Do you see people downgrading from Windows 10 because of speed issues?

ryanisawesome555

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Hello,
I was just wondering if you have seen(or been) someone who downgraded from Windows 10 because of speed issues? I have because I had some common speed issues and lag, I was using a Dell Optiplex GX620 which is out of the point because my friend said "As long as it can run 8.1, it can run 10 just fine" but he ended downgrading for the same reason. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced these with highend computers or is it just my 2006 PC playing tricks on me?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
If you mean speed of the processor - that depends on what programs and apps are running in the background - which affects how much of the processor is being used

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen, people who downgraded did it because they liked Windows 7 better. I don't recall anyone ever downgrading from 10 to 8/8.1.

As far as speed, I would say that Windows 8 ran faster than Windows 7 on the same machine. Windows 10 is slower than 8, more like Windows 7. I'd rate Windows 7 and 10 about the same for speed. Purely anecdotal though!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
No, I mean the smoothness of the OS itself. Like opening Microsoft Edge takes a long time.

Edge opens quite quickly -about 1-2 seconds on my surface 3 as opposed to 15-20 seconds for firefox

However, edge opening websites can take longer if you have an erratic wifi connection - if the wifi is stable, then opening websites is also quite fast

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Problem is stability of unnourished W10 platform.
On my w10 devices, most of app crashed inevitably.
- All you need is to update your w10 device daily.

ryanisawesome555

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
Edge opens quite quickly -about 1-2 seconds on my surface 3 as opposed to 15-20 seconds for firefox

However, edge opening websites can take longer if you have an erratic wifi connection - if the wifi is stable, then opening websites is also quite fast

You don't get my point... MS Edge was just an example, I meant speed of opening apps in general and such.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You don't get my point... MS Edge was just an example, I meant speed of opening apps in general and such.

photos app takes a few seconds if I'm opening 20MB pictures but it's generally fast
Films and TV app opens in 1-2 seconds, regardless of movie type or quality
I don't use groove so can't comment there
Instagram can take a while, like 10-15 seconds but it opens faster if the internet is stable
other apps like mail, calculator, torrex etc, they all open speedily

That has been my experience on my surface 3

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I was just wondering if you have seen(or been) someone who downgraded from Windows 10 because of speed issues? I have because I had some common speed issues and lag, I was using a Dell Optiplex GX620 which is out of the point because my friend said "As long as it can run 8.1, it can run 10 just fine" but he ended downgrading for the same reason. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced these with highend computers or is it just my 2006 PC playing tricks on me?

Win10 is performing better(than 8.1 or 7) on newer hardware. Have seen it on both my 6thgen i7 laptop or 5th gen i5 laptop.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
I find Microsoft edge can be a little buggy and slow, but overall I'd say Windows 10 runs better than 7 or 8.1 did on my desktop and Surface Pro 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss