via a pre-order in September with a new line for my sister on my T-Mobile plan. So was looking for a large screen Android for my wife that has good specs and at least 3 years of Android updates. I liked the Samsung A51 but like most Samsungs was pricy compared to competition with similar performance but those had maybe 1 year of updates at best. We keep phones a long time so 3 years of Android updates (and 5 of security) was important.

I watched for sales as my wife's Idol's battery kept getting worse and finally gave up and ordered an A51 from Walmart for $365. Of course that meant that Amazon would lower the price for the 5G version from $500 to $400 the next day. The 5G also has a much more powerful processor and a bigger battery, so I ordered it and returned the Walmart non 5G still in the shipping envelope. And just as naturally, Amazon lowered the price of the 5G to $350 the next day where it has stayed. So I ended up returning the $400 one still in the shipping box.

I don't know why but I've returned more things in the last 3 months than I did in the previous 5 years! And if I had waited, it turns out I could get another S20 FE 5G on Cyber Monday for $340 ($99 for the phone with a new line for 24 months. A new line is just $10/mo since I have 7 already on a veteran plan, so $99 up front and $240 over 24 months and never use the line. But I wouldn't stick a store with a used A51 return. I feel bad enough sticking Walmart and Amazon for the shipping of the unopened phones even if it was their own fault for taking a day too long to lower a price. LoL

20201128_154719 cropped and resized.jpg

20201128_154430 cropped and resized.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a white elephant stock pile...
Its crazy. I gave one to my sister for her birthday. But she knows me too well. She said "Knowing you, I'll bet you got this for free, right?" I had to confess. So, I'm expecting a similarly priced gift for my next birthday. :unhappy: Turns out I also pissed my other sister off because I offered to make the gift from both of us so the one receiving it wouldn't think I went overboard. So the other sister felt the need to scramble and rush order something else for her. Me, I can live with a cheapskate rep.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss