SD CARDS...What's your preffered brand?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Out of any brand what would be your favorite or the brand you have had the best luck with?

I'll use any of the top names as long as I can get a great deal.
So what names do you stick with?

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Samsung and Sandisk are the top 2 brands I stick with as they're the most reliable for me. If I can find a high capacity SD card for a good price then you better believe that it'll be in my shopping card online or in store

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sony, Samsung here mostly since these 2 seem to go on sale a lot.
I'll buy the high end SanDisk cards if I see a price cut.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've used these brands over the years

Samsung
Silicon Power
PNY
Lexar
Sandisk

I've only had a problem with one card, a 128GB Silicon Power micro SD. I sent it back to SP and got a new card back within a week and a half. That was almost a year ago. Haven't had a problem since.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Samsung, Sandisk and Lexar are the preferred brands but lately I just use whatever i find the cheapest. The Microcenter brand has served me well as have a couple Toshiba 16gb ones being used in Raspberry Pi devices.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I think brands are more confusing than helpful. Behind most brand names what we'll actually find are testing, marketing and distribution companies. I think Samsung is one of the few exceptions. Most others source their chips from the same three or four producers.
Even if you are loyal to a brand, the actual producer can and likely will differ from one model to the next. Sometimes even a single brand model will incorporate chips from multiple producers (per production run), typically when one producer can't fulfill new orders but a competitor with a similar enough product can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon