Little things that brighten your day?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I want to know what little things that you do, and/or someone does for you that can brighten your day just a bit.

Feel free to share one thing or as many things as you want.

I'll start.

Drinking a mug of tea in the evening after work and after dinner is something that I enjoy doing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Listening to records on my turntable with my valve phono preamp, valve headphone amp and my Sony MDR-7506 headphones.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My day is brightened by getting something accomplished whether it's small or large.

Simply going outside and sweeping up or fixing something helps me to smile.

leandrodp2016

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
My yoga classes twice a week, going to bed knowing I can wake up as late as I please, listening to good music, and I'll take the morning workout plus The coffee and piece of cake ☕

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Pulled a lot of weeds yesterday and vacuumed the front yard...
Felt so good to see all the debris cleaned up.
(Please note I'm retired)

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Pulled a lot of weeds yesterday and vacuumed the front yard...
Felt so good to see all the debris cleaned up.
(Please note I'm retired)

Sounds like you have a thing for getting things in order and that feels good. Very cool.

Going for a walk. If not in the woods, on an urban trail.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

Do you have a certain distance that you like to walk, or it depends on what you feel like doing?

Morning runs and a Caramel Mocha Frapé from Starbucks makes my day a whole lot better!

Nice! Same question goes for you, do you have a set distance for your run or are you more about the time (i.e. 20 minute run)?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Coffee! Gotta have that coffee! Other than that it's usually the goofy little things my kids do that brighten the day.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Nice! Same question goes for you, do you have a set distance for your run or are you more about the time (i.e. 20 minute run)?

For me distance doesn't play too much of a role, it's more-so time and it depends on how I feel before I do the run, lol. A normal day would be 15 mins in one direction (take a small break at the convenient store) and 15 mins back (30 mins). If I feel a little peppy then I'll go for 50 mins (estimated total, not 50 mins in one direction) and I'll end up at Walmart before I start heading back.
*Note that this is *5:30am almost everyday.*
Sometimes one of my neighbors will be along with me and we'll chat the whole way which makes the run a bit nicer, but on a normal day I'll just be listening to music .

Around 7:30 I'll go to Startbuck and enjoy a Caramel Mocha Frapé

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My day is brightened by finding something cool in the mailbox...like a package I was expecting tomorrow :)

Same here! A few months back I wasn't actually expecting cash in an envelop when I did an online survey but I got $10 cash for answering maybe 10-15 questions. I felt good for the entire week, lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99