Post pictures of your latest purchase

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Somehow and at some time, we were tricked into buying a Sunbeam brand shoe rack that would spontaneously disassemble if you bumped it or looked at it funny. Flimsy aluminum tubes that just stuck into holes in plastic end plates only slightly more viscous than silly putty. Browsing Costco, spotted a wood replacement.

Joke of a rack:

Clipboard01.jpg

Decent replacement:

20210103_085440.jpg

20210102_112500.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The Chinese sellers on eBay are getting really creative to get around the free shipping to USA. I am guessing the USA-China trade relations are at an all time low and I guess if you buy something from China you have to pay a fee (some sellers on Walmart.com charge that). So this case came to me from Kazakhastan. It went from China to Kazakhstan to USA.

The other cases for the S20 FE 5G came from UAE. One other item came to me from Singapore Post. I am going to see how many different countries I get products from when shipped from China to USA.

Also this is probably the reason why the 99c cases have dried up on eBay. These all cost me anywhere from $2.80 to $3.30.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I needed a third backup for my audiobooks. Lost them last year because of never naming volume and accidentally tried to install a linux iso on an external drive. Got the following for 57 bucks at the local Walmart. I am still amazed at the prices of drives. I remember the first harddrive I purchased was 20megs and cost almost 300 bucks for my top of the line 8086 amstrad computer.

wc.jpg

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 640 arrived a few days ago. Just took me a bit of effort to unlock it from AT&T.View attachment 142850View attachment 142851
When helping my sister confirm her iPhone wasn't still locked on AT&T before adding her to my T-Mobile account, I saw they made it way more difficult if you weren't a current AT&T customer. Was a breeze back in the day when I was giving away AT&T L640s that I paid $10 each for after incentives to make WM converts.

The 640s were great phones.

Are batteries available at a reasonable price?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I needed a third backup for my audiobooks. Lost them last year because of never naming volume and accidentally tried to install a linux iso on an external drive. Got the following for 57 bucks at the local Walmart. I am still amazed at the prices of drives. I remember the first harddrive I purchased was 20megs and cost almost 300 bucks for my top of the line 8086 amstrad computer.

View attachment 142860
That will hold a LOT of audio books!

Prices for spinning or solid state are excellent these days.

I picked up a 14TB external WD at Best Buy for $199 recently (Thanks WC for the heads up). The drive in it is supposedly helium filled. I have it attached to an HTPC and am moving the contents of three 4TB internal drives to it. I may eventually pull it from the case and install it in the HTPC to save space and power and use the 4TBs for off-site backups. Right now the backups are a real kludge using lots of little retired HDs that almost fill a large suitcase with some padding between each one. LoL

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
When helping my sister confirm her iPhone wasn't still locked on AT&T before adding her to my T-Mobile account, I saw they made it way more difficult if you weren't a current AT&T customer. Was a breeze back in the day when I was giving away AT&T L640s that I paid $10 each for after incentives to make WM converts.

The 640s were great phones.

Are batteries available at a reasonable price?
I haven't looked at replacement battery prices. This one seems to be holding the charge fine for now. I use it for music, Reddit and browsing.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
A new borescope that links to my phone. my old Harbor Freight one works fine, but has a large camera module, so can't fit into very small openings, and a tiny screen. With this, I can rotate the picture on my phone to keep the orientation correct, and also snap photos. It's not something I need often, but it is very useful when you need it.
7b88de2643ac9ef31ff4eb48bcacf543.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
A new borescope that links to my phone. my old Harbor Freight one works fine, but has a large camera module, so can't fit into very small openings, and a tiny screen. With this, I can rotate the picture on my phone to keep the orientation correct, and also snap photos. It's not something I need often, but it is very useful when you need it.
7b88de2643ac9ef31ff4eb48bcacf543.jpg
Is that something you could use to look at the deep innards of intake runners and cylinder head ports? That would be invaluable for porting and polishing.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Is that something you could use to look at the deep innards of intake runners and cylinder head ports? That would be invaluable for porting and polishing.
You certainly could get it through an intake runner. I will see if I can get to the intake ports on the old engine I have on the stand and snap some pics so you can see how it looks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa