Are you careful?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Which type of phone user are you?
Do you toss your device around without regard?
Or are you obsessive, constantly cleaning looking for damage?

Does a scratch across the screen bug you or could you care less as long as it gets the job done?

Personally I despise any damage.
If I know it's there I'll focus on it.

Which type are you?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a freak about keeping my phone clean and free from damage. Multiple tempered glass screen protectors on standby. Numerous cases. Always carrying around screen wipes. If I get one scratch or ding, the enjoyability factor drops to zero for me. :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm a freak about keeping my phone clean and free from damage. Multiple tempered glass screen protectors on standby. Numerous cases. Always carrying around screen wipes. If I get one scratch or ding, the enjoyability factor drops to zero for me. :)

Two peas in a pod :)

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey Friend! LMAO! My At&T slider is not even charged up. How careful is that??
You are appreciated my friend and the devil made me post this!:devil:
I'm going to bed now. You're now in charge my friend!:grin:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 50

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm just like you two @Guytronic and @ScienceGuy Labs. I might not be on ScienceGuy's level but I do everything in my power to make sure that my phones have no markings. A scratch on the screen totally ruins the phone's aesthetic for me. If I somehow get one on the protector, I'll deal with it until my new screen protector comes in lol.

When I see so many people with cracked screens using their phones normally (especially if it is the kind that goes across the whole screen), I have to get myself not to look. I can't ever imagine doing that.

And when people have videos of them using their phones with said cracked screens..ughhh.

Funny that you made this thread, because I recently got a skin for my iPhone and I liked it without a case but I was too paranoid to leave the house with it like that (lol) so I put on an old case for now.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my lemon 1520 without any casing, and when the protective screen gets all too scratchy, I will be peeling it off and let it be buck naked...
Live and let live, I say

...!!

Last edited:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't understand the people who put their phones in their back pocket of their jeans/pants? Do they care so little about their phone that a cracked screen doesn't bother them? Maybe they haven't "learned" what could happen?

Geez. Thank you for listening. I have been wanting to say that comment, to someone, for a long time.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I as careful as I can be... but, sometimes, am so focused of the job at hand that I let my guard down, and will on occasion put my keys in the same pocket as my phone (rare, but I have done it more than once). I try to anticipate when a risk is going to be greater (ie: out of town project), and will change the case/protection. I don't necessarily constantly clean the phone, but check it EVERTIME a threat of damage had occurred (dropped it, keys in pocket, got wet, etc). I may not carry wipes with me, but I would see any damage, in my minds eye, at all time...like a door ding on a Porsche - and consider it unacceptable - and fix/change what is broken, or buy a replacement.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't understand the people who put their phones in their back pocket of their jeans/pants? Do they care so little about their phone that a cracked screen doesn't bother them? Maybe they haven't "learned" what could happen?

Geez. Thank you for listening. I have been wanting to say that comment, to someone, for a long time.

As a lady, sometimes we have no choice because at least half of our jeans and pants don't have "real" pockets at the front. Usually back pockets are better and can fit the phone better. It doesn't help that most phones that are available are in the range of sizes from iPhone 6s/6/7 to the Plus versions.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always use a case when I am out and about. However, I don't use a case when I am at home, since I do not have any kids or pets who could damage my devices.

I carry my phone in the left front pocket of my Levi's, without any other items in that pocket.

I use Whoosh Screen Shine to clean my phone screen. I carry the small bottle and microfibre cloth with me. The package is small enough to fit in my right front pocket.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That whoosh stuff is pretty good. I use that too. I do keep my phone in my back pocket, but I'm always aware that it's there. I don't bend over with it there. I don't sit on it. Embarrassingly enough, I sometimes wear a Velcro belt holster. :D

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm just like you two @Guytronic and @ScienceGuy Labs. I might not be on ScienceGuy's level but I do everything in my power to make sure that my phones have no markings. A scratch on the screen totally ruins the phone's aesthetic for me. If I somehow get one on the protector, I'll deal with it until my new screen protector comes in lol.

When I see so many people with cracked screens using their phones normally (especially if it is the kind that goes across the whole screen), I have to get myself not to look. I can't ever imagine doing that.

And when people have videos of them using their phones with said cracked screens..ughhh.

Funny that you made this thread, because I recently got a skin for my iPhone and I liked it without a case but I was too paranoid to leave the house with it like that (lol) so I put on an old case for now.

That's hilarious that you mention skins. I put a glow in the dark skin on my Nexus 6P, but after two minutes of holding it, slapped a case on it. Ha ha

And I totally agree with your opinion of seeing people using cracked screens. That would drive me absolutely bonkers. :D

Now that you mention it, I guess I do go a bit overboard with my phone condition paranoia. Lol But Guytronic and I will have the best looking phones in these forums for sure. Ha ha

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my lemon 1520 without any casing, and when the protective screen gets all too scratchy, I will be peeling it off and let it be buck naked...
Live and let live, I say

...!!
Without a case or screen protector on that 1520, you might be singing live and let die pretty soon. :D That's one phone that I almost dropped numerous times for whatever reason. I had to have a case on mine. It still takes good pictures for you that you put on Instagram, though. :)

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not too concerned with a nick or scratch on the back but if there's so much as a smudge on my screen I go full-tilt Rain Man.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have some very minor scratches on the upper right of my beloved Lumia 925's screen.
They are only visible in bright light at a certain angle.

When I pick the phone up I always rub that spot and wipe profusely with a micro fiber cloth.
Even though the scratching is virtually invisible I still know they are there.
My obvious obsession drives me nuts...

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm always careful with my device. Only a case and thats about it. I don't use screen protectors. I feel it takes away from truly enjoying the display. Its either in a small compartment in my bag that i carry or in my front pockets with a small microfiber cloth. Never with keys or coins and such.

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
That's hilarious that you mention skins. I put a glow in the dark skin on my Nexus 6P, but after two minutes of holding it, slapped a case on it. Ha ha

And I totally agree with your opinion of seeing people using cracked screens. That would drive me absolutely bonkers. :D

Now that you mention it, I guess I do go a bit overboard with my phone condition paranoia. Lol But Guytronic and I will have the best looking phones in these forums for sure. Ha ha

I know that you two do lol!

Ooh a glow in the dark skin sounds awesome! It must look so cool! It's been so hard to fit a skin and case together. The case I ordered doesn't fit. :/ But I had another new case I never used before that barely fits. I feel better with that on.

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Greetings,
I broke my first 520 by dropping it on pavement.
Then I used an incipio on my 925 for a while, but stopped because, well, it looks, and feels much better naked! It also slips in and out of my pocket much easier.
Since then the only thing I've done is put a carbon skin on my 640, and a light brown Mozo back cover on my 650.
I just try to be careful, but I know s*** happens no matter what.
However, I do wipe my 650 several times a day with lens moleskin.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb