Post pictures of your latest purchase

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
first new toys just arrived. first time I ever purchased refurbished from amazon but the price was right. Talked to the usps carrier that delivered them and gound they had to call in extra help for all the amazon packages. Decided to go with ring cameras since I already had a ring doorbell. I have too many different cameras/subscriptions and wanted to consolidate to one brand.

s2.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The Surfaces no one else will buy :grin:

A Laptop Go, Surface Go 2, and Duo. And technically, the laptop belongs to work lol.

IMG_20210625_130018_202.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So far I've been having a fairly bug free experience with the Duo. I think Microsoft did a good job of incorporating the dual screen concept. While the list of apps that support dual screens is (slowly) growing, I can always flip the screen around and have just a regular Android phone, or have separate apps on each screen. It has turned into a wonderful experience. My biggest knock against the Duo is the camera. It's slow to take pictures and they come out a bit too soft. Thankfully, I'm not much of a camera person anymore (not like in the good ol' Windows phone days) so I can live with a bad camera. And if need be, I have two other phones here for picture taking.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So far I've been having a fairly bug free experience with the Duo. I think Microsoft did a good job of incorporating the dual screen concept. While the list of apps that support dual screens is (slowly) growing, I can always flip the screen around and have just a regular Android phone, or have separate apps on each screen. It has turned into a wonderful experience. My biggest knock against the Duo is the camera. It's slow to take pictures and they come out a bit too soft. Thankfully, I'm not much of a camera person anymore (not like in the good ol' Windows phone days) so I can live with a bad camera. And if need be, I have two other phones here for picture taking.

This sounds nice! Also nice lineup by the way. How has the Duo size been for you?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You got in at a good time, I was one of the early adopters and I can tell you that the Duo now is nothing like it was in November. The June update dropped today so let's see if any real bug extermination occurred. Congrats

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This sounds nice! Also nice lineup by the way. How has the Duo size been for you?

When I'm using it horizontally, it's juuuuust on the edge of being too wide. I have to stretch my thumbs just a little to reach the middle. Otherwise it's fine. I imagine future iterations will have thinner bezels making it easier to reach the middle. That said, I'm fine with the size, and I would like smaller bezels but I'm not too bothered by them. They're not what I think about while I'm using it.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You got in at a good time, I was one of the early adopters and I can tell you that the Duo now is nothing like it was in November. The June update dropped today so let's see if any real bug extermination occurred. Congrats

Just the right time at just the right price! Two things that I noticed is the camera not flipping correctly, which I think is related to another bug where the wrong screen is active when folded in half. Fortunately, it doesn't happen enough to drive me crazy.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just the right time at just the right price! Two things that I noticed is the camera not flipping correctly, which I think is related to another bug where the wrong screen is active when folded in half. Fortunately, it doesn't happen enough to drive me crazy.
Simple fix I discovered early on. Put the camera icon in the left screen tray so that you can flip the phone open and the icon is opposite the camera. Also, make sure you have the phone flipped before you turn on the flashlight and access it from the left pane as well. It WILL blind you for a few seconds.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Finally got it (iPhone 12 mini)! Not sure why it’s sideways.

Attachments

• 13C4BA50-981D-44D5-83C3-63BF47077131.jpeg
    13C4BA50-981D-44D5-83C3-63BF47077131.jpeg
    51.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte