Post pictures of your latest purchase

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... not a purchase that was expected, but my old refrigerator had a board go out on it keeping it from getting cold enough to be safe for food. New one is awesome - old one now is my beer fridge in the garage (it may not have gotten cold enough for food, but good enough for beer!).

PXL_20210503_124501255.jpg

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ugh... not a purchase that was expected, but my old refrigerator had a board go out on it keeping it from getting cold enough to be safe for food. New one is awesome - old one now is my beer fridge in the garage (it may not have gotten cold enough for food, but good enough for beer!).

View attachment 142989

Ugh, my fridge crapped out on Saturday. Thanks to OfferUp and owning a pickup truck I landed this bad boy dirt cheap and almost new for well under a grand. At this price I believe “scratch and dent” refers to the damage inflicted when it “fell off the truck”.
IMG_0018.JPG

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Been a minute...
429ab98fe26366f5570dc5ce447c5eb2.jpg

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Was time for new tires on the truck. I've been wanting to change the look, so I found some almost new take-offs on FB marketplace.
d8aa694bd66deb293ffbdfc5e49009c3.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Installed. Not as easy as it should have been.
Any chance related to socket not fitting lug nuts? The factory nuts are notorious for the thin shiny outer shells being damaged by too many on/offs or even as little as one ham-fisted impact on or off. Sometimes a slightly larger socket will work a few times, sometimes not.

Or do the new wheels use a different seat type of lug nut? After picture appears to show factory type 60 degree bulge nuts.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Any chance related to socket not fitting lug nuts? The factory nuts are notorious for the thin shiny outer shells being damaged by too many on/offs or even as little as one ham-fisted impact on or off. Sometimes a slightly larger socket will work a few times, sometimes not.

Or do the new wheels use a different seat type of lug nut? After picture appears to show factory type 60 degree bulge nuts.
Corrosion between the wheel and hub (X4) due to the dissimilar metals over time. Thanks to not regularly rotating the tires - a mix of bad habit and the lack of miles driven. Some anti seize on the hub surface should help minimize or best case prevent it in the future. Normally one swift kick to the tire will break the wheel free, but these fought me. I am too stubborn to back down and take it to tire shop for something I have always done myself. It took penetrating oil, many whacks with a dead blow hammer, and a few kicks for the first three. The last one needed a little extra... in the form of a crazy man swinging a trailer spare tire as high as his back would let him and hitting the side of the tire with it. Popped right off finally though.

I have experienced the swollen Ford lug nuts on two other vehicles, but these show no signs of corrosion or swelling. The lug nuts were the easy part on this vehicle! I'd like to think the knucklehead that came up with that design has already been flogged over it.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Corrosion between the wheel and hub (X4) due to the dissimilar metals over time. Thanks to not regularly rotating the tires - a mix of bad habit and the lack of miles driven. Some anti seize on the hub surface should help minimize or best case prevent it in the future. Normally one swift kick to the tire will break the wheel free, but these fought me. I am too stubborn to back down and take it to tire shop for something I have always done myself. It took penetrating oil, many whacks with a dead blow hammer, and a few kicks
Real men just drive it with just one turn of the lug nuts until things start wobbling.

Grabber5.0

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I don't even know if I should post this, because it feels like I'm bragging. This weekend I bought ONE FOURTH of a sheet of half inch sanded plywood for a cabinet project. Is that too braggy? Should I delete this?
3b34380a7751f6854472cbf7c1a77896.jpg

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of these lights advertised and after a bit 'o research, I found a set I liked that had great reviews - so I took a chance. Holy brightness, Batman! These worked fantastic for the garage and lit it up like daylight. I was skeptical because of the cheap crap 'as seen on TV' stuff, but love this set. Getting a set for my parents home because it's so dim in their 2.5 car garage.

Ignore the super bug-covered windshield in the pic - had a 7 hour drive the night before. :) And, yes I use a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling like your 90 yr old grandpa. I only have a couple inches clearance behind me - wanna make something of it? Your grandpa was a smart man - you should be ashamed of yourself for making fun of him like that! :grin::grin:

PXL_20210616_135005276.jpg

PXL_20210616_135030682.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720