Post pictures of your latest purchase

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
There are lots of these lights advertised and after a bit 'o research, I found a set I liked that had great reviews - so I took a chance. Holy brightness, Batman! These worked fantastic for the garage and lit it up like daylight. I was skeptical because of the cheap crap 'as seen on TV' stuff, but love this set. Getting a set for my parents home because it's so dim in their 2.5 car garage.

Ignore the super bug-covered windshield in the pic - had a 7 hour drive the night before. :) And, yes I use a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling like your 90 yr old grandpa. I only have a couple inches clearance behind me - wanna make something of it? Your grandpa was a smart man - you should be ashamed of yourself for making fun of him like that! :grin::grin:

View attachment 143014

View attachment 143015

I'm more impressed with the fact that you can actually fit a car in your garage.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There are lots of these lights advertised and after a bit 'o research, I found a set I liked that had great reviews - so I took a chance. Holy brightness, Batman! These worked fantastic for the garage and lit it up like daylight. I was skeptical because of the cheap crap 'as seen on TV' stuff, but love this set. Getting a set for my parents home because it's so dim in their 2.5 car garage.

Ignore the super bug-covered windshield in the pic - had a 7 hour drive the night before. :) And, yes I use a tennis ball hanging from the ceiling like your 90 yr old grandpa. I only have a couple inches clearance behind me - wanna make something of it? Your grandpa was a smart man - you should be ashamed of yourself for making fun of him like that! :grin::grin:

View attachment 143014

View attachment 143015

Nicee! What does the ball do again? I have seen it but I don't get why. This is a serious question.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
The object of the game is to drive into your garage as fast as you can to hit the ball and make it touch the ceiling.:winktongue::evil:
Supposed to be a little of both. Mine is where if I'm not going fast enough when I hit the ball it won't hit the ceiling BUT if I'm going too fast, I won't be able to stop without crashing into the laundry room. Has gotten easier over the years as the garage kept getting bigger and the laundry room kept getting smaller from times I was off my game.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
decided to upgrade my phone from a samsung galaxy note10+ to a samsung galaxyS21 Ultra. First time without a note since the original was released. Going to miss mst, microsd card and a couple other features but in the end, I am still happy with the new phone. Just about got it set up when I remember to post it here.

newphone.jpg

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
Coming soon, just bought a Surface Duo (AT&T locked version) on Woot's Amazon store

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3831452

I'm on Cricket but I read before that AT&T locked devices still work on Cricket since AT&T owns Cricket and uses their network. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and I have to return it.

I cannot see why it would not work with cricket. I looked at it myself before getting the s21. Decided against it because it did not have nfc and did not know if all the health features of the samsung active 2 watch would work with it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I cannot see why it would not work with cricket. I looked at it myself before getting the s21. Decided against it because it did not have nfc and did not know if all the health features of the samsung active 2 watch would work with it.

I also have an Active 2. I don't have NFC turned on and instead I have it connected via Bluetooth to my phone. Seems to work fine, however, I don't use the Samsung health app so I'm not sure what data is/isn't being transferred.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I was also under the impressions that companies couldn't stop consumers from unlocking their phones, or at least a person had to wait X amount of time before unlocking. Of course, a lot may have changed while Ajit Pai was in charge.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I am taking a wait and see attitude about the phone the op posted. I looked at it a last week just before ordering the s21 ultra and though I decided against it because of the reasons I previously stated, I would not have ordered it from that company. Shipping date was too far off and the price was way too low. I was not willing to take the risk. If it turned out to be a good bargain, then I may consider ordering from them the next time I need a phone. So HeyCoi remember to post when you get it.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
I was also under the impressions that companies couldn't stop consumers from unlocking their phones, or at least a person had to wait X amount of time before unlocking. Of course, a lot may have changed while Ajit Pai was in charge.

as far as I know that had not change. You can unlock it as long as you fulfilled all obligations you made when you originally purchased it. I paid off my 10+ about a year ago and within days got an email from att stating I could unlock it if I wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss