Post pictures of your latest purchase

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got from Walmart. Needed a new storage drive since the 2TB was almost full. Was planning to get a 4TB one but found they had a 6TB one for 20 bucks more. Way more than I need for years since it took almost 8 years to fill the 2TB one but who knows...Since I will be using it as a personal cloud the fun now begins. Will need to transfer almost 2TB worth of files over to it

View attachment 142901.
That's a great deal for the external storage drive.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2. White to match the Series S.

Pretty good headphones for the price. I don't know much about adjusting audio so I haven't even tried all the custom EQ stuff.

IMG_20210130_125952_5~2.jpg

(I thought I had posted this already but I guess not)

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
More drywall!
0b8b69398dc4c8eb0155f43b866b0a3d.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You can either use the prefilled cartridge or fill one in the kit using the ink pot. I already have two more pens back in the USA. So now I have three pens.
Don't know much about them. So, you can fill cartridges with your choice of ink? I guess I always figured liquid ink had to be put directly into the pen.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Those look really nice. Please let us know what you think once you've tried some of the settings.

I'm really enjoying them. I still haven't purchased a license for Dolby but even without out the sound quality is really good. I played Tetris Connect and it's nice to hear all the sounds that I miss using my regular speakers. There are a ton of features that I haven't dug into yet but I'm sure I will at some point. At some point maybe I'll buy the Xbox Wireless Adapter and connect them to my PC, but I already have my Samsung Galaxy Buds connected so I'm in no rush.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
What's the project?
Last year I built a pantry in our kitchen, taking space from the stairwell (phase one of the kitchen remodel I'm trying to finish up now...). Part of this is the backside of the pantry I never closed in, and the other is drywall I had to tear out in the process of building the pantry. The basement is unfinished, so the unfinished walls really weren't bothering me, but I had an extra sheet of drywall I needed to get out of the way, and of course needed two more to finish the job. Cutting around the stairs was an interesting challenge. I tried to leave a large enough gap to be able to run it between the studs and stairs, but it didn't work out that way.
34bf8743d107a7dc6c1c5c58a45f45af.jpg

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Nice. Great that you had available space to bump out for the pantry. For the stairs, an old timer I've worked with on some Habitat builds uses a scrap of 5/8 sheathing or roof decking as a guage on stair to wall spacing. But that's on new construction, I take it you were trimming them in place.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, they were already in place, and the wall ended up a smidge too close even with the spacer I nailed to the stringer. I should have cut the ends of the treads off flush with the stringer before I put the studs in like I had thought about doing. After that, I decided it would be too big of a pain. :)

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
New to me... Traded the 'ol 2007 F150 SuperCrew in for this primo 2010 Sport Trac. Literally driven by a little old lady who bought it new. Just 60k miles. Although it was a great vehicle and in great shape, just didn't need the size of the F150 anymore.

Attachments

• 20210211_145538.jpg
    20210211_145538.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
New to me... Traded the 'ol 2007 F150 SuperCrew in for this primo 2010 Sport Trac. Literally driven by a little old lady who bought it new. Just 60k miles. Although it was a great vehicle and in great shape, just didn't need the size of the F150 anymore.
I'm curious how the gas mileage is. My Explorer didn't get much better mileage than my F150 does. The overall difference was only about 1 MPG. It was about 2 MPG on the highway.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Congrats!! I drove a 2010 Sport Trac for a couple of years and it was great. My mileage hovered around 15 mpg combined (I do have a lead foot though). Granted, I'm not too proficient with automatic transmissions (aka Millennial anti-theft devices) so it could've been better. Solid, solid truck that should give you years of reliable service.

One important note though- watch your coolant level regularly and develop a sense for the smell of coolant. The thermostat housing is a composite component and they CRACK!!!! Rangers and Mustangs of that vintage suffer from this too. It's not an expensive part and quite easy to replace as a DIY project but if you turn your back on it it could turn disastrously expensive if the motor overheats badly enough.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious how the gas mileage is. My Explorer didn't get much better mileage than my F150 does. The overall difference was only about 1 MPG. It was about 2 MPG on the highway.

Only expecting a very marginal improvement. This ST has the old venerable 4.0 V6, so generally solid motor, but not known for sipping fuel. The trip computer is sitting on 15.8, no idea when it was last reset. The F150 was on 13.5, but it's been spending a lot of time warming up in the driveway. The ST fits in the garage.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Congrats!! I drove a 2010 Sport Trac for a couple of years and it was great. My mileage hovered around 15 mpg combined (I do have a lead foot though). Granted, I'm not too proficient with automatic transmissions (aka Millennial anti-theft devices) so it could've been better. Solid, solid truck that should give you years of reliable service.

One important note though- watch your coolant level regularly and develop a sense for the smell of coolant. The thermostat housing is a composite component and they CRACK!!!! Rangers and Mustangs of that vintage suffer from this too. It's not an expensive part and quite easy to replace as a DIY project but if you turn your back on it it could turn disastrously expensive if the motor overheats badly enough.

Had been reading about that particular issue, thanks for brining it up! I work IT for a dealership group, so have excellent vehicle support...and opportunity to stumble onto vehicles like this.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
My latest toy - an Echo Show 10, Was just released by Amazon yesterday. It is different from the others. It will follow you as you walk by it so you won't walk out of frame during a video call. It is replacing a show five.

show10.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos